Official Weekly FH5 Livery Competition - Week 075

Unless I’m reading this wrong (highly likely) it seems that my 911 is good but won’t win because it’s alcohol related.

GT: amemxya

1998 Nissan Silvia K’s Aero (S14 Kouki)

“RADWIMPS D1GP”

122 874 900

2 Likes

Right there at the top of every competition:

Although that didn’t stop them from declaring a winner last week with an alcohol brand on it (Martini)

Oh. Still confused as to how Martini won if alcohol is banned, but maybe it’s because it’s a huge sponsor (if so maybe my stuff is allowed). Like banning energy drinks but allowing a Red Bull thing.
Is it disqualified or just put aside from winners?

Probably invalid theory: generic alcohol brands like Jack Daniel’s or some kind of beer is prohibited but world renowned classic race sponsors like Martini and Jägermeister are allowed?
I’m probably overthinking this.

A likely oversight from the judge(s).

Honestly, I think they just dropped the ball and weren’t paying attention since the “Martini” livery is very iconic to a lot of people.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. You’re livery is getting lots of attention right here/right now. I mean, if it’s downloads/likes you want. If it’s the glory of a ‘win’, I would have to guess it won’t but who am I? I’m just pointing out the rule above. I’m not the final say on anything.

That being said, keep at it. You’re talent is clearly there. :wink:

I suppose Martini is known more as a race sponsor and a cocktail than an alcohol brand in itself, yeah.

You say it’s getting a lot of attention, but ironically it has next to no downloads; 23 to be exact (as opposed to an orange Jäger CLK GTR having 123)… I blame the disappear-after-24-hours algorithm for that.

I’ll probably just leave those liveries out of the contests.
Is Marlboro allowed or is that bad because it’s cigars? Surely Senna’s sponsor is permitted…

I’ll stop asking countless questions once I get used to this.

Random, unrelated question, how do you change your profile picture on here? Currently it’s my Xbox 360 gamerpic and I can’t see a way to change it…

I’m not completely sure, but if I remember it right: It’s not banned, but it’s close, it’s very much discouraged. Not going to win this contest with a Marlboro. But you can also think what your personal opinion is about advertising cigarettes to kids. My personal judgement is: No cigarettes, no alcohol and no energy drinks. There are so many other things to Design about or for and have a positive influence. But you do you of course and you have your own convictions.

To be clear: Only Alcohol isn’t officially allowed.

1 Like

If I understand this right you are buying a car for this? That would be a great honor, thank you!

1 Like

Not a clue. I’m on PC myself and there’s no way to change my avatar here as far as I’ve seen.

As am I. But how come you all have XB1 pictures and I have a 360 one? Is it because my One picture is custom?

So what main sponsors can be used if alcohol, cigars and energy drinks can’t be? I know they’re not the only sponsors in the world but it rules out a huge amount of them. In fact it rules out virtually all drift brands other than Falken, Hoonigan (which is tied with Monster) and Donut Media.
Having to cater race liveries around kids is very awkward regarding the fact that the people who sponsor the cars don’t exactly care that it’s harmful to children.

I’m not meaning to be ranting at this, I’m just new to these competitions and find the permitted brands a bit of a minefield. Sorry for this.

I think regarding the facts that almost all the fully branded liveries I have fall under those categories (Jager, Marlboro, Monster, Red Bull and Rockstar) and I don’t really make abstract stuff, I’m going to be hopeless at these contests.

Yep :smiley: ans your so welcome! Absolutely love your work!!

1 Like

Lookup “racecar livery” on Pinterest or Google. There is every design under the sun to get inspiration from. It’s not the word Marlboro that makes it iconic, it’s the red and white stripes on the car/pack. A sponsor’s logo is only a piece to a livery.

The rules at the top ONLY state alcohol. There’s nothing about cigars/cigarettes/energy drinks. There are literally hundreds of thousands of brands that aren’t alcoholic. The rule is hardly limiting by any stretch of the imagination. Just use some common sense with the content and you’re fine.

I really suggest you just go to the top post and read the rules plus go to the link provided that covers their overall content guidelines. They really are pretty simple and straightforward.

1 Like

Gamertag: l Psych0Daddy l ( l is a small letter L)
Car: Audi RS6 Avant 2018
Design: Power Division
Sharecode: 165 152 255

2 Likes

Sorry. I have a tendency to overthink everything.

I feel like a complete idiot now and have been clearly making a fool of myself (and/or giving a bad impression).

If the contest ends today but the winners are being announced next week, I’m guessing this isn’t a weekly thing?

Oh, the contest ends then the judges take a week to decide who wins…

Nice Audi! :open_mouth:

1 Like