Polls: FM Update 4 content recap

Feedback Request for Update 4 content in Forza Motorsport

The Forza team is interested in your feedback related to the new track, new cars, and Featured events in Update 4. Note: Update 4’s weekly content concluded on February 14th while the Builders Cup Featured Tour continues through February 29th, 2024.

Please vote in the polls below and reply to the topic with details about which content mattered to you most. We’ll use this feedback to help guide our evolving content in the future. We’ll repeat this series of polls near the conclusion of Update 5 and each following update.

Please also continue to use the Suggestions Hub forum section to submit and vote on ideas related to Forza Motorsport content. This feedback topic is focused on monthly content; see our January Message to the Motorsport Community for discussion related to bug fixes.

UPDATE 4 CONTENT POLLS

1) How much did you like the content featured in Update 4?

• 1 - Strongly Disliked
  • 2 - Somewhat Disliked
  • 3 - Neither Disliked nor Liked
  • 4 - Somewhat Liked
  • 5 - Strongly Liked
  • No Opinion or I haven’t experienced this content
0 voters

2) How did you feel about the quantity of content in Update 4?

• Too Little
  • Just Right
  • Too Much
  • No Opinion or I haven’t experienced this content
0 voters

TRACK CONTENT

3) How much do you like the addition of Daytona to the game?

• 1 - Strongly Dislike
  • 2 - Somewhat Dislike
  • 3 - Neither Dislike nor Like
  • 4 - Somewhat Like
  • 5 - Strongly Like
  • No Opinion or I haven’t used this track
0 voters

4) Where do you rank Daytona among the tracks in the game as of Update 4?

• Top Favorite
  • Top 3
  • Top 5
  • Top half
  • Bottom half
0 voters

5) Which game mode do you prefer for driving at Daytona?

• Builders Cup themed Tours
  • Bulders Cup Open Class Tours
  • Featured Multiplayer Spec Series
  • Featured Multiplayer Open Class Series
  • Featured Multiplayer Spotlight Series
  • Free Play
  • Rivals
  • Private Multiplayer
0 voters

6) Which car performance class do you prefer to drive at Daytona?

• E
  • D
  • C
  • B
  • A
  • S
  • R
  • P
  • X
0 voters

7) Which car type do you prefer to drive at Daytona?

• Racing spec cars
  • Production spec cars
0 voters

CAR CONTENT

8) Which of the new cars do you anticipate using most in the future?

• 2017 Abarth 124 Spider (Spotlight)
  • 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (Spotlight)
  • 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale (Reward)
  • 2022 Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro (Car Pass)
  • 2018 Cadillac #57 TA CTS-V (Car Pass)
  • 2019 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione 488 GTE (Car Pass)
  • 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia (Spotlight)
  • 2010 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SV (Reward)
  • 1992 Lancia Delta HF Integrale EVO (Spotlight)
  • 2019 McLaren Senna GTR (Car Pass)
  • No Opinion or none
0 voters

9) How do you feel about the Spotlight and Reward cars added in Update 4?

• 1 - Strongly Dislike
  • 2 - Somewhat Dislike
  • 4 - Somewhat Like
  • 5 - Strongly Like
  • No Opinion or I haven’t used this feature
0 voters

10) How do you feel about the Car Pass cars added in Update 4?

• 1 - Strongly Dislike
  • 2 - Somewhat Dislike
  • 4 - Somewhat Like
  • 5 - Strongly Like
0 voters

EVENTS - CAREER

11) How did you feel about the Builders Cup Featured Tour - Italian Challengers content theme?

• 1 - Strongly Disliked
  • 2 - Somewhat Disliked
  • 4 - Somewhat Liked
  • 5 - Strongly Liked
0 voters

12) Which of the Featured Tour series car and track combinations did you like most?

• All-Wheel Driven Series
  • Roadster Renaissance Series
  • Alfa Performance Series Series
  • Prancing Power Series
0 voters

13) How did you feel about the race length for the events in the Featured Tour?

• Too Short
  • Just Right
  • Too Long
  • No Opinion or I didn’t experience these events
0 voters

14) How did you feel about the value of earning the Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SV for completing the Featured Tour?

• Too Low
  • Just Right
  • Too High
0 voters

15) How did you feel about Open Class Tour content?

