The game crashes after ± 15 minutes of play

The game crashes to the desktop after ± 15 minutes of play. I updated Windows to the latest version and the drivers on the video card did not help. Please tell me how to solve this problem.

4 Likes

I’ve always had problems trying to play Forza on the PC. I think it’s better to play it on the Xbox.

1 Like

it can be many things important to know would be when or if the crash is just completly random?

on what you play (Steam,Windows Store)?

and if you are using overlays which can also crash the game, for excample for me it was nvidias gamefilter which i activated and it always crashed after starting the game! same can also happen with other overlays that can interact with the game! depending on the system it seems…

otherwise you might want to use the most stable driver which arent the experimental driver for amd and for nvidia its the studio driver which also fixed the pink pixelated non existing textures of forza horizon 5… for me…

sometimes i also heard using administrator to start the game might also help but i for me it wasnt the solution, maybe it can help you?

Hi, if this is still happening then please post the event that is logged in the Windows Application Event logs.

Try using an older GPU driver (if NVidia, look for version 517.08. that particular one worked for me.) Latest Nvidia drivers have compatibility issues AFAIK.

ive run into this issue now too…

Either the game hangs with an Event ID 1002 ( HTTP request fail)
or it simply just crashes to desktop with an Event ID 1000

Spoken to microsoft (which is what forza support ticket team suggest) and after several hours of run test, instal this, allow remote access etc… no fix and microsoft report, you have no validation issues, no driver conflicts, no reason to suspect its your OS… but MAYBE do a complete reinstall of your OS…
this is the 5th time its happened yet the history with my issues is as follows:

Fresh OS, Driver instal - game works fine
after several weeks with no windows updates, no driver updates & no additional software being installed, the game just decides, no!.. crash or hang every 15-20 mins…
so unless im required to reinstal my entire OS & Drivers every few weeks just to play 1 game smoothly… something is not right!!

If anyone here has any suggestions or knows of a fix… i would appreciate the info…

1 Like

ERROR REPORT 1:
The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 1.476.400.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 37c8
Start Time: 01d8ef83b76287ca
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\ForzaHorizon4\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report Id: 78eeb165-bd49-4fa6-8664-707143bcc5bb
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Top level window is idle

or its

ERROR REPORT 2:
Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 1.476.400.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 1.476.400.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000004e5011
Faulting process ID: 0x10e0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8eef53ffb1de2
Faulting application path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\ForzaHorizon4\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\ForzaHorizon4\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report ID: 805a5869-2f21-4773-a79d-3e47ed748aae
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

mostly, error 1 (1002) and every 15-20 mins…

Greetings! I solved this problem by rolling back the drivers to an earlier version. Video card nvidia 1650, was version 526, rolled back to 511.

1 Like

I am currently staying on version 522 and everything is stable. Updated to the latest version and there were crashes after 10 minutes. I had to roll back to 522. I hope this will be fixed in the future

1 Like

Downgrade your Nvidia gfx driver version. I faced the same random crashes after I updated to v526.xx on my gtx1650. Now on v517.48 and the game works perfectly fine.

3 Likes

i have this videcard too, updated driver to 517 its help me too, i was this problem on windows 11

2 Likes

Same here, stability issues with the latest NVIDIA drivers. Rolling back to 522.25 fixed it.

Would be nice if either the devs or the lads at NVIDIA could take a look at it, as other newer games (e.g. MWII) specifically recommend the latest driver. But, I also understand the game has been out for quite some time now, so I am not getting my hopes up …

2 Likes

Thanks god. This post finally saves me.

I’ve tried all so-call solutions I could find, but none of them worked.

NIVDIA 522.25 kills it!!!

As I remember, I could play the game for around one whole hour yesterday before it became freezing, and after I took the advice of updating to the latest NVIDIA version, it decreasd to 15-30 mins. Holy shti.

I’ve played 1.5 hours so far and it looks all good. Fair enough stability even if it breaks again lol

1 Like

Somehow good news… nvidia acknowledges the problem in latest drivers:

• [Steam version] Forza Horizon 4 may freeze after 15-30 minutes of gameplay [3866530]
    So they should fix it in next release.
1 Like

I had this issue on Steam only, i can confirm that rolling back to 522.25 has resolved the issue

1 Like

For those curious, the latest drivers (version 528.02) do NOT fix the freezing issue. Stick to 522.25 or older for now if you’re still playing FH4.

2 Likes

obrigado

guys, the problem is still not solved. Today I updated to the latest driver and the game started crashing again.

1 Like

Then roll back the driver?

1 Like

528.49 still the same problem.
522.25 working good.

1 Like