Motor City Tunes Forza 6

Some of you may know me from the Gran Turismo Series. I have just recently purchased an XBOX and Forza 6. With only a few hours into the game, I can already say that I like it. Forza 6 is better than GT6 in many ways, but I do also miss some features from that other title. Happy with the game so far and looking forward to dissecting the tuning physics as I have for previous racing games.

A little background on me. I have raced BMX, slot cars, remote controlled cars, auto-cross, Sports Car Club of America road racing and of course racing video games. It doesn’t matter what I race, I have always loved two things. First is the thrill of the drive. I have spent countless hours trying to hone my driving skills. My second love is the love of the tune. I read whatever I can on the subject and I am not afraid to make changes, even obscure ones, in an attempt to find more speed. When it comes to tuning, I think more like an engineer. The combination of these two focuses of thought truly makes me feel more connected to the cars that I drive. I believe that my constant improvement in the seat and continuous learning of the machine allows me to finish higher on the podium than I really should.

I will begin to publish tunes soon. I will start by posting tunes that I use in the single player portion of Forza and progress to taking requests.

Class E

Class D

Class C

Class B

Class A
2015 Mustang GT - 660 - post #13

Class S

Class R

Class P

Tune Trouble Shooting

Using Telemetry

Diagnosing Handling Issues

Tuning Videos

I do… :slight_smile:

(cbarbosa from GTP)

Looking foward to your tunes for FM6… And i’m certain they will be awesome! :wink:

1 Like

Defiantly will be following this one. Is that Picture from MIS? Nice ride btw.

I enjoyed your tunes from gt5&gt6…looking forward to your stuff…Are you going to open source?

Wow! Really good eye there. That picture is from MIS. Raced there in August in the green Miata.

Thank you.

Thanks.

I am getting a bit of a slow start with Forza because work is crazy this month. So far, I love the game. Tuning is much less of a guessing game in Forza 6. I will probably post my first tune this weekend. The 2015 Miata that I have been using for the career races is getting really drive-able. I still have not quite found the settings that allow for me to exchange entry grip for exit grip. The rear drive cars are a bit loose on exit with the controller. Curious to see how tuning changes with the new wheel that I have ordered.

Give me time. I will get more active in tuning and publish my method for solving tuning problems.

I’ve found mazda’s quite hard to tune myself, always seem a bit rear end happy, i tuned them all up in C class and find that if you reduce the ARBs at the rear quite low it seems to not slide as much. The car seems to loosen up and as you Build them towards been handling cars the loss of traction coming out of corners can be a pain. i seem to have my ARBs set at the front to about 12 - 15 and rear is around 7 - 9 some adjustments are still needed but this seems to be working quite well for the slide i kept having, some tuning aspects of the game dont make sense to me, still getting to grips with a few stuff but mazda’s are a new experience for me. I think the first cars i got to grips with were the muscle cars, love tuning them things :slight_smile:

1 Like

[/quote]

I’ve found mazda’s quite hard to tune myself, always seem a bit rear end happy, i tuned them all up in C class and find that if you reduce the ARBs at the rear quite low it seems to not slide as much. The car seems to loosen up and as you Build them towards been handling cars the loss of traction coming out of corners can be a pain. i seem to have my ARBs set at the front to about 12 - 15 and rear is around 7 - 9 some adjustments are still needed but this seems to be working quite well for the slide i kept having, some tuning aspects of the game dont make sense to me, still getting to grips with a few stuff but mazda’s are a new experience for me. I think the first cars i got to grips with were the muscle cars, love tuning them things :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Wow. You are much lower than I am currently. I have ARBs around 30 front/20 rear.

Right now I am focused upon understanding what each setting effects and not as much on pure speed. Can I make the car more consistent through the corner so that it feels like one smooth corner. Once I learn how to do that, I can start working on pure speed and maximizing the in-game anomalies.

[/quote]

Wow. You are much lower than I am currently. I have ARBs around 30 front/20 rear.