• 1 - Strongly Disliked
  • 2 - Somewhat Disliked
  • 4 - Somewhat Liked
  • 5 - Strongly Liked
0 voters

16) Which of the Open Class Tour series car and track combinations did you like most?

• C Class
  • B Class
  • A Class
  • S Class
0 voters

17) How did you feel about the length of races in the Open Class Tour?

• Too Short
  • Just Right
  • Too Long
0 voters

18) How did you feel about the value of earning the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale for completing the Open Class Tour?

• Too Low
  • Just Right
  • Too High
0 voters

EVENTS – RIVALS

19) Which of the Rivals events car and track combinations did you like most?

• Dodge Charger Daytona at Daytona Speedway
  • Lancia Delta HF Integrale EVO at Suzuka East
  • Abarth 124 Spider at Lime Rock Full Alt
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio at Mid Ohio Short
  • Ferrari 430 Scuderia at Mugello Full
  • Logitech McLaren G Challenge - McLaren P1 GTR at Grand Oak National
  • VIP - Subaru WRX STI S209 FE at Road America East
0 voters

EVENTS – FEATURED MULTIPLAYER

20) How did you feel about your overall experience in Featured Multiplayer racing in Update 4?

• 1 - Strongly Disliked
  • 2 - Somewhat Disliked
  • 4 - Somewhat Liked
  • 5 - Strongly Liked
0 voters

21) Which of the Spec Series car and track combinations did you like most?

• Formula Mazda Series
  • Forza P1 Series
  • Daytona Sports Car Series
  • VW Golf GTI Spec Series
  • Modern Factory Racecar Series
0 voters

22) How much did you like the Spec Series content themes?

• 1 - Strongly Disliked
  • 2 - Somewhat Disliked
  • 4 - Somewhat Liked
  • 5 - Strongly Liked
0 voters

23) How did you feel about the race length for the events in the Spec Series?

• Too Short
  • Just Right
  • Too Long
0 voters

24) Which of the Open Series car and track combinations did you like most?

• E Class
  • C Class
  • B Class
  • A Class
  • S Class
  • R Class
  • P Class
  • X Class
  • Lancia Delta HF Integrale Spotlight
  • Abarth 124 Spider Spotlight
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Spotlight
  • Ferrari 430 Scuderia Spotlight
0 voters

25) How did you feel about the race length for the events in the Open Series?

• Too Short
  • Just Right
  • Too Long
0 voters

3 Likes

It would be nice if more people took the time to answer this. I hope you get valuable information about all of this.

Cheers.

7 Likes

It would be nice if we heard some feedback and saw some tangible results from all these polls.

Seems like one-way traffic to me.

12 Likes

Daytona, kinda boring track. One massive circle, and then half a circle with half a circuit. Beyond that, I have no frame of reference to judge it beyond that it looks like a race track to me.

I tried the four spotlight cars in their series, nothing to report really. Cars go vroom. It’s not like I could give them a proper shakedown, not having access to upgrades and everything. Didn’t try any of the other cars either, also because of the lack of upgrade. And for context, I have the car pass, I have these cars in my garage that I’m not playing with because of the upgrade system.

For similar reasons, uninterested in rival events. I don’t want to race stock cars, and I don’t want to spend hours “earning” the right to be competitive either.

For the featured tour, the sentence will be the same as last time. It’s as good an excuse as any to drive random cars, and it’s a travesty that it’s time limited in a career that’s sorely lacking content. It makes the featured tour and the open tour a mindnumbing experience, because I’m here to tick the boxes and get the thing before it disappears into the either. Amazing game design.

Didn’t notice any change, negative or positive, as far as fixes go.

3 Likes

Online races are too short. Forza GT hopper in particular shouldn’t have a short option at all.

4 Likes

Filled it in. As usual I don’t play Single Player (now that I have all the Achievements).

Featured Multiplayer had some good combos in Update 4, I liked the idea of the Daytona special in particular.

As the polls seem to indicate, Featured Multiplayer races are often too short. I was hoping that for special events like Daytona we would see some longer ones, or multi-class, but then again with the game frequently crashing for some people, longer races might be more frustrating for people who race in groups.

