Old Maps as DLC for FH5

The older Forza games (1, 2, 3) are no longer available to buy. I understand it is probably because of license deals with cars and music. But the maps are made by PGG, and still fun, and a lot of us have fond memories from them. The old maps could be made available to buy as very easy to make DLC for Forza Horizon 5. It would be perfect as a 10 year aniversary

I said the same thing myself, even if the maps were totally empty and they were just props in the event lab

4 Likes

Cannot possibly upvote this suggestion enough!

FH2 was the one game which I never got to fully appreciate which has always bugged me as it’s the setting which I most wanted to explore. I didn’t have the new gen console at the time and this was before Xbox games were available on PC. My only experience was on the horrible XB360 port where large pieces of the game world were removed. The harbor area for one was completely inaccessible.

Would LOVE the chance to fully explore FH2’s map on PC and run those races. Better still if it’s with FH5’s cars!

FH5 may have the biggest map to date but it’s still far, far too small for an open world driving game. I need more room to run, darnit.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you. My wish would be that instead of giving us new separate games every time, where we have to earn the cars and co. a new. Make the game bigger, like building a complete world map. For example, next addition Japan. I personally think horizon 1-3 is a trilogy with one character for itself and horizon 4 upwards with one. I would love to integrate horizon 4 with its save game + DLC in part 5 and revisit 1-3 + DLC and experience it with new stories. For progress, you can use the way of the hot wheels DLC level wise and for fun, you could use cars befitting its region. Like horizon 4 I use mostly British cars.

2 Likes

This is a long shot I know, but imagine playing (for example) the FH3 or FH4 map as a DLC for FH5. They could also add the DLC maps from those titles. Just the maps. No cars and no music, only using the FH5 stuff avoiding the licensing issues.

It would take up so much hard drive space and I wouldn’t care.

I do wonder how physics would be implemented though. I only started playing in 3 and it didn’t really have the surface fidelity that FH4 and 5 have. You pretty much just had tarmac, not tarmac, and water in the base game.

I wish it were but I don’t think it would be a simple thing to port over. And then you’ve got things like lighting and DLSS… I’d still love it I’m just trying to be real here.

Yes, PLEASE!

Great idea.