Seasonal Playground Games - Must Win Now

Seriously, the Seasonal Playground Games is no longer a participation event. You now have to win it to complete it. How are you supposed to do this when the number of players on each team aren’t even from the get or if players are dropped during the session?

Please fix this and while you’re at it, make it the best of 3 games like FH5.

1 Like

I noticed that, too. Maybe it’s recycling an old one from before they changed it, or if it is changed back again now, that’s annoying.

1 Like

Yeah, this series reverted back. People are getting back to quitting if they are not on the winning team. It took many attempts to win this season. The last two weren’t as bad. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m impatial to this change but yes as others have mentioned this does mean the best strategy is to quit after the first round or as soon as you know your team won’t win overall.

What I think they should do is randomize players on each team each round and start each round with a full team on each side. You as the player win if you win 2 out of the 3 rounds.

1 Like

I did not even notice this until I checked the forums just now because I won all three games this series but can’t imagine how frustrating this must be for long time players.

Pretty telling about just how bad the code has to be that reverting to a Playground Games event from an older playlist changed it to a win condition :man_facepalming:

We aren’t getting older playlists, just events from older playlists (this isn’t series 7 repeated), so that means someone added an if check for the Playground Games reward.

If (currentPlaygroundGamesEventInSeries >= 20 or whatever)
then give Playground Games reward
else
need to win

Remarkable tbh

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

This is all the worse because of how abysmal this week’s combination is. Sure, let’s have 50-year-old classic muscle cars, all of which are RWD and have poor handling and little grip in the best of circumstances, hooning around a FROZEN LAKEBED with absolutely zero traction! It blew my mind that I had to buy upgrades not just to be effective, but to actually drive anywhere in the first place, because I was just spinning my wheels on my first attempt. Oh, and if you try throwing snow tires on any of the C-class cars eligible for the event, they wind up getting sent well into B-class and can no longer be used. I wound up going to a D-class Trans-Am and giving it snow tires and AWD, which pushed it to a high C. Even then our team lost the first round, and I was having visions of being stuck for hours, but we clutched the second and then dominated the next two.

1 Like

I still make weekly tunes for FH4 if you ever need any help:

2 Likes

Looks like we’re thankfully back to it being a participation reward. Knowing that before playing this would have saved me a great deal of profanity.

2 Likes

Yep, thankfully, back to the easier way.
Good to see backstage passes return too.

1 Like

I’ve still pretty much given up on FH4 but after seeing that from PD_Top_Gun I thought I’d give it a run. Unfortunately (lol) my team won so I can’t say it is back to participation. Hope so. After the first round win 1 on the other team bailed. By the end of round 2 it was down to 6 vs 2. I got the impression nobody was working hard for points and just in it for the completion.

As for Backstage Passes returning MR_T5654, do you mean the “prize” for the series 50% ? I guess some will be able to use them but it doesn’t help me. I’ve got all the cars in the current offerings and unless they restore the voting and new additions to the line bit all my BP points are worthless. But gee thanks devs for finally making the points visible so I know just how much valueless currency I have :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This season the description says finish 2nd so we should be able to tell before matchmaking. Last series I remember seeing it say finish 1st.

1 Like

I don’t find this week has this issue. You mean next season ?