People that use macros to “snipe” auctions

On Friday I spend about 2 hours, searching the auction house for an Apollo. Search, exit, search, exit, search, exit. I found about 20 of them for sale, they all sold within seconds of being posted, I was out bid on every single auction. It would take a minute for the game to actually show who bought the car after telling me that the auction had already finished with 59 minutes left on the count down. I saw several gamer tags who bought multiple Apollos, obviously credits are not an issue for an Apollo they were all around 1,000,000 cr but when I get outbid every time yet some guy can manage to buy 3 of them, it is kind of strange.

I have manged to find 2 Crown Vics on the auction house since the game came out, similar situation happened on both of them, although I haven’t searched that frequently for them.

Most Forza Editions seem pretty easy to find on the Auction House (at least the ones that have been Forza Point Shop prizes)

Similar experience I sold one of my exclusive cars, think it was a Regalia (I got an extra one from something) for max buyout (I am not legendary status). I posted the car and got the sold notification at the same time, it was within 2 seconds of posting that the car had sold. I am convinced that there are bots on the auction house buying exclusive cars immediately upon posting. Auction snipping (last minute bids to win an auction) I could believe are real people, but when exclusive cars are selling immediately when being put on the auction house it is a little strange.

1 Like

The only solution is to become a Legendary Painter or Tuner. That is the reward for becoming one. Yes, it is a hard grind for people without a Youtube fan base, but not impossible. It takes a lot of time and effort (It took me about 5 months since the game released to reach legendary status). The playlist actually makes it easier to get exposure because you can look at what autoshow available cars are the eligible vehicles for events and target those to tune or paint so that people will actively be looking to buy one out of the autoshow/AH if they don’t already have one and get it tuned and/or painted. Events that have one specific car are the best ones to target because then you know that car has to be used. No other way around it. The reward is big as the effort required is big too.

A vast majority of players don’t even know what an exclusive car is. Casual players have no idea what cars are exclusives and when cars like the Subaru are categorized as a “common” green colored car with little market value, most players will just remove the car from their garage. This keeps the circulation of such cars low. People that snipe will pick up any seen posted for low buyouts and they will sell them for real currency (against the Code of Conduct), high CR values, or to try to get one for friends/club members.

I search when I have nothing else to do. I complete the playlist in about 1.5-2 hours (except the 6 remaining dailies) on Thursday, then I mainly do online ranked play which leaves long wait times and you aren’t allowed to do anything except go to the AH, complete PR Stunts, Tune or Paint Vehicles, or drive around in freeroam. Sometimes I paint, sometimes I tune, my PR stunts are all 3 star so I don’t do those, unless I am trying to improve a PB score on a specific one, and I have no desire to drive around (no point in skill grinding anymore). So my convoy usually all sits there sniping the auction house for POs, exclusives, etc. We won’t touch a 20mil car (unless its a PO because those are so rare) because those are left for people that actually really want it and don’t have one. Those will usually sit on the AH for about 30 seconds - 2 minutes before someone that really wants it buys it out. Best time to search for exclusives are when they are currently an event reward or in the Forzathon shop because there will be a huge influx of those cars as people that don’t really know what they are and how exclusive they are will just throw them up on the AH for low buyouts.

You will also find that the market can get flooded when certain exclusive cars show up in the Forzathon Shop or as Playlist event rewards. The Lotus 2-Eleven for example is now overstocked in the AH because it was a Forzathon Shop car two weeks ago and it flooded the market. Other cars that have flooded the AH that are WS only cars: VW GRC Beetle, Delta HF Integrale EVO, and '95 Nismo GT-R LM, and pretty much every FE car (except at one time one sniper was cornering the Aventador FE market and buying anything low and reposting it one at a time for 20M).

Horizon Life cars that are easily available: Alfa Romeo P3, Ford RS 200 (not the Hoonigan), Jaguar XKR-S GT, Jeep Trailcat, Lamborghini Huracan, Noble M600, Porsche Cayman GTS, Ram 2500 Power Wagon, Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020.

And the one Event only car that is easily available: Mosler MT900S (since it is gifted to every single player at the start of the game).

The absolute only way (without cheating) to get about any of the exclusive cars is to search, back to back, over and over and over and over. There’s just no way around it. And you need to have a good internet connection, and you need to be fast at hitting Y, down, A as soon as you see the search come up with a white box. You can’t wait and see the details first … immediately hit y, down, then A.

And I’m not sure how many people are really using macros. I’m sure there are some people doing it, but people searching the old fashioned way makes it hard to get these cars, too. And they can still be had.

