Polls: FM Update 6 content feedback

I am a long time forza player
This release cannot compete with the previous titles
Game is boring nothing to do but redo championships
No new to forza jdm honda integra dc5
The dc2 Japanese version and db8
Every honda from every past forza game needs to be added plus more cmon guys do it for the og forza heads

Your penalty system still needs work. I had a car outside turning into me and i had gotten a penalty that is wrong. I have the game clip to show if needed.

1 Like

Go there and VOTE VOTE VOTE! It’s supposed to be where we get heard. Yup! Go there and be heard. Let’s make this game great together.

Wgigtd!

2 Likes

I was pumped for Motorsport then it came out like halo with a small selection of track / maps , got bored quickly and now I honestly don’t care. I love Forza, I own every game but Forza Motorsport 4 was the best and it’s been downhill since then. Next time release the whole game please. Stop treating the player base with such disrespect. You guys ask us to respect you with your hard work and effort you put in the game. Well it works both ways. I definitely have not got $150 AUD value in my investment into your work.

1 Like

Biggest problem with update 6 is we didn’t get Sebring, Bathurst, COTA, or any track at all then we get a crappy narrow no passing track of brands hatch… Hell even Charlotte Motor Speedway has two ovals and multiple road course layouts and you still haven’t added a worthy track since nurb

1 Like

Would like to get control of the car when coming out of the pits a little sooner and not be given control of the car into a braking zone.

I personally think having control of the car right as the pit wall ends is good enough. This is especially true for Daytona as I’ve experienced being given control of my car into the braking zone of turn 3 on cold tires. :triumph:

On a different subject , regarding the career races. Can we occasionally have some longer races that involve endurance races? Like a 1-2 hour event or have some longer races that at least require a pit stop to make the races seem like something more than just extremely short sprint races.

1 Like

I’m still not really playing this game yet, thought it might have been fixed by now, after such a long time. I mainly play single player for now so won’t be back until the AI is more like what was boasted about in the pre release hype. Single player content looks pretty pathetic compared to what I’d expect from what should be an industry leading game too.

Still waiting on the graphics matching what was shown in the trailers too, something next gen, like other engines can achieve on Xbox but for whatever reason in house titles can’t.

I really despise the FOMO content especially since I don’t want to play a broken game, there’s flying car games like Horizon for that nonsense, it was suggested this would be different, please make it so when it works.

Paying for the premium packs seems to have been a waste of time and my money, I was just expecting better from a game with the word motorsport in the title which stated it would focus on modern cars. I completely regret that and wish I’d spent it on ACC’s DLC instead.

ACC to me, even when playing it on controller with really good controller settings from their dreadful default options is so much better an experience, even if just wanting to race around feeling more ‘simcade’ with these custom game pad settings. Forza hype boasting that it was up there with the best sims has transpired to be a really horrible claim, please try and improve the feel to be more like better games.

I’m not sure how you can redeem yourselves, Chris Esaki and further up the chain Phil Spencer should be greatly demoted. There should’ve been way more new tracks out by now, doubling what was originally planned might help. A track editor would be a start. More cars too, don’t try and sell us them like Horizon, you don’t have the playerbase for profit there. You owe it to everyone you ripped off, accept the loss and chalk it up as the first steps up the ladder to a respectable, lengthy title.

Using current tracks with new disciplines might help, rallycross for me, drifting could entertain others, maybe even the drag racing from the trailers. Go karts could be fun if you add some smaller circuits, or again just leave track design to us.

Why not add some car sculpting, let us create our own vehicles and parts for existing cars?

Sadly I just don’t see Microsoft and all it’s resources bringing something so simple to this title. It’s looking like Assetto Corsa Evo, GTRevival, hopefully Le Mans Ultimate will come to console, maybe iRacing will bring something other than the couple currently available/planned to console, the WEC title from Kyloton, and their Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown might make buying an Xbox worthwhile. Maybe EA will deliver rallycross who knows, perhaps we’ll get another V-rally.

2 Likes

Racing sims for the most part dont really have careers so there would be no need to have any progression outside of racing, trackmania and beamng arent really comparable. Most wanted 2012 didnt you have to wreck opponents cars to aquire them?

As far as the term “grind”, as i said it is what you make of it. Grind can be used in both a positive and negative way, but every game has a grind or gameplay loop or whatever youd want to call it. Fm8s grind is definitely worse than past forzas, but to say they dont have a grind imo is inaccurate.

You enjoyed the gameplay loop in those games and racked up cars and credits in the process. This game you dont enjoy the loop, youre still gaining credits and cars the exact same way, by racing. The similarities are closer than the differences.

Payouts for races in this game were based off the fact that you didnt need to pay for upgrades and now you can, but are not required to do so. I still think payouts are pretty comparable, theres just no wheelspins etc to tip the scales overboard into having more than you can even use.

Fact is, if you buy a car, put some parts on it and race with it youll gain car points that can be used to continue modifying the car. Is it different than past games, sure but imo its fine. Most cars dont require being fully updated, there only competitive in certain classes.

I myself enjoy racing more than car collecting or upgrading, so my progression is getting better, faster and cleaner. But for many people, they enjoy other things. They like to be rewarded with credits or cars and they like to have things to work towards. If everything was free, those people wouldn’t like this game as it gives them no goals to strive for.

