Missing options for Xbox Controller and other supported ones - what every FM7 player should know

Hey Guys,
u should rly fix the error that u cant change the steering linearity on xbox controllers @the advanced settings. There is no slider for it. but for no name controllers and wheels. rly funny guys…
thats bad. We want it too! Im one of the drifters who needs it, like on forza horizon 3. thx!

Update: What everybody should know about input devices in FM7 and why T10 MUST fix it

First a few pics to show u guys the advanced settings menu for supported controllers, non supported, and wheels.

“If we’re using a unknown input device like a no name controller from Hori, Razer or what ever, we have to create a custom profile ingame. These custom profiles allow unknown controllers to use more setting options. Like the wheels. See the pictures above. A disadvantage for those who use the supported controllers. Because we can’t creat a custom profil ingame for the supported ones. This is a disadvantage in race events, drifting and multiplayer. In multiplayer we can see that guys with the same car setup (like stock cars) but no name controller, are faster in hairpins and slow corners. Because their steering reacts faster. We’ve tested it. The no name controller (from Hori) was always faster on tracks like the nürburgring. Not much, less than 5 seconds on that track, but enough to see thats an improvement. But… We’re talking about the PC version. We don’t know how it is on Xbox with no name controllers. We think everybody should have the same options because there are official leagues and a e-sport scene too.”

PS: I mean i’m a drifter too. And just there it brings a greater advantage in contrast to racing. Btw i’ve tested it with SweetShoxx together on Nürburgring.

3 Likes

We need this! It’s a game design error!

3 Likes

I believe you need an Elite Controller for that. Are you talking about aggressive, delayed, etc… and their associated sliders in the Xbox Accessories App? If so Turn 10 has nothing to do with that.

1 Like

no leetorts. i mean the ingame slider under advanced control settings on fm7. every no name controller or wheel has the slider, except the “supported” xbox controllers. that not rly fair. and many drifters want it too like me.

2 Likes

That’s the problem leetorts…

1 Like

I’m still missing the steering linearity slider in my controller settings.

First time Ive purchased a Forza title after GT6 is shutting down their multiplayer,
and now Forza 7 is technically useless, unless I bought a wheel.

Ive read that the older titles like FH3 and FM6 did have that slider, but exactly the one I bought does not?!

Really important for me to speed up steering linearity, since the front wheels react very delayed to my input.
I barely manage to countersteer in racing. Drifting is a desaster with such a slow steering.

Were probably not the only ones missing this, or are we?

2 Likes

yeah thats true. i love the physics. better as fm6. but still a delay and up to 5 crashes per hour on a good gaming pc. and supported xbox controllers are still a bad choice for the fm7 players… funny. maybe we should talk with the microsoft support why there game doesn’t support the xbox controllers like other hardware. t10 has to learn something about customer support!

I appreciate most in the forum or in general, don’t know that it works with some controllers but not with all. This is a probelm that should get more attention. the players should be enlightened about it.

2 Likes

I’ve written an e-mail to the T10 support with the advanced option screenshots 3 weeks ago. But no answer until today. We shouldn’t buy the next Forza Motorsport… The time is gone with good FM games and customer support. The Forza Horizon series from Playground is much better. They bring new futures to the Forza series… T10 just imports old Tracks like Maple Valley without improvements. Sometimes i think without Playgrounds fm7 would have no widebody’s. You guys know what i mean.

Another thing in Forza is, until today no offset slider in the tuning menu for the cars. Every real life livery looks ugly without offset while driving. That’s why I stopped creating designs. Today adjustable offset is a future in every 2nd game and belongs to the tuning scene. + Forza went to PC. But the Design editor feels like from the 90’s. For some groups you need 10+hrs. With Photoshop 2-3hrs… Photoshop and Gimp support for designs, thats the future for PC games. They should listen more to the community. There are rly good ideas in the forum. Really.

1 Like

Am I actually reading this thread correctly? T10 isn’t writing software for non-existent hardware?

1 Like

@YanaYaYa UK

If you’re using a unknown input device like a no name controller from Hori, Razer or what ever, you have to create a custom profile ingame. These custom profiles allow unknown controllers to use more setting options. Like with the steering wheel. See the pictures above. A disadvantage for those who use the supported controllers. Because you can’t creat a custom profil ingame with that supported ones. This is a disadvantage in race events, drifting and multiplayer. In multiplayer you can see, that guys with the same car setup but no name controllers are faster in hairpins and slow corners. Because the steering reacts faster. We’ve tested it. The no name controller (from Hori) was always faster on tracks like the nürburgring. Not much, less than 5 seconds on that track, but enough to see thats an improvement. For me it’s more important for drifting. I hate the delay with Xbox controllers. But we’re talking about the PC version. I don’t know how it is on Xbox with no name controllers. I think everybody should have the same options because there are official leagues and a e-sport scene too.

2 Likes

++++ KEEP DRIFTING FUN! ++++

totally agree. maybe we need a petition?!

Really weird, i mean how do we get at least a response? A negative one would be enough to carry on, but this?

2 Likes

Never. They already got our money. And as long as no more people complain, nothing will happen. Look at the request for offset, since fm3 people want that slider. or bots in multiplayer … Nobody at Turn10 listen to the Community. And that’s why we shouldn’t buy the next FM games until they listen to us.

1 Like

What is the actual name of the feature/ability that is most valued in the “no name” controller that isn’t available on the xbox controller?

1 Like

@The Sniper 8U

Steering Speed and Steering linearity.

Exactly the one thin this thread is all about.

1 Like

That’s all what they do → [Mod Edit - OT removed - D]

It can’t be difficult to give us the same options for the supported controllers or?! I talked with a few Youtubers. Maybe they will start a discussion about this too. More players should know the truth about the fairness in the E-Sport scene.

1 Like

I have been seeing this as well and also when I started playing FH5 I was using a Razer Controller and it was fine. I never had to adjust my settings at the start of every race it’s very frustrating and annoying. This needs to be fixed asap! I’m not sure what happened but I never, ever had to adjust controller settings ever before unless I was playing around with them. Now I have to every single race and that isn’t right. Please get this fixed because it really is making me not play the game anymore as much.