Right now I am focused upon understanding what each setting effects and not as much on pure speed. Can I make the car more consistent through the corner so that it feels like one smooth corner. Once I learn how to do that, I can start working on pure speed and maximizing the in-game anomalies.
[/quote]

Yeah i started quite high myself but i seem to get a lot more consitent laps with the low ARBs, i adjusted my downforce on the rear, i adjusted the differential accel as well and neither really did much until i started playing with the ARBs. I useally have my tyre pressure pretty much the same for all my C class cars, i adjust my toe sometimes to correct oversteer but i’ve always struggled with the mazda’s. I find it odd im usually fine with Rear wheel drive :slight_smile:

I used a lot of the tunes you shared on GTPlanet, good to see you racing on Xbox too, your lime green cars will be at home here.

1 Like

My first Forza tune.

2015 Mustang GT
Class A 660

Upgrades:
Race Exhaust
Race Camshaft
Race Valves
Race Engine Block
Race Pistons/Compression
Race Oil/Cooling
Sport Flywheel
Race Brakes
Race Spring and Dampers
Race Front and Rear Anti-Roll Bars
Sport Weight Reduction
Race Diff
Sport Tire Compound
Race Front Bumper

Tune (Front/Rear):
Tire Pressure 31.0/30.0
Gearing Stock
Camber -1.0/-0.5
Toe -0.1/-0.3
Front Caster 3.5
Anti-Roll Bars 30.02/20.01
Springs 750.1/625.0
Ride Height 5.0/6.0
Damping Rebound 5.5/9.5
Damping Bump 6.5/4.5
Downforce Front only 60
Braking Balance 52%
Braking Pressure 95%
LSD Acceleration 20%
LSD Deceleration 55%

Assists:
Suggested Line Off
Braking ABS On
Steering Normal
Traction & Stability Control Off
Shifting Manual

Community feedback would be great as I am learning the Forza 6 physics.

Hi Mr. MCH! :slight_smile:

(cbarbosa from GTPlanet) - Tested on controller, ABS only…

Your 1st tune in FM6 came just in handy, as i´m about to start the “Daylight Series” A660 and the Mustang is on of the cars avaliable… :smiley:
Regarding your tune settings, only changed the following:

• Removed Front Aero (really enjoy stock appearence cars)

The 1st series of Ultimate Sports Machines (Volume 2 - Sports Icon) has a max PI of A660, so perfect! The tracks for the 5 races are:

• Mount Panorama - the stock gearbox is letting the car down, needs some adjustments to become more responsive. The car has a very good mechanical grip, very composed on the ups and downs of the track. Springs are very reactive and responsive to the track layout, suits my driving style. However the main issue was the braking pedal travel. The brakes felt “lazy” and unresponsive. The balance is OK to me, however noticed an excessive hard pressing on the brake to make the car stop. May be related to brake pressure…

• Long Beach - The car felt different, but for better. Much better grip, more stable, less body roll and weight transfer. However the stock gearbox and the “lazy” brakes are still there, mainly on the long straights followed by hard braking and closed corners…

• Catalunya - The tight twists and turns were a great test to the car’s handling… Some weird understeer appeared, but easily fixed with some adaptive driving skills! :smiley: However, brakes, brakes! Failed on a few ocassions, along with the gearbox… But still good driving sensations…

• Rio Full R - The most challenging (and fun!). The ups and downs and bumps were a true test to the suspension and chassis settings. Dealt with it nicely, the suspension was soft enough to absorve all the elevations and bumps, but at the same time stiff enough to keep the car controlled and running. The braking problem was not so noted, mainly because of the fast cornering, but still present though…

• Road Atlanta - The easier track of all 5… and the easier for the car…

OVERALL: The car is nicely balanced, with good grip and good speed. The main issues are the braking and the stock gearbox, believe two simple things easily fixed…

TY Mr. MCH for a great tune!

Chat soon.

2 Likes