One of my favorite careers in a racing game was pcars 2. You could drive whatever, there were no upgrades so there was no need for credits, it was all about the racing. But games like forza and gt arent about the racing, theyre about the cars. Theyre car collecting simulators that feature racing among other things.

I dont like saying this particular answer, but sometimes its fitting. Maybe you should play something else. Theyre not going to get rid of credits, the Frankenstein upgrade system is here to stay.

I still think the pick your starting place needs to be scrapped and qualifying added. We need endurance races to make use of the fuel/tyre usage/wear.
I still think a ‘realistic’ option for tcs, abs should be available including the in car settings such as ‘wet’, ‘sport’, 'race, etc even down to the gearbox being an option - if the real car has it, so should the game car, and vice versa, example the Ferrari 812 superfast doesn’t come with a manual gearbox and needs the TCS (driving it in the dry on ‘wet’ setting and the rear end lights up, yes I’ve driven one), or the old e-type doesn’t have flappy paddles unless you upgrade it, doesn’t have abs unless you upgrade it etc.
Oh and I still hate with a passion… That ridiculous looking rear wing for hatchbacks.

1 Like

Please stop removing content for the sake of FOMO. This stuff only works if your game is gigantic and will effectively make your game worse.
It also drives away players who are not available every week, who will then just give up the whole thing as a lost cause, and new players won’t come either because they feel like they already lost their chance.

1 Like

I’m surprised so many people are happy with the length of races in tours. I’m guessing they prefer MP and just want to quickly unlock the prize cars. Still, I hope we get an option in the future to increase race length like in FM7

3 Likes

For time limited things I think it’s better that the races aren’t too long.

The adjustable race length in FM7 was nice and it would have been great if FM8 included and improved on that feature.

1 Like

Can we have Bathurst, it’s a great track and would fit the GT Series. Don’t get why it wasn’t one of the first tracks added, I mean you guys even advertised on track for the Bathurst 1000 last year at release. To advertise in a country for their biggest racing event of the whole year and not add their track for more than half a year is heartbreaking

1 Like

Well next we will see Lego and other crap, what has been added so far is not worth my time. When you wake up maybe we get ai-bots for private multiplayer, until then we are collecting players to uninstall the game. Turn10 and Microcrap game studios have one thing their way or the highway, so we take the highway and changes to other games. Good luck.

Hi, last updates are welcome: the game really improved from day one!

However, the path is still long:

• single career should become bigger week after week but events sadly disappear
  • a proximity radar would be better than arrows
  • we still need more and more tracks
  • race lenght should be adjustable in career mode
  • I didn’t find qualifications in single player free mode

I hope you guys still have faith to continue improving this game!

BR :smiling_face:

4 Likes

IronGears369 on Xbox and irongears on TikTok. I made a Forza Motorsport video in about 13 days or less it’ll be the 19th year of Forza Motorsport released and next year will be 20 years If you really cool to have the Acura NSX anniversary edition and I was talking about My Motorsports races, after race ends nearly 10 minutes of a wait time until a podium cutscene. And after free play mode I would have to restart the game and won’t get credits for finishing a race.

What is the DEAL with the car noises. The Murcie SV and the Cinque are quite literally my two favourite cars of all time, and I was extremely letdown when one sounded like a slower shifting aventador, and the other sounded like a legit vacuum cleaner. Both of those cars are two of the best sounding cars ever, and you did them so dirty. That is a massive part of why people love cars. The sound, the drama, the experience. PLEASE do a sound update forza. And give the cars the credit they deserve, not just another copy paste.

Man all half of us have been wanting is for yall to add AIs to multiplayer. Specifically Private Multiplayer at least so me and my friends can race more than just eachother while not dealing with other people. Why you even took this feature out at all boggles my mind.

1 Like

I’m going to say what I said last time, the engine audio quality is lacking. It’s not just innacurate on many cars it’s also of poor quality.

I think I can say with confidence that many within the forza community where excited to be getting the Pagani Zonda cinque, but when we heard the sound it made it was a huge disappointment. Of course it isn’t just this car but as it was a reward car you can imagine how people felt when they finally unlocked it only for it to sound wrong.

Overall the update was alright but until the game is refined and it’s quality improves then adding content isn’t going to make much of an impact.

The games got potential but it needs a lot of work.

1 Like
  • Not having a track was a big let down.
  • The only car I was interested in was the Lexus GT3, but understand this is a personal preference.
  • Daytona Pit Lane exit change is a great fix.
  • Upgrade system works good now. Good balance of grinding vs paying. Especially for the cars you may not enjoy driving.
  • Stop removing content. FOMO is the worst. It feels a chore to jump on because we have to, to earn a car. That being said, this is better than the FH5 system as at least here you get the full update length and not just a week.
  • Add a radar.
  • Option to add AI in private multiplayer lobbies. Me and a few friends would play this way more often if we could have our own races with added AI.
  • Option to change length of Tour races. Some cars I’d happily drive 20 laps of, some I wouldn’t want do more than 3. Give us the option.
  • Bathurst/Donington/Sebring please :slight_smile:
6 Likes