Simplified HUD

Not everyone can focus on the road and check the rev counter at the same time, some people take more time to look at any place on the screen to see the map, their place in the race, etc… That’s why I think there should be a smaller, simplified HUD option available.
A small rev counter with speed, a small position indicator, maybe even a recommended gear shift indicator, all around the car so that the player can focus on the road and not have to look away to any corner of the screen to see the information. The closest thing that matches my description that I know of is a thing in a mobile game Real Racing 3, but it doesn’t feature an analog rev counter, if one at all iirc.
An option like this would fit perfectly into both Horizon 5 and the upcoming Motorsport.
Here is how I see it: only the rev counter, speed display, gear and shift display, position and lap display would show up, as these are the most important elements players look at. The map could be shown at some other spot, but I’m not sure where that would be, same with the online race leaderboard.

1. Rev counter on top

2. Rev counter on the side

I know what they’re used for and they work in every Forza before Motorsport 7, since that game the car sounds got so bad I turn down the volume just enough for me to acknowledge they’re there but not pay attention, but I still want a simplified HUD to get the shifts just right.

Not exactly, that one is a bit too low for me, I’d get used to it in that game but for Forza I’d rather have it right above the car or on the car. Something like the digital rev counter option we already have but smaller and slightly curved

1 Like

(Post contained material that I’ve edited into the main post)