4 Likes

I personally dont like these polls as they dont really ask the right questions and the answer options are too controlled. I think if they asked do you like these game mode structures most would say no. I dont like that series are rotated out of the game.

Even if i dont like a particular track or car, any added content is a positive. Race length depends on the car/track combo its not a universal too short/long kind of answer, just add back the race length option that used to be in 7.

All these polls show to me is that the structure thats in place will never change. They just want to see what combos people can tolerate the most.

6 Likes

Longer race is needed not only by more laps to achieve, but also with the full track on lower class (be able to do suzuka full track on d class for example)

2 Likes

BuildersCup Open Class Tour is the content that matters to me the most for the listed reasons:

1. Better than FreePlay due to availability of practice sessions, challenge the grid, variety of weather, and fluidity of transition to next race.

2. Every race is a new experience as I upgrade my car, even when it reaches the top of the class in let’s say race 3, I can switch to other upgrades and tunes for race 4 to explore grip vs power builds or just to further enhance my previous tune.

3. Repeating OCT with different cars maintains interest (and dare I say excitement) specially when selecting cars with completely different driving feel like RWD vs FWD vs AWD, or decades 50s vs 70s vs 90s and so on.

As an exception, and it doesn’t apply to other updates:
In update 4.0, Featured Tour in the weeks 1, 2, and 4 were as good as the first ever Featured “Subaru BRZ” at the game launch. These Series are car specific, not encouraging replay, however the cars felt good to drive from the beginning before any upgrades and without switching ON stability and/or traction control.

I know that the below is supposed to be in the Suggestions Hub and it is not specific to update 4.0, but since it also might contain something of interest regarding evolving content, I think it is worthy to be mentioned here.

1. Allow lower class cars to be used in any racing series in Open Class Tour. This would be a quality of life improvement that makes the transition to next series easier by eliminating the need to exit to main menu and go to upgrades to select the same car just to give it 1 pi and back again through the menu to select the very same car “again” to use it in the next class series.
    Furthermore, in many cases I felt that I wanted to have the ability to start an E or D class car in a C class series. And, in some cases an A or B in an S.

2. Keep at least two OCTs available all the time. This simple enhancement can be formed in many ways to resolve multiple issues:

2.1- Expand coverage of performance classes with one tour for classes (E, D, C, B) and the second tour for classes (C, B, A, S).
This should cover more classes, and offer multiple choices for classes C and B as more often these two classes are target or pass-through to A from E and D in addition of being the starter for many cars in the game.

2.2- Each tour stay for 8 weeks by introducing one new tour every 4 weeks.
The 8 weeks is not meant to reduce developers work load :slight_smile: , its just a way to make sure that feedback can be gathered and corrections be made in the next update while players are still enjoying at least one tour should the other one “God forbid” be a flop.

2.3- Showcase and Rewards updated for both tours every 4 weeks with one new reward car and one returning reward car from expired OCT and expired Featured Tour.
Cast the FOMO devil out.

1. Introduce a new Cup in the career that is Not based on car building to covers two very evident shortcomings in single player side of the game. Let’s call it RacingCup for now.

3.1- One new Tour (4 series with 4 races each) get introduced to the RacingCup every 4 weeks and kept open for 12 weeks. We can call every 12 weeks a Season.

3.2- Every 3 Tour points aggregate represents the player (driver) standing in the Season, and every 4 Seasons aggregate points determines the ultimate result of the RacingCup for the year.
This might be a way to add player (driver) feeling of progression that builds up throughout the year with milestone every quarter.

3.3- Rewards for every tour, season, and Cup should be a race car, a car with significant racing heritage in automotive history if it was a street legal vehicle, or a Forza Edition car with special livery and upgrades.

