Polls: Upgrade Heroes (Series 22) recap

Maybe I’m just an outlier, but I did not enjoy that story at all. I’m not familiar with donut to begin with, but from what I’ve heard in both of those stories, I have absolutely no desire to seek them out. I don’t care for the “influencer” vibe in general.

Also I was confused why the female character’s voice was changed from this update (and also into the current series). I’m assuming the original actress was unavailable for further sessions, but some transparency would have been welcome. It was jarring the first time I heard it.

And I’m still sad to see all mention of horizon arcade in the polls being removed. I still want more attention given to it.

5 Likes

My god, when are they going to stop adding those irrelevant and boring “stories” to the game? I could not care less about some influencer cross-promotion, spend your resources otherwise please.

The replay value of those stories is exactly ZERO. They are absolutely boring, the dialogue is so unbearable, “pop-pop pop-pop headlights” or whatever is the only thing I remember and the reason why I actually turned the voice volume to 0.

Thank god you complete those terrible story chapters first try on 3 stars every time so I don’t have to go through the whole thing multiple times.

The stories in Horizon 4 were so much better and much more memorable, I still remember that isha’s taxi limo chapter or the stuntman thing with the chiron and the supercar rental story. And all of those were actually worth it to complete as you would get passive income as a reward, here it’s just those stupid accolades and points in the festival playlist.

Do better, PGG.

9 Likes

The test track feature is a nice addition but needs additional updates/features such as;

• being able to hear the engine rev in the upgrade menu.
  • the ability to switch cars within the test track and/or purchase multiple sets of upgrades.
  • quick access to rivals without leaving the test track.

All the cars are useful in some way. Nice to have 13 in one update….although garage space is getting tougher to manage every month that goes by without expanding the limit.

6 Likes

so true, stop using new car spots to re-release old cars, if you are going to return cars from previous titles just send them to autoshow directly and give us new cars in the playlist.
stop treating the players like fools.

6 Likes

also want the ability to switch cars inside the test track, without having to deal with countless menus and travel time just because i want to upgrade another car.

8 Likes

@T10ManteoMax no question here about Ken Hummer. barbie Corvette suffered from no AWD swap but my Ken tune got 5k downloads, unique gift cars boost engagement especially if they’re competitive

1 Like

My thoughts on the Upgrade Heroes Series…

• the new Horizon Story with Donut Media Hi-Low was quite a bit of fun to play. I don’t really watch Donut Media, so my interest with me using these new cars is practically low until I find some sort of use for them. One drawback is that the Fairladys you upgrade with in the final chapters of their respective stories CAN’T be gifted or removed. So you somehow have 2 Fairladys in your garage that you can’t get rid of. I collected I think almost every car in the game and the Garage limit is 1,000. If we keep getting more cars in similar amounts to what we got in this series, we will eventually want to see the limit expanded yet again.

• the Test Track is not bad but also not great. It does the job. Also, please add those different coloured Chevron Signs into EventLab please! They’ll make any EventLab creations pop! :pleading_face::pray:

• the Barbie cars are… somewhat fun though the upgrades we got for the pink Chevrolet Corvette is a tad bit limited. I get it that it is an EV. It is somewhat fun to drive around with and your Avatar looks big in it. No opinions with Ken’s GMC Hummer EV, it is just that car with a different paint job and a different steering wheel.

• the Racing Car Pack cars looks pretty good. I really love the Pagani Huayra R. From what I heard about that Sporttruck, the upgrades is just as limited as the Barbie Corvette. I didn’t play around much with the other cars but hopefully I will get some use out of this Car Pack. The price is not too bad for this one. Hopefully the returning Italian Brands in Series 24 are in the Autoshow because I don’t really want it to be in a Car Pack like the Mitsubishi Car Pack from Forza Horizon 4. Although it was a Free Car Pack, you can simply make it easier by putting it in the Autoshow for all players.

• the Festival Playlist wasn’t amazing for Upgrade Heroes. The events weren’t much of an interest which I had to complete them due to one of the new exclusives being the dreaded 160PTS Series Unlock. It is good that the two sides of the Donut Media Hi-Low stories do count as separate Stories each worth 12PTS for the Series. I think I did a lot of Challenges, PR Stunts and EventLabs to get all of the cars from the Festival Playlist for this Series. The Donut Media Car Horns are hilarious annoying. I annoyed a couple of my friends as well as some other players with these horns for some seriously unserious races. :joy:

2 Likes

More than half have no preference, now why is that?
How about you put some cars in the Forzathon shop that we might have missed and can’t be found at the AS or AH? I’m guessing many of us here have lots of credits and Forzathon bucks with nothing to spend it on. Crazy how all the credits and Kudos in the entire Forzasphere can’t buy anything useful.

Rather than merging my post in some suggestion Bermuda Triangle location, I’d rather it deleted, respectfully, just fyi.

10 Likes

You should be able to remove those duplicate upgraded Fairladys from your garage. I was able to at least.

2 Likes

Why still missing wheelspacers for so much cars???
And why we are not able to slam the cars to the ground???

3 Likes

Just a tip for future stories:

• SKIPPABLE CUTSCENES
  • please no more collaborations with YT channels or ‘influencers’. Most people find them cringy
11 Likes

The most important feature of that series was absence of “anything goes - S2”.

7 Likes

They say it can take up to a year from licensing a car before it’s ready to be put in the game so if we only got new cars than there wouldn’t be many cars added in the playlist and people would be complaining about that.

Besides, not everyone has played previous FH games and even if they did, they might not have got every car.
A returning car to you may be new to someone else.

1 Like

The test track isn’t a track. It’s a collection of signs pointing different directions. There’s no real “track” there’s no real start or finish. There’s no real timing or laps counter. There’s nothing to “test” against whether or not any changes made a difference.

Whoever came up with this “test track” idea has never seen a real test track or watched cars being tested under “test track” conditions.

What the test track really is, is proof positive the developers are not car people have no concept of cars, car culture, or racing.

16 Likes

It’s nice to see some new content in the game, but it feels super cringe. I don’t know who Donut Media are and im not interested even to find it out. You placed Test Track into the existing part of track/road. Here you can build permament oval track somewhere on the map near Horizon Festival. There is so much unused space on map and Horizon 5 needs some official looking track with pits and everything.

8 Likes

Yes, that’s true…but I will admit the interactive tune menu has been used in abundance by me. Average 4-5 tweaks per car tested.

1 Like

I’ve never used it to tweak a tune, mainly because there’s no real track or timing to run your tests

3 Likes

Yeah, I know what you’re saying. For me it’s handling tweaks….or oversteer balance for drift builds. You can still get a feel for how each car handles corners, jumps, bumps, surface changes, etc….I can always use rivals to test overall performance/META comparison.

Why no new achievements?

I thought some would be due soon as well, haven’t had any update ones since November and the one before that was around now in July.

1 Like