There is no way Turn10 deserves best racing game award (I forgot asterisks offend y'all XD)

Simple. You don’t deserve it by any means.

36 Likes

Rigged

14 Likes

Just shows what a waste of time these awards are. If T10 are proud, they’re misreading the room! I’m not saying they haven’t put the work in, but the end results speak for themselves.

26 Likes

Seriously?

2 Likes

Literally any of the other nominees in this category would have been a more deserving choice.

What I find interesting is FM currently has a 39% positive rating on Steam, yet Metacritic shows an 84 from Critic Reviews and a 7.6 user score. Judging by this, it seems like people either love this game or hate it.

My guess is the people giving it the low scores are mostly longtime fans of the franchise who (rightly) expected a whole lot more. I can only imagine that the more favorable scores come mostly from people who haven’t played the game very much and have been fortunate enough to not have experienced too many of the bugs or broken/missing features. Either that, or they haven’t played previous entries in the series to get a good idea of what is missing. Or maybe they’re just easily impressed…? Or blind? Or have never played a video game before? :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

il_300x300.4928112327_t4iq1

16 Likes

Sounds like the crowd was in shock after the announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/live/Zu2z5M4gmno?si=nSr4WOFFaqnuuRyn&t=11483

Did it? I dunno, sounded pretty normal to me. A bit subdued, maybe I guess.

1 Like

You mean the biggest name in the list won? Just like every other year? Gee, there’s a shock.

2 Likes

This award is clearly not based on player counts or user reviews…

steamdb.info/charts/?compare=2108330,2440510

xbox.com/en-us/games/store/f1-23/9mtk0s8cq0qv

xbox.com/en-us/games/store/forza-motorsport-standard-edition/9plkvswr299f
fm

21 Likes

Just like any and all awards shows,absolutely meaningless back-patting exercises and completely fake,likely sponsored by shareholders rofl.

12 Likes

Microsoft and Bethesda absolutely paid for starfield reviews, sadly it doesn’t surprise me that they would pay for game awards also.

Even if the game has the best accessibility features in the world - what use is making a tu*rd more accessible.

these forums are fun:

12 Likes

Digging a little deeper, critics on both Xbox and PC rate the game highly, as do users on Xbox. While users on PC rate it poorly. Not sure what exactly to make of that, tbh but it’s interesting.

4 Likes

Have a look into the accounts and you will find dozens that have no other reviewed games except for 10/10 on Starfield and 10/10 on Redfall. I’ll look for examples to paste.

edit* I recall when I looked for Starfield and found a bunch - they were often Spanish language accounts.

7 Likes

Here’s the sort of thing I’m talking about.
Nobody actually feels that way about those games - either its paid reviews with some kind of bot or even just manual entry or it’s a fan Xbox actively trying to raise it’s overall review profile.

12 Likes

Maybe Phil Spencer gave him a Hummer (the car…what else could I mean)

3 Likes

Look at this - not only do they bump Forza titles with 10’s they also target GT 7 with negative scores.

There are far too many of these for me to believe it’s not some ‘marketing’ firm that helps to boost sales by artificially increasing review outlet scores.

19 Likes

and another one

6 Likes

I wonder…
I googled “Vince Rivera Microsoft”
Just kind outta curiosity, Kinda extrapolating from the name “vinzerivera” a little …
Vicente Rivera - Principal Engineering Manager, Mixed Reality - Microsoft | LinkedIn
Naaaaaaaa, can’t be…
That would be some conspiracy level ****…

6 Likes

Microsofts huge - and that’s a common ish name - no matter what two word name you put in it will spit out a Microsoft employee present or near past.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but AFAIK probably a coincidence.

To catch them out I would think - the frequency of posts would look odd by location.

For example you’d see an abnormal increase in monday to friday working hour reviews if it were manually entered by some data entry shmuck somewhere.

2 Likes