Starving for a Car Pack

I’d rather have more garage space first. I am constantly finding myself in the 740+ range. I could go on a search-and-destroy mission, and free up 20 spaces. But I have more than 1200 wheelspins in reserve, and the garage would be once again filled with junk after running 40 or 50 of them. Not to mention there are numerous existing cars I don’t have. I have only download half or the cars from the existing Mitsubishi and Barret-Jackson car packs due to space concerns.

2 Likes

Delete your duplicates
You must have over 100 extras since there’s only about 630 unique cars in the game

If they make more car packs you will all complain about whats in them as usual every single time. Better they are free

3 Likes

Yeah a lot of people will bellyache no matter what, but they dont have to buy it if they dont want to. they can continue jumping thru hoops for the free drip-drip-drip of new cars if they prefer :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I too am starving for new cars. But everything about this game intentionally starves it of content for mediocre live service guff. So I wouldn’t be expecting anything to be honest.

I would say, for the rest of FH4 lifespan you can kiss goodbye to hoping for paying for a thing and getting said thing. Now it’s just, here’s a thing and there’s the hours of Bush beating you’ve got to do to get it.

For the love of God, I hope the concept of live service games dies swift and gory death.

7 Likes

I dont mind working to unlock cars (provided theyre remotely of any interest or potentially useful), but I don’t see why we cant have both the service plan or whatever its called AND optional car pack instant gratification. Either way, its my dime; dont they want it?

The packs are definitely the better way to go; players would get a nice lump of content if they chose to buy into it, but the devs also benefited because the packs were somthing to promote, theyd make those little videos, and the packs release itself became an event. But now, hyping a season requires a lot of explaining as there are lots of thing s going on each season, but to the point where promotion becomes cumbersome. And then the rewards are 75% rehashed and 25% new, so what people tend to want is tucked away here and there, and it becomes vehiclar Wheres Waldo trying to find something to work for. And even that is harder each week.

So yeah, a fat juicy car pack would really hit the spot right now.

1 Like

Actually, I would too. :v:t2:

1 Like

TBH id be a VERY happy man if we had 0 car packs, and 0 drip-drip, and 0 challenges for 7-14 days, instead i would VERY much like they focused on removing bugs, rather than adding useless stuff, and straight retarded stuff (Trac-Tor comes to mind) - [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D].
Fix, then add, not add then ignore.

1 Like

In a more perfect world, sure okay. But in this world, car packs are a bit more tangible, n’est ce pas? And I would argue dlc content such as car packs are far from useless, though I am in agreement regarding the Trac-tor piece of garbage.

…and why can’t we have both strategies right along side one another, available to players to choose however they see fit?

2 Likes

Because this isn’t a game made by the players. If it was made by players there’d be a bunch of complaining about data limits, game engine limits, licensing limits and what not.

DLC packs ALONGSIDE new free cars is asking too much.

2 Likes

Wait a second, …it’s asking too much??

Was it asking too much for the entire duration of Horizon 3? Because I seem to recall being offered DLC packs RIGHT ALONGSIDE the weekly Forzathons…you remember those, right? Weekends where all you had to do was honk twice while drifting or some other similar, ridiculously easy task to receive the (drumroll) …NEW FREE CAR!!

So how can this be? How is that “asking too much” when for the entire life of the previous game, that was exactly what happened?

1 Like

Lmao

Says who? You?? Pffft.

Still waiting for new super cars like 488 Pista, Portofino, Huracan EVO or Performante, Aventador S or SVJ, Mclaren, 540C, 600LT, 675LT, GT etc

some of these models aren’t 2019, 2018 year, so time is running, and carlist keeps growing constantly

it’s the same Huracan in 3 horizon games for god sake, FH2, FH3 and FH4, they set a new kind of record for this, i don’t get it why we can’t have the new model…

and maybe new Audis/Mercedes too!

anyway, i love old/not so old cars, still wanting then like forever, i mean, old cars always welcome, this will not gonna change

but doesn’t mean i don’t want new cars, because i do of course

and some cars like Audi Q7, ML63 AMG, Volvo XC90 should be ported from FMS7 to FH4

so, yes i agree to have a new car pack with really new cars, maybe some old ones, doesn’t matter

even a paid DLC, i don’t care, i want something really fresh and new, far away from festival playlist, only cars to buy on Autoshow anytime, without specific dates!

1 Like

This.

Would be nice to get the Bugatti Divo in there too.

I’m still hoping my IROC Z is put into a car pack. I’d gladly pay for that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I preferred it when car packs came out for real money and you had the right to buy a single car.

Adding new cars free as payment for frustrating myself in multiplayer events is not much fun, i don’t bother & i don’t have the time.

3 Likes

To be honest, I stopped looking forward to car packs quite a while back and never bothered purchasing the car pass. Because I knew that with every pack, they would release maybe 1 or 2 ‘desirable’ car that you actually want to drive and really test out on the roads and a handful of just collector’s items that are fun for taking photos or just keeping in your garage. Nearly half the cars in the game are just cars that you wouldn’t want to drive on the road, let alone own in real life.

1 Like

To each his own… I happen to enjoy tuning and love to find out how versatile a car is and determine where best i can use it for rivals. The lower the class, the greater the maximum potential. One man’s junk is another mans treasure.

2 Likes