Take the Apollo, for example. It’s an easy search because the make starts with the letter “A” and you don’t have to scroll through different models. I’ve haven’t timed it, but let’s say it takes 8 seconds from start to start when searching. Each search has a 1/8 chance of being within a second of the listing. That’s 12.5% … not bad at all. Each search has a 1/32 chance of being within a quarter of a second of the listing. That is REAL close and gives you a good chance of winning … but 1/32 isn’t bad odds …

… but with the Apollo, it’s popular right now and an easy search, so you have umpteen other people searching with the same good odds, so getting to the auction more than a second after it was listed is just too late. Too many people searching with good odds. And that’s not even considering people using macros.

I’m on an Xbox One X and search the old fashioned way, and I’ve won multiples of all the PO cars (except for the Focus, which I never searched for), and won the Apollo within 90 minutes of searching. Because people are duping cars still, there are a lot going around, and I saw at least 30 auctions before I won an Apollo. It does take patience, which I usually lack. My strategy is usually to plan to search for 15 minutes at a time, and I usually keep going to about 30 minutes. Then if I don’t win, I force myself to quit and pick it up later. If you put the time in to search like this, you’ll eventually get any of the auction cars.

But if you just show up and search once and give up, you probably have a better chance of getting hit by lightning while being attacked by a shark. I don’t like the current AH at all.

1 Like

Yeah… I don’t like it either. Would be nice to be able to have a list of ‘saved searches’ or get alerts when stuff you want is listed. You know, like ebay. A real auction house.

I don’t extremely feel like clicking the buttons to repeat the search process over and over for 60-90 minutes just to get that Subaru WRX STi '04 that I’m missing.

It’s just an '04 Subaru. Can we just get it added to the showroom at some point?

1 Like

I’ve bought a Crown Vic, a Maserati FE, and an Apollo in the Auction.

The Crown Vic took about 30 minutes.
The Maserati FE took 10 Minutes.
The Apollo took 10 minutes.

I see an Apollo every 2 minutes in the Auction, it took 5 attempts to get one = 10 minutes.

The Apollo is a very easy search to do, takes about 10 seconds.

We PC users have been locked out from playing Forza for long enough, now we get some advantages.

facepalm

6 Likes

Did someone steal your wallet and forbid you from buying an xbox?

4 Likes

The whole legendary painter/tuner perk of being able to sell for 20mil gives those players way too much power over the flow and distribution of rare cars in the auction house. Way too much.

2 Likes

Why 10?

At most I’d say 3 per car. Everyone is clicking onto the macro cheaters except the ones that count PG… I’ve said it for months now and stand by it, a human verification system in the AH would stop the macros dead, and I’m sure humans wouldn’t mind a quick human verification check if they ended up getting the car there after. An extra few seconds v’s a few hours, I know what I’d pick.

More so a system which stops car cloning. Server checks car stock level of player, records this on an online server, once car is sold server deducts car level from online server and if user then deletes the local file to try relisting, the main server flags them as cheating (Ban issued).

Realtime stock management, like every warehouse /auction site in the world uses.

10, because of the auction, you are supposed to sell cars, so you need a stock of cars to sell. If you weren’t supposed to sell cars then legendary status wouldn’t exist, and it wouldn’t be an auction it would be a shop. I often stock up 10 cars to sell on a Saturday. Saturday you make the most money. 40 million profit without legendary status.

Good suggestions but … they indeed actually don’t care of it. This kind of issue is not solved because the return on investment in terms of stats is low. Making the Card thing will increase stats, same as playlist did but fixing this kind of issue, why ? Once fixed they will have a big drop in number of searches …

Everyone knows dragons are blue.

1 Like

Shifter Dragons can be any color.

The Auction House just isn’t worth bothering with if they’re not going to regulate the bots. But bots look just like players when aggregated, so as long as PG keeps looking at the metrics instead of the actual player experience, they won’t do anything.

2 Likes

Those kind of people are cancer of games…

2 Likes

Would be better that rare cars like apollo or 599XX Evo cost 20 mio.

1. the autosniper / macrorunner runs out of money very fast with buying at max price.
  2. at the moment AH buys are limited to around 20-something cars.
  3. a buyout should be limited to 5 or 10 cars by a gamertag.

Even without bots you have to imagine 10 people all clicking as fast as they can for the same car.

I’d be willing to bet during peak hours there are hundreds if not thousands of people all doing that same auction search. I remember a few months back trying to complete the set of P.O. cars and no matter how fast you think you hit the buyout, there’s always someone a fraction of a second faster. Still though managed to get them all eventually. Just takes alot of searching.

Well I’m impressed by my win rate then!