Street Racing - Marathon

The Endurance championship for next week is the Marathon, S1 Modern Supercars.

This probably isn’t a category widely regarded as containing the best S1 cars, so I thought it might be worth starting a thread of suggested car choices and tunes, which people can you use. I’ll add some suggestions of my own but what are people thinking of using and any suggested tunes?

I had a quick look at the Mclaren 650s coupe with a Nalak tune but it really wasn’t great. I set a PB on emerald circuit that I could’ve improved on but on descansar dorado sprint it was never in the race.

1 Like

Either the Ascari with Nalak’s or GT '17 with JumpyArdvark’s tune.

Almost certain the Ascari would be quicker in Rivals if I pushed them both but with it just being a one-off race I think the GT might be better if I just feel like a nice steady drive instead.

The Spider is the stronger of the 650S options I think. K1Z Bard tune is a joy to drive. Has fantastic grip through the high speed corners. Just tried it for this and ran a 7.31 which is very strong for AWD.

Also tried the 2020 Corvette and ran 7.30. Also Bard’s tune. Felt I tried a bit harder there though (set myself up against a 7.31 ghost) but not much difference between those two options.

So far I’ve tried:

RWD

Noble M600 - 7.24 (Inayamei)
Saleen S1 - 7.28 (Rexazr)
Ascari - 7.29 (K1Z Bard)

AWD

488 GTB - 7.29 (Rexazr)
20 Corvette - 7.30 (K1Z Bard)
650S Spider - 7.31 (K1Z Bard)
GT17 - 7.41 (Skajdrovski)

1 Like

Guess anything with tire tier above Rallye will be too slow on the speed sections.
My fastest AWD on Race are the 570S at 7:34 and the 650 Spider at 7:35.
Which are already way off your Rallye builds.

RWD surely everything that can run a decent powerbuild. I have a Drift tires F8 at 7:32 but more power isn’t possible.

Cars to avoid: '17 Ford GT, NSX, Singer 911

The Gallardo Sl is a nice easy car to drive and you have to really go out of your way to crash it.

2 Likes

The J50 and 17 GTR also seem to be fairly awful. From the options I’ve tried, they are both slower than 2.30 at Copper Canyon. I can at least get the NSX, GT17 and LFA around there in 2.28.

1 Like

The '17 GT isn’t bad per se. The handling is up there, it’s simply overrated with an awful power/weight ratio.
Those 3 where the only ones over 7:40 until yet.

Haven’t run the J50, LFA & GTRs yet. They are certainly over 7:40 contender.
The J50 is understeery as RWD without aero - as a mid-engine Ferrari. Badly programmed.

1 Like

Just tried the J50 (7.43 - Vital Reaper X tune) and Tributo (7.31 - JumpyArdvarkITA tune). I think I might use the Tributo. It’s really nice to drive but a bit of a challenge at the same time and not OP.

Just tried this as well - 7.28 in Rexazr’s tune. Pretty awesome time for AWD.

2 Likes

Relatively complete list of Modern Supercar times at Marathon;

Noble M600 (Inayamei) - 7.19 (RWD)
Saleen S1 (K1Z Bard) - 7.25 (RWD)
McLaren 570S (Rexazr) - 7.27 (AWD)
Gallardo LP SL (Rexazr) - 7.28 (AWD)
Huracan (Rexazr) - 7.28 (AWD)
458 Italia (JumpyArdvarkITA) - 7.28 (AWD)
Ascari (K1Z Bard) - 7.29 (RWD)
488 GTB (Rexazr) - 7.29 (AWD)
Audi R8 16 (Rexazr) - 7.30 (AWD)
20 Corvette (K1Z Bard) - 7.30 (AWD)
650 S Spider (K1Z Bard) - 7.31 (AWD)
F8 Tributo (JumpyArdvarkITA) - 7.31 (RWD)
ATS (K1Z Bard) - 7.31 (AWD)
Ferrari 430 S (ESV Eclipse) - 7.32 (AWD)
Murcielago (OnlyNaps) - 7.33 (AWD)
Huracan Evo (Seeyeahboss) - 7.33 (AWD)
Reventon (K1Z Bard) - 7.34 (AWD)
BMW I8 (OnlyNaps) - 7.35 (AWD)
C-X75 (JumpyArdvarkITA) - 7.36 (AWD)
720S Spider (K1Z Bard) - 7.36 (AWD)
Nissan GTR 17 (Ruimarques3) - 7.37 (AWD)
911 14 (OnlyNaps) - 7.38 (AWD)
Ford GT 17 (Skajdrovski) - 7.41 (AWD)
Lexus LFA (SakuraMxSPD) - 7.41 (AWD)
Acura NSX (DzevoX) - 7.43 (AWD)
Ferrari J50 (Vital Reaper X) - 7.43 (RWD)
Singer 911 - 7.48 (RWD)

4 Likes

I managed a 7:35 in the Murcielago with OnlyNaps’ tune.

After having run most of the cars the bottom two were the NSX at 7:44 and the Singer at 7:47.
A tie at the top with both the Saleen S1 and Noble M600 around 7:21/22.
The Saleen is a deathtrap and I wouldn’t suggest it.
The Noble is simply a Noble. Incredibly easy to drive while being absurdly fast.

Added that above - it’s a better tune than the Reaper one I was using. Still a little off pace though.

There’s a remarkably large number of modern supercars in this game. I have 13 more tuned to S1. I’ll try and run all those by Wednesday evening and do a (nearly) complete list in time for season change. The Noble is the best choice in pure pace terms but not sure what will end up best AWD option.

1 Like

I assume the Drift tires Saleen is faster on this track than Bard’s Rallies.

I’d imagine so. I could probably go a bit quicker but I doubt it’s as quick. It’s a joy to drive though, so probably better for most people than the “deathtrap” :joy:.

I’ve been through most of the S1 Modern Supercars. To save time, Ive used what I’d expect to be the faster variant of some cars - like the 720S - and there’s a couple I have tuned to A which I haven’t bothered re-tuning. Conclusions are:

• the Noble is a beautiful car to drive. Rayne has a rear aero version and either that or the Inayamei tune will do a fantastic job on this course if RWD is a preference;

• slightly surprisingly, my fastest AWD time is in the race tyre 570S. Brutally fast acceleration and cornering makes up for the average top speed;

• the easiest but still fast cars to drive are probably the Huracan and 650S. Handling is exceptional for both;

• PGG gets sone stick but it’s pretty impressive that the majority of these cars are pretty evenly matched over a 7 minute race. All the cars in that 7.27 to 7.31 range will do a good job. Of those, the ATS is probably my least favourite in fh5;

• the Singer 911 is substantially worse than any other car in the group. A challenge to anyone to win a coop event using that!

3 Likes

Thank you Jezza. You probably saved me some time, as I have no idea what are good cars in S1.

Challenge accepted :slight_smile:

Great runs!
Times are comparable to my tests except for two cars:

My J50 ran 7:39 and since we are evenly fast I doubt you’ll lose 4 seconds on me. Mine is RWD on Race tires without aero. Don’t know Reaper’s build.

A RWD Drift tires 720 S Coupe should easily beat the 7:36 of the Spider. I don’t think anyone has shared it though. Suimin perhaps.

The Singer is so laughable poor it’s kinda sad. It has powerbuild power/weight ratio on Race tires with full front & rear aero. Judging by this it should be top notch. The handling of a weak A800 car just destroys it.

1 Like