Thrust master TX 458 wheel firmware update

Is it absolutley necessary to update the firmware for the Thrustmaster TX wheel? Or am I fine to just plug it straight into the Xbox and race?

I’d advise updating it. Doing so will mean you can have auto clutch, meaning you don’t need to press “a” on the wheel every time you change gear.

Doing it does nothing detrimental to the wheel.

Only did the 1st update,wheel works fine.

sure it will work right out of the box, but as already stated above, it doesnt hurt to update the firmware if you have access to a windows pc.

apart from the auto-clutch and shifter support, v47 adds a few useful adjustment features which can be changed on the fly. and v48 changes power- and thermal-/fan-management, this is a quite noticeable change as the cooling fan stops much quicker now.

Changes implemented in Firmware V48:

• Optimized cooling fan management (the cooling fan turns off quicker now when the motor cools down).
  • Optimized wheel’s power supply management.

V47:

• Added compatibility with the TH8A SHIFTER.
  • Added the WHEEL SENSITIVITY ADJUST feature which, on Xbox One™, enables players to adjust the wheel’s sensitivity level according to the selected rotation angle; 4 sensitivity levels are available.
  • Added the AUTO-CLUTCH feature which, in some games for Xbox One™, enables players to select the “manual gear shift with clutch” option, even if they don’t have a clutch pedal.
  • Added the CENTER VALUE ADJUST feature, which enables users to reconfigure the wheel’s preset center value.
  • Optimized compatibility with the FERRARI 458 CHALLENGE WHEEL Add-On wheel in games for Xbox One™ and PC.
  • Optimized compatibility with the FERRARI F1 WHEEL Add-On in games for Xbox One™ and PC.
  • Optimized Xbox One™ protocol.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve just sent my faulty TX wheel back and I think I’ll just skip the updates when I get my new 1 and plug it straight into the Xbox

Need help,
I did the driver update (2017_TTRS_7) + Firmware
but my sensitivity adjustment still won’t work.