Option to limit helicopter visual turbulence

The newly installed FH5 Rally Adventure update is a great addition to this game, thus one exception.

The Helicopter hovering in front of drivers while in races, with turbulence (downforce of wind speed pressure), generating loose surface material, (sand, dirt, gravel, etc.) to fly-up in front of drivers, causing myriad of vision gameplay issues and problems.

While I understand many would like, (maybe even love) this requested game feature, I feel there also should be an option to limit and even control the amount of visual qualities the turbulence causes to drivers in races, amateur and experienced alike.

This is a feature that would help the gameplay for players who have part visual impairment issues.

I’d been waiting a long while to see a great game like FH5 be released and to get so many positive achievements and accolades, and fine tuning could make it even more pronounced.

Please develop an option to control these features in the gameplay and continue achieving more success by voting for this upgrade.

I haven’t even noticed. It’s not my settings, they are fairly high. I guess my tunnel vision is more extreme than I thought.

I’ll try to see it next time I play.

1 Like

It is especially blinding when its raining or foggy at night. The turbulence + spotlight make 90% of the map blind, and not in a “fun, rally way” as suggested when you use the rally calls and disable driving line.

1 Like

The problem is not the turbulence but the light coming from it. It’s not necessary. Turn it off the heli light or reduce the brightness like significallly because it’s always on top of the player’s vehicle and the headlights are more than enough to light up the road.

1 Like

im running this on a 4080 and the stuttering caused by the helicopter and its dust is unbearable, not to mention the annoying sound it makes

2 Likes

That’s weird. I have a 4080 as well and there’s never any stuttering (settings set to Extreme@4k). Which nVidia driver are you using and what is your CPU?

I briefly read a message posted on the in game message board a couple of days ago that one of the new eventlab features is to add the rally helicopter. I don’t see why they couldn’t have an option to turn it off in game settings. Probably PGG think it’s a cool addition. People are gonna love it so it’s here to stay.
Thankfully I done all I need in the expansion so don’t need to be bothered by that chopper again.

That helicopter SUCKS!!

Why do we need it? Authenticity? What Rally has anyone seen where the chopper is 20 feet off the ground, kicking up dust obscuring the driver’s view? NONE.

It serve’s no purpose.

FIYA FI DAT!!! :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Yep the helicopter sucks, obscures your checkpoints and is really off putting. Have finished the expansion with the exception of the tour and online racing. An option to turn it off would be great. Like you say, have never seen a helicopter in rallying, except off in the distance.

Turning off the smoke effect will disable the glare generated by the chopper, defeats the whole purpose if you ask me since some of us like the dust/smoke/debris effects