Shoutout to the camera improvements. This gives me hope for the future

This is what I want to see out of FH5 updates. Improvements to the tired, copy and paste systems the game has been running on for a decade now.

The camera isn’t perfect, but the developers actually taking something that’s seen minor improvements at best over the past decade and actually adding modern features like time of day and Drivatar posing is fantastic. As you know I’m very pessimistic about this franchise but this is an actual improvement I’m genuinely happy went down.

Please, please, PLEASE. Update the replay editor next. That’s seen precisely ZERO changes since Horizon 2 nearly a decade ago. Have it function similarly to how EA’s Skate franchise does, especially with the option to keyframe custom camera paths and shots.

Keep this up devs, I’M BEGGING

7 Likes

It’s cool that people enjoy this but honestly I think most of us didn’t buy in on a car dress up and photoshoot game. I’d rather see fixes to the driving and racing game. Presuming of course that this was ever intended to be a driving and racing game. I’m less certain about that all the time. So yeah, kudos for some work on the camera stuff, but I don’t think it should be the primary focus (argh, I punned again, it’s getting to be a habit with this game, probably with good reason)

9 Likes

My thoughts exactly Not_Here_too, and most of our 800 club members agree with you as well. This is an open world RACING game yet the lack of repair of problems in the basic game and almost no support for players with a wheel ( ever see a race car or street car without a wheel?) leads me to believe that the main focus at FH5 is not on intelligent game play. I too enjoy the event labs and weekly challenges the game provides…but not at the expense of a quality game experience. Best regards, John

3 Likes

I think that’s a bit disingenuous. Photography is a huge part of car culture. There’s people that make a living soley off of expensive photoshoots for rich client’s car collections.

As for what you’re complaining about, I think the poor driving and racing in this game is going to stay that way. I can’t see them changing the fundamentals of the game to that degree. For the next game? Of course that’s a possibility. It’s why I’m so forward thinking with the franchise. The next game has a huge opportunity to change things, not the current game randomly through it’s life cycle.

The issues with FH5, imo are:
crappy bloated car list of product placement and outdated/redundant models
comical lack of customization options (FORZA AERO RAUGHHH)
completely barren map that doesn’t take advantage of handling physics
lack of improvements for UGC (outdated livery editor, replay mode)
no stakes campaign with writing and dialogue taken from a children’s show
DLCs that keep recycling the same concept over and over (toy crossover/offroad dlc)
soundtrack is incredibly censored, bland, small, and extremely repetitive
balancing requires drivetrain swaps, engine swaps and forza aero to remain competitive online
bland and stale campaign progression
incredibly easy economy progression
the entire concept of tank

As for the actual driving and racing, it’s fine? Don’t get me wrong FH5’s physics are pretty weak for the series but they still stomp anything else that comes out nowadays. And for racing, other than the bland format (disciplines change nothing other than things like surface or time of day) and lack of actual incentive to drive cleanly it’s passable.

2 Likes

Every issue you mention has to a large degree come from FH4. And the hopes were there that FH5 would improve on and fix it and it has failed in that. So much so that one wonders if it was ever the intention in the first place.

And you hold out hope for the future ? Based on the improvements to the photography interface ? Said improvements already shown to be incomplete, buggy, and clearly untested ? I’d be more forgiving IF they had gotten it right. Maybe.

It still boils down to lipstick on a pig, and poorly applied at that. And a growing belief that we were never going to get more than a pig while it was advertised as something else. The same advertising they’re pushing for the future of the “from the ground up” franchise. I’m getting what I can out of this mess until I get bored (very close), fed up (even closer), or find something more interesting (that won’t take much) and I certainly have no delusions or hopes for the future of the franchise. I know I won’t be there. Good luck with it to all who hope it will be something great.

3 Likes

I fear this game is headed for those who enjoy Hot Wheel and photo shop. HokiHoshi may have a valid point…FH5 will never be a valid racing game…find a club and enjoy all the tracks with like minded racers…could that be the real end game for serious drivers? I don’t believe FH5 or any future upgrades will do anything but pander youngest players. I for one will miss the inherent beauty of the original series.

5 Likes

I agree, I bought the game to drive and race, not to take pictures. Couldn’t care less about the photo mode. Just use it for the weekly challenge because I’m forced to.

3 Likes

Has hell frozen over?

You’re actually happy with the game instead of hating it for everything it does, i’m surprised.

1 Like

I would absolutely love to be able to “bookmark,” or favorite a point of time in the day in which the sky casts a specific light to be able to use in other photos… eternal sunsrises and sunsets lol

1 Like

They do all this fluff under the guise of involving players in the game on a weekly basis. Most all these racing games have some form of forced involvement to some degree. And I believe all have some form of photo systems. Along with some fluff.

I’ve been playing TC2 lately and they have this novel approach to involving players into the racing game. They do these weekly things called - - - Races! Yeah there’s a bit of fluff too and the game ain’t perfect. But there’s this thing called - - - Racing! In a racing game none the less. And over the life of the game they’ve done things to make the - - - Racing better.

Where would FH5 be today if PGG had been trying to make the Racing better over time instead of making the photo stuff and the fluffy stuff better?

That’s my shout out to the camera garbage.

3 Likes

I feel what you are saying – maybe this update would have been more appropriate at a time closer to the games launch date, not this far out.

1 Like

Once again PGG proves that effort is not the issue, but where that effort is applied that’s the issue.

Racing endgame is less than barebones? Improves the photo mode.

Same Forza aero from the dawn of man? Add more rims.

People complaining that the streams are a waste of both fans and developer’s times? Pour a bunch of effort into the forums that we’ve been ignoring for 6 years.

Mountain of bugs in your game? Add a bunch of stories noone wanted.

This is PGG. Ignoring the issues to chase butterflies.

3 Likes

Nut we can sure take pretty pictures of the butterflies! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

That was the achievement after all ! Sneaky of them to leave the mission statement easter egg in plain sight :laughing:

1 Like

Deleted

5 Likes

@Nursemorph , could not agree more with your statements. Marketing sits at the back of the bus, but Marketing drives the bus. And sadly, the bigger the company (Microsoft) the bigger the Marketing department.

1 Like