Series 12 Polls (Horizon Road Trip)

If you think this is whining then you’ve seen nothing.

4 Likes

Clutch didn’t say how big the sample size is or what he’s comparing it to.

1 Like

Some more recent regulars probably won’t know Clutch was this forum’s So before So was even here.

2 Likes

Just one off-hand note on car types being listed alphabetically: while this is infinitely better than how it was before, I would prefer car types be grouped together.

This is easily solved though, as you can just change the order of words.

For example:

Muscle, Classic
Muscle, Modern
Muscle, Retro

There would be a few odd changes, like Hypercars would have to be listed as Supercars, Hyper, but overall I think it’d be very intuitive.

3 Likes

No, thanks.

First time seeing polls like this, glad @T10ManteoMax is doing them.

That being said, I agree with this, an “I was not interested in any of these” option in most polls would certainly help.

To give some context on my own habits, I don’t collect cars, therefore almost all cars added to the game are of little interest to me.

I settled on my stable of 20 cars since December and don’t see myself changing them much for the next few years. If I’m lucky a car from an expansion will break into that list (the Brabham and BTTB from Hot Wheels did) but for the most part I have my 3 competitive cars per class and a bunch of Barn Finds I can’t sell or find a viable use for.

This is atypical of most Forza players but is how I enjoy the game, forming deeper playing relationships with a small selection of cars. Naturally, this also means that the majority of this game’s service content doesn’t appeal to me.

Each month I have little to no interest in the content (though I do keep somewhat aware of it) but do have interest in what gameplay features, fixes and changes are coming up, as there are a few things that occasionally get in the way of my enjoyment or could improve upon it further.

Max you’re probably after more quantitative feedback than qualitative, but I felt this was a good opportunity to post regardless to hopefully it’s useful :+1:t2:

2 Likes

If the poll is about testing what short term direction to go in then "none of the above " isn’t very helpful.

In the short term, you can’t make huge directional changes on short notice and therefore are stuck with the few possible directions you have and people piling into the “none of the above” option means you are blind in that respect.

“None of the above” is helpful for the long term. But if everybody has piled onto the “none of the above” option then your game is pretty much a write off. You’ve got a game that’s gone wholly in the wrong direction.

What is your favourite color to paint your car?

• Gold
  • Dark gold
  • Light gold

0 voters

Do we really need to discuss this any more?

6 Likes

The option for “Remove Forced Difficulty” was not listed here.
Content that we had to pay extra for is locked behind forced difficulty races. Not to mention that to complete the Festering Playlist chores also requires multiplayer, which I am not fond of, nor is my internet really any good for.
Difficulty is supposed to be an option.

If the developers want forced difficulty, I would prefer they stopped ruining the Forza franchise and go and make Dark Souls clone # 487,346,972.

The amount of people using this forum is nothing compared to the overall player numbers. The poll is reaching only people interested enough to come here, so it’s biased by default.

No rose gold?

2 Likes

Sure. But they are reaching out to a number of different constituents via twitter…et al.

Yeah if it

1. was expensive and overly time consuming to use any other colour

2. using no colour isn’t an option -

then your gold poll would be a reasonable poll.

I should say that I voted for new gameplay content, but that’s only true if the new gameplay content is fleshing out racing.

The last thing this game needs is another mode like playground games or the eliminator. A car meet mode would be nice, but is totally useless without a more fleshed out and customizable racing endgame.

2 Likes

Which is precisely why it’s not included as an option. They know what they’re doing. Problem is…

20220920_154720

Things need to change, sincerely and honestly. Were it me in a position of power and authority, there would be two things done straight off the bat:

1. Post-launch development gets paused for a minimum of one title update. All resources get diverted into fixing ongoing issues ranging from considerable to severe in a prioritized order. Development resumes once those issues are addressed and solved, and not one minute before.

2. Communication goes way up. No more monthly pre-scripted livestreams - every week, multiple times a week, some kind of status update would be going up on Forza’s website. Bug fixes incoming and in progress, upcoming content, features in the works, dev diaries, community spotlights, progress reports - you name it, it’s showing up. No more playing coy, no more hiding.

And now that I think of it, one more priority: every department would catch at least one come-to-Jesus meeting. Some may get more (Licensing and PR, for instance). It’s time for some explanations.

3 Likes

And without bugs. Actually the weekly challenges “fix” seems to break them. I had to relaunch the game 2 times for it to detect I’m driving the KTM. And new cars have thumbnail/sound bugs on msft store version. And a lot of more annoying bugs are still there.

I hate to sound like a gatekeeper, but honestly, what good would that do? This forum, and occasionally the two subreddits, are one of the few places where Horizon isn’t bathed in an unearning tongue bath by players who have never touched a racing game other than Mario Kart. Horizon has issues that most players are, more or less, immune to, and not because the game is flawless, but because the casual (and younger) audience, admittedly due to no fault of their own, is ignorant of the genre’s history and the complexity of other older titles.

Two issues that instantly come up:

1. Stopping post-launch development entirely isn’t a good choice. Not everyone on the team can help with bug fixing. A part always needs to continue with new projects (live service, DLC, new titles).

2. Giving insight into work in progress may sound like an easy, transparent decision at first. But with work in progress being work in progress cuts will happen. And with players being players the understanding for this will be low.

Just look at the brake caliper painting thing during H4. Only teased as a “we’re investigating” players were ranting for months when it was cancelled.
Or look at the insanely stupid comments on the leaked GTA VI material. It hurts my brain.

Thus, most companies follow a “show when it’s ready” mentality and honestly it’s the best one. Being a company co-lead myself it prevents a lot of headache, even in our sector without “emotional” fans.

2 Likes

I like the fact the Car Type filter is now in alphabetical order. However is there a chance in the “Filter” screen, can we press up to go to the very bottom of the list where Drive Types are, rather having to scroll all the way down? Similar to the way in the car select screen, you can press left and go to the Zenvos, Xpengs immediately.

1 Like

I can understand that. But we’re still at a point where the usual “show when it’s ready” mentality is, at best, coming up short - particularly when what’s deemed ready ends up not actually ready. Call me or anyone else who feels similar emotional if you like, but the sad state of affairs in the industry from our viewpoint is that delivering on popular requests and addressing concerns has been forced into the backseat in favor of sending the product out in a functional (not necessarily good) state and then hoping that other factors like Game Pass and completely clueless people offset the eventual chorus of discontent long enough to get to the next TU. Honestly, if you ask me, that’s not a particularly sustainable plan.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong.
I would absolutely love to get more insight into the thought processes behind certain decisions. For example why does PG not add new tracks to the game?
Most racing games do that - especially those that don’t have to rely on real ones. It’s something that adds to the core of the game and nourishes several activities like the Playlist or online racing.
There has to be a reason for it. And I would appreciate to hear it.

But I can fully understand why PG follows a different philosophy. And we players play a big part in it.

Live service concepts gave us the “ship now, fix later” approach and I see it as critical as you. Shipping a polished product should be the priority. Sadly it’s not and again we players who buy the games in their flawed state signal the companies we’re fine with it.

Nonetheless a company can’t allocate all resources into bug fixing. Writers, concept artists and what not simply can’t help with it. Thus, post-launch development has to happen. Otherwise the company is sitting on paid workforce that isn’t productive.

1 Like