Restart race option actually restarts race

As per title.

In FM7 ( and horizon for that matter) restart race brings you back to the main race menu.

I would like restart to mean restart.

Have another option to go back to race menu.

It’s done so you can make a last minute change to you car’s tune or change the difficulty. It doesn’t take much time to press start race, usually it’s already pre-selected

5 Likes

Then have an option to tune/change difficulty which will restart race.

No reason to assume the one is restarting the race to tune the car or change difficulty.

1 Like

Actually, my bad, fm7 says restart event.

Can we get a restart race option please? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So with the release of fm8 it’s actually worse.

Now the option says restart race (yay) but brings you back to the start of the race event instead of ya know, actually restarting the race.

One has the grid walk, the driver list, the beat the grid before being able to start the race again.

Cmon like. It’s a daft player experience. This surely could be improved on.

1 Like

There should be two options: Restart (what we have now) and Quick Restart (jump to the beginning of the race, with no menu).

DiRT 3 is the first game with similar system that comes to my mind.

4 Likes

Yes. This, please. Very frustrating.

1 Like

Yeah a quick restart option that restarts the race with exactly the same settings (including grid starting position) would be great. I have gone through the same sequence of cutscenes and menus so many times after getting dive-bombed by AI in turn one…

2 Likes

Yes. This. So many times. It’s honestly more frustrating having to go through all the dang menus and cuts-cenes than getting bumper-car slammed any more.

1 Like