3.4- No restrictions on pi or performance classes in the RacingCup. It should cover all racing cars in the game from every racing division in addition to hyper cars.
This should solve the problem of lack of content relevant to cars in classes R, P, and X in single player

1. This is a big one, mirror every evolving content which comes with Rewards in Featured multi-player and private MP. This should be a better way to obtain reward cars for those who really hate racing against drivatars.
7 Likes

One thing I liked the most in Update 4 were introduction scenes for Italian Challengers Tour events in career mode. Longer and focused on single cars (or pair) - they felt almost like proper AutoVista presentations from FM4. I wish they stayed in the game for good (and were integrated with ForzaVista somehow) :slight_smile:

Other highlights:

• Finally something different than hypercars and supercars in the Feauterd Tour in career mode, I like that (as well using D-class cars in current Open Tour)
  • Focus on classic cars in Open Tour in career mode.
  • Although I rarely play multiplayer, I appreciate the Daytona Sports Car Series. It’s nice to have events corresponding with real world events. However, I wished you introduced multi-class racing in multiplayer mode on that occasion, I’d like to participate in something like that.
  • And returning cars from Alfa Romeo, Abarth, and Lancia… but I still don’t understand why were they absent at launch :wink:
3 Likes

A lot of good ideas. I’m with you that Open Tour is currently better than Free Play because of practice and the grid thingy.

As an alternative to E,D,C,B and C,B,A,S tours, I’d suggest something more like E,C,A,R and D,B,S,P. Or have the 8 classes in one tour, but you get the reward car after completing any 4 series, including complete the same series 4 times.

3 Likes

BuildersCup won’t work well with most race cars. Not much upgrades available for majority of them including 1930s Vintage Racers.

I prefer different format for these cars and would like to have some driver related career in addition to the BuildersCup.

Thats why I think classes frome S to X and some other lower class historic cars might get their fair share of use opportunity in the game with additional Cup.

Edit:
BuildersCup = CaRPG
RacingCup = DriveRPG

1 Like

They reduced the number of Featured Tour races from 20 (4x5) to 16 (4x4) in update 4 and continued this in update 5.
So there are now EIGHT fewer races than there were at Christmas! And FOUR fewer races than there were AT LAUNCH.
This game is getting SMALLER (if you only play single player) not bigger!
At this rate update 10 will have one race in each event…

Ironically, i enjoyed the cars involved this time the most. The Spider handled great. I feel like they should have spread out the superhypermega cars more.

PS for those asking why they were not included, they said the Stellantis licensing wasnt resolved until too late in the day. Which i accept to be true. So that one is on Stellantis not Turn10.

1 Like

I’m glad that there are now 16 races instead of 20 required to unlock reward cars. It leaves me more time to have more varied races with different cars in other game modes :slight_smile:

Yeah, I suspected something like that. But in that case I think it’d be wiser to bring back the entire pack of Stellantis cars at some point in the future, like Forza Horizon 5 did, instead of launching the game with single Alfa Romeo Giulietta and causing confusion :smile:

2 Likes

Enjoyed the Open series which was classic race cars (was that this update?) and the roadster event was good but again - why aren’t they a permanent part of the game? What’s the point of coming up with fun and interesting ideas if you’re just going to cycle them out after four weeks and their reward cars with them?

Poll would be a lot better if your product manager(s) had the stones to ask “are you enjoying expiring championships” directly, I don’t want to answer the questions in case the results get interpreted as support for having such a small game with constantly disappearing content.

Daytona was a bit of fun, haven’t had much chance to play with it as I was affected by the crash bug. With a lack of career events since that’s been resolved I’m unlikely to get to use it, again it comes back to “stop expiring things and just leave them in the game” but it does feel a bit like this is a solution to so many Forza problems that someone must be deliberately refusing to see it.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. There are so many questions in that poll, but none of them ask about what, to me and I think to a lot of people, is the heart of the matter: FOMO is ruining this game.

All of these other questions feel irrelevant when T10 insists on trying to dictate what i should be playing and when. Then on top of that, the fact that they see fit to actually REMOVE content on a regular basis from what is already such a bare-bones game…it feels like whoever is making these decisions is so far removed from the process that they have no idea what the end user wants. Either that, or they actively want to see the game fail.

7 Likes

To this day I’m miffed FH5 didn’t have a single Citroën. It’s not like it dominated WRC for a decade or has arguably the best record in all of WRC history.

1 Like

I CANNOT try the rotating open series in the career mode because THEY ARE LOCKED behind some kind of other career series that I’m currently NOT INTERESTED to race in, so please unlock them such a way I can play and give feedback to you.

For the update, it was great to see Daytona back as it’s a must in any racing game, but the horrible pit lane exit modelling totally stains this content. Please fix it.

Thanks.

1 Like