Microsoft, stop making impossible jumps!

I agree this one is very difficult. There are only a few cars that can do this jump. All of which need to have AWD, the right tyres (rally I think) and engine swaps with maxed out power. I know that the Ferrari 599 XXE is able to do it with a top speed tune I downloaded. What’s very important is the starting position and clearing all obstacles first.

I don’t agree in full and you sort of provide the solution yourself: fast car, grip when accelerating and not too much ‘wing’ will do the trick. A wing setup to provide down force will push the car down after leaving the ramp. I managed 3* in quite a number of different vehicles.

I think the most important thing is grip to launch on the grass. I haven’t build a tune for it myself, just used tunes that were already on the cars I have

I agree. I just went back to the jump and tried multiple cars all with plenty of power (in S2) and all but one AWD. It being winter makes RWD extra tough. Managed the 3* distance with: the RS200 (duh), Willys Jeep, a Beetle, an M5 (one of the newest) and the Honda Civic 1974 came really close and might have done it if I had been a bit more patient. All using manual shifting and no assistance, with Normal steering.
Didn’t bother the other obvious and previously proven capable Mosler, 599XXEvo, Shelby Cobra, Ferrari 812, and other Ferraris or Lamborghinis as I know some of them,not all, are usable for this jump.

And not to discourage the OP (not knowing but guessing) they can all be done with automatic shifting and assists on. Pretty sure I did them all that way anyway. And all the other PR stunts too for that matter… except some (most ?) of the Drift Zones (not my faves), for those I did need to go manual shifting and assists off.

I thought it might have been and checking I see my PB for the Castle jump is in the TVR Sagaris FE at X 999… so sue me, I’m lazy, once I got that and a couple others there really was no going back for PR stunts lol. Will the TVR do it in Winter ? Hmm… oh hey, it’s got winter tires so that’s a thing :slight_smile: Yep, easily. Well of course it would, it’s so overpowered.

So you might just have to wait for the right car to come along and give it another try. Sometimes for me it’s just taking a break from the trying that helps.

Oh absolutely, that is what I did for all ‘Stunts’ except for the DZs where in the end I had the TC off. Couldn’t 3* some with TC on. I recently really started to get into all assists off in FH5 and now do the same in FH4. Makes it pretty different in some places on the map.

1 Like

Haven’t trythe TVR can’t really handle that car, never could. Maybe I’ll try later this week.

Seems ok with the tune I’ve got. Was it a Waznewz tune ? I’ll have to check later.

EDIT : No promises running it manual shift and assists off … it could be even more lol !

EDIT PS : Yeah, pretty sure it’s a Waznewz tune, I can see his fave wheels on it in my mind :slight_smile:

EDIT : Confirmed, Waