The horizon series is gradually getting worse

Some people seem to want to be pro E-sports racers in essentially an arcade driving game that features racing. There are so many audiences to cater for at once.

3 Likes

I’m getting on for 300 hours on FH5, so not exactly casual. I think it’s a great game overall.
it has vanilla racing (open) if that’s all you want plus all the other stuff.
I thinks it’s the best racing game ever, all things considered.

More sim racer type games, even Forza motorsport, I find a bit dull and boring. I like the variety of FH5.
Horizon tour is proably my favorite mode, but I like the seasonal challenges too, as it encorages to use cars and tunes you might not normally play with.

I’m at the point now where i’ve got a pretty good car/tune for any scenario, so now I’m thinking how to refine that, or change cars to see what difference it makes.

6 Likes

Hmpff… did you play more than one racing game? ever? . . . because if you think FH5 is the best racing game, you have a big problem.

And no, how is this game casual?? do you guys even know what that means? casual players want quick easy races with fast multiplayer where they can play just half an hour evey day without problems.

Between all the bloating loading screens all over the place, the slow multiplayer, the terrible gameplay mechanics in place… this game is the LESS casual game ive ever seen. lol.

3 Likes

I can load up and go on a tour in minutes. :man_shrugging: you don’t need a winning tune or loads of credits. You get gifted a garage of nice cars early on. The stories open quick and you can choose how you progress. It has guaranteed story completion…

5 Likes

Note : It was an individual opinion, specific to that person. What turns your crank may or may (obviously) not turn theirs.

And yes, it is casual in so much of the game. Easy to jump in and just do stuff. The very definition of casual. Granted there’s a bit of an introductory bit before some things unlock, but, you don’t even need to if all you want to do is drive around in a limited set of cars and activities. Very casual.

Granted some of what you say affects some and is a turnoff for some. I’ll bet a lot of casual players don’t even notice it lol.

4 Likes

I’m an old school gamer - and I’ve played hard core games and casual games alike - and this is one of the more casual 3A games there is. I can complete a seasonal play list in roughly 4 to 6 hours MAX. I typically have it done within 24 hours and just log in to do dailies - all of 10 to 15 min.

This game is casual. it’s hopelessly casual… and if you can’t honestly find 5 to 6 hours a WEEK to play any game - then the problem isn’t that the game isn’t casual enough.

3 Likes

Yes loads, the origeonal Gran tourismo was truly great, and some of the need for speed franchise are really good fun.
Most of teh others just kinda fade into the background.

2 Likes

Back when a “coffee break” literally meant MORE PAIN. :smile::weary:

> …I’ve literally watched Mike Brown stare slack jawed at the camera during a GO vid demoing the Super7 in FH4 where it spawns your car stuck between the guardrails at the drag strip… Yeah.

…I thought it was intentional that the car spawned in the middle of the guardrails to inhibit the launch speed for the challenge. From memory, one had to back up anyway in order to get enough speed, but not too much in order to make the time limit.

That reminds me of the black Subaru Impreza from the official Gran Turismo 1 or 2 demonstration that just kept crashing, flying into the air and hitting walls. :smile:

1 Like

I don’t get it ? Isn’t that how everybody drives in the game ?

:wink:

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks FM is kinda dull. FH games are just more fun, and I love the freedom aspect.

2 Likes

I assume console players have way quicker loading times and less loading bloating screens?

Because it takes about two minutes already to get to the game itself where you can actually drive. And that is without counting the time it takes to find a team, and if you are going to play with other friends to make the team having luck enough that everybody is in, or that nobody is disconnected… etc, or keep trying for 30 minutes because of it… yeah, this game is very “CASUAL”. LOL. Hilarious.

if you are going to play with other friends to make the team having luck enough that everybody is in, or that nobody is disconnected…

That sounds more like a ‘you’ problem, tbh.

Is your PC up to spec?
In any multiplayer game your gonna have to have a lobby type system to make sure all players are ready.

1 Like

Casual. Yeah. Not all that…

… Serious gamer stuff. And didn’t I just see you commenting elsewhere about how people need to realize this is FH5 and NOT a Serious game ? i.e. FH5 is a Casual game. LOL !

EDIT : Ah, here it is…

Good advice :+1:

Oh, and please give the attention span of that gnat back… “my god, TWO MINUTES ! the world is going to end, it’s taking forever for my game to load…” lol.

I’m hitting save cap. Had to start deleting tunes that I probably won’t use.

1 Like

What’s the cap limit - been asking the Devs for the value of this for a while now. As usual - no response.

Currently 630 tunes shared. Probably around this figure.

I’ll keep tunes for classic vehicles permanent. Includes Volkswagen Type 2 bus. Its good to have some laughs for silly.

2 Likes

I imagine its only truly faster for Series X users. I play on a One S, and the load times are abysmal, and the framerate drops on complex and dense EventLabs are biblical.

I love that bus :heart::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like