oops I've done it

well I just beat Darius Flint in the Grand Prix race, and on the street in my Ultima GTR and won it

now 2 questions, one is there really an after story? and two, what did you guys beat him in?

1. I would say no, but there’s also the street races and badges and rally pack and such if you didn’t do those yet.
  2. Maxed out Aventador, all black, no aero., stock rims.

I got an barn find… lol, so is any of the packs free?
and anyone else what did you beat him in?

I think I went out and bought a Ferrari F50 GT just to use on him. I wasn’t used to the handling so I had to restart once or twice but I got the hang of it quickly. As far as things to do after you finish the main story, I went Achievement hunting. Other than that, I’ve just bought some new cars and played around with the photo mode. I do have to say, the Mazda RX-7 handles pretty well. My only complaint is the time in between shifts, but I’m working on a good setup for it still.

SSC Ultimate Aero maxed with rear wing only :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I done it in the Audi R8.
After about the 5 attempt.
You got to just love this game .

I didn’t know what I would be up against and what track it would be on so was in my Radical with a very poor top speed. But I still scraped in with a win.

EDIT: the filter is definitely broken. The word with asterisks is the past tense of a word that can be used in the following phrase - he blanked the bottom of the barrel and it has no spaces in it.

Remember before you start out in Horizon? Your quick prelude race in the 2013 GTS Viper, vs Darius’s Ferrari 599XX?

Well, let’s just say we had a little rematch, same cars, only in the end I kept his car ;>

I can’t remember what I used. Probably my Lamborghini LP700-4. The only advantage he has over you in his Ferarri 599XX is it’s light and has really good grip on the road, but on the straightaways like the highway portion at the beginning and the long stretch at the end you could smoke him in just about any car. There’s always more you can do. The 1000 club (pretty much like 5 challenges for each car, never made a point to really do any of them), there’s the barn finds (really the only good cars are the Testa Rosa and the Bugatti which is the fastest car in the game btw), and there’s the rally expansion pack (6 races I believe, I beat it already but it’s really fun). You can also go get the rest of the discount signs because it’s almost impossible to get any decent amount of money after you beat the game without wanting to tear your hair out from all the street races.

I think I beat Darius in a Koenigsegg CCXR at first but then I had a rematch in the rivals event and beat him with a even quicker time in a Joss JT1!

In terms of an after story, I guess there isn’t one! However, you could do other events like the sponsor challenges or the challenges for each outpost which gives you free travel between them. There are also discount signs and roads to explore to get achievements for them. You could also race online to gold 50 with the credits won by the Darius race to buy useful cars but make sure you complete that Darius race with as many assists off as you can handle. I did the race not long after I bought the game where I felt I was still an amateur so kept assists on. It’s something I completely regret now as I would have won more credits!

I could’ve only used a stock Fiat 595 eseessee because Darius did a crash on the road when he was about to go on the dirt road’s, but no; he hit the wall and didn’t continue before I even reached 90%!

For the car I used, I think I was just in an R2 Saleen S5S Raptor that was slipping all over the place…

man I have to admit the game is really cool, what I did not get was I could not use the left lane on first part of the race, but I was able to use it on the guy with the GTR (now that was fun I was in my Camaro and was going 215 MPH on the freeway) well you can say that the online races help keep it going (also that first race with the viper I was in first but then like in less than a sec the screen changed to overhead and I was like 5 car lengths behind-- OK! I see) :slight_smile: anybody else?

Don’t know about things to do after the Darius Race but here’s a checklist anyway :slight_smile:

• Get all the Discount Signs
  • Drive all roads
  • Online Racing until you get bored
  • Get all the medals in the game aka. Get all the cars and join the 1000 club
  • Get all the achievments or, my favorite…
  • Hang out at the Race Center to cut all of your laptimes in the different events.

Seriously, this game has returned as my favorite game now since I noticed this function. I’m easily top 1% in all races and I’m currently working to get the fastest legit time on the yours truly Darius Event (Goliath R1). 3rd place atm, with A and both TCS and ABS.

Ooh, and the car I used/using is the CCXR :stuck_out_tongue:

I know a thing to do after you beat the game: play online!
Cruise around!
Mess with AI!

LoL! Getting boring after fifteen minutes.

If only Horizon could have sub-missions, after missions, that you unlock trough your gameplay.
Oh, and online career like on Forza Motorsport 2.

1.) 6 years later and I’m still wondering the same thing as you. I’ve beat all the races and can’t find anything to do. I still have 1 barn find left though so I guess I’ll just drive around in my new cars I bought with the Grand Prix money until it pops up and then I guess I’m done:(.

2.) I beat him 1st try by over a minute in my Bugatti Veyron with no upgrades cause it’s already super crazy when you buy it.

You probably won’t see this but whatever.