Shifter support

I was very disappointed with the lack of h-shifter support in horizon 3 on pc. I have a thrustmaster th8a, which works fine with forza 7, but not with horizon. I’d love to see native support for h-shifters in horizon 4.

Horizon 3 did not have multi-USB support as it was a port, Forza 7 was built from the ground up on both PC and consoles. Forza Horizon 4 will also have multi-usb support like Forza 7. I hated that I could not use my TH8A as well, but I am not worried when it comes to Horizon 4. They will talk more about peripheral support and such when we get closer to the release date.

We’ve got you covered in FH4.

1 Like

Any inside info on FFB? Or will it remain the same as FM7?

Horizon 4 features a totally new Force Feedback system. The force is now calculated using the alignment torque generated at the contact patch, combining both mechanical and pneumatic trail on all surfaces. As a result of this, altering the suspension setup results in force feedback changes. For example, increasing castor angle increases the mechanical trail of the contact patch resulting more steering alignment force in the force feedback.

3 Likes

This is interesting, hopefully Forza 7 will have this in an update?

Did anybody test it out on the demo? I cannot try it because I am away from my wheel until the 25th :frowning:

Awesome! sounds good can’t wait to take it for a spin, thanks Jonk :slight_smile:

Can you not get a adapter allowing you to plug your shifter in to the wheel like my TMX Pro with the TH8A Shifter and I just plug it strait in to the back of the wheel easy peasy.

I tried the demo with my T500rs + TH8A shifter on PC, everything was mapped and ready to go! the TH8A shifter was mapped automatically and worked perfectly! My shifter is USB and does not plug into the wheel hub itself, so the game has multi-USB support like they said the game would have. No Complaints :slight_smile:

Also just tried the FH4 demo but it didnt see my TH8A shifter at all, also the in game steering wheel doesnt copy the rotation of my actual wheel. Meh…

edit: I’m using a T300 RSGT

Tried both the final game (I’ve preordered the ultimate edition) and the demo, it just doesn’t recognize it. Neither the TH8A shifter nor my wheel.
I’ve wrote about it here: https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postsm963742_Thrustmaster-TX---Servo-Base-TX-Not-Working-Recognized.aspx#post_963742