The Buy a Design/Vinyl Achievement cant be won - servers unavailable... can this be fixed?

The Buy a Design/Vinyl Achievement cant be won - servers unavailable… can this be fixed?

2 Likes

This, I also have this issue. Is there any word from Turn 10 or MS as to whether this can be or will be fixed? It seems to have to do with the actual exchange of credits as I can navigate all the way to my friend’s storefront, click on the item for purchase and then the server seems to time out when I click purchase.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Same problem, still not fixed…

Same issue here, I have tried reaching out to Forza Support and Playground games on twitter. No replies yet! Hopefully support will fix this soon!

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. wish there was a fix!

1 Like

I can access Design/Vinyl Store. Give me the name of your design and I’ll buy it so you get the achievement

Username: Armstrong x360a
Description: Achievement

Right now, the games tells me the server is not available when I attempt to connect via the paint shop. Perhaps a fix is being worked on or support for the design storefront is officially discontinued?

Edit: Never mind, this was just temporary, but I get the same server error message as always when I go to my friends’ storefronts and try to download a design.

5 times I managed to find your design/vinyl but everytime it produced an error after clicking on buy. The servers are so glitchy mate. Will keep on trying.
My design is under my GT: Duvorynn, so I’ll be gratefull if you help me get the achievement

Yea, it appears the servers have not allowed anyone to actually purchase content for several months, even though all of the content is still available on the servers. It seems to have to do with difficulty processing the actual payment of credits.

I’m sure a work around or fix would not be too difficult, but it seems there’s no interest in finding a solution. PG/T10 have yet to acknowledge that there is a problem as far as I can tell…

Just in case it might help diagnose the problem, the error message I get when trying to buy something from a friend’s storefront is “Your gamer profile has been flagged by anti-cheat mechanisms. You will no longer be allowed to use this gamer profile with the auction house or other Turn10 server features.” I’ve never done anything to warrant being flagged, and I have no trouble accessing FH1 multiplayer or 1000 Club, or accessing (still online) server features in other games, whether on 360 or XB1.

Hmm, this is different than the error that I get which just basically says that the “Server cannot be reached at this time. Please try again later.” Or something along those lines.

Edit: Just to reiterate, I am able to navigate to my friends’ designs/vinyls via Storefront → My Shared Designs → Y for My Details → View Friends (or View Favorites works too) → Select Friend → Select Vinyl/Design. Then I click “Buy” and see “Buy Content: Downloading and saving. Please don’t turn off your console.” This spins for awhile and then I get: “Server Error: There was an error communicating with the server. Please ensure you have an Xbox Live connection and try again.” My internet and Xbox live connections are verified.

Hey Playground Games/T10/MS,

I know this is not directly related to the issue at hand, but just wanted to give an example of another company’s approach to their server issues. Here is any example of EA fixing a server issue for one of their Xbox 360 games in just two weeks after it was brought to their attention.

Would you guys please consider looking into the server issue with the FH1 Storefront and at least report back whether it is possible to fix, if there are any plans to fix it or if the book is officially closed on this one and we should give it a rest?

Thank you in advance for your consideration and assistance with this!

Throw my name into that mix of people who would like to see this fixed.

I have the same problem as everyone else who has posted here. Please fix this Turn 10! This is the only achievement I can’t get for the game!

Not even about achievement, I don’t really care about those that much but I would just like to download paintjobs for my cars again! Please, PG/T10! Fix the servers! There are still people playing FH1, either because of nostalgia or (like me) just because it’s still such a cool racing game that we didn’t play back in it’s day. (I didn’t have Xbox 360)

I play on xbox one x, and i cannot place vinyls on the cars as they are invisible. If i downloaded liveries and place them on the car, they are somewhat corrupted anyway.

Hello,

We’ve got some engineers looking into this. Should be tuned up soon.

-wp

3 Likes

Thanks for the update Punish, we’re looking forward to this fix.

This is fantastic news, thank you very much you are making a large community of gamers who still play this very happy!

On a side note I did fire up the game on my X1 again to see if anything had changed and I too got the message about cheating and my profile being banned from the auction house. I’ve done nothing to warrant this, I hope this will also be fixed?

Thanks

It’s working! Quick, everyone buy up! Thank you for sorting this devs, much obliged!

Yup! Working for me as well today. Thank you Playground Games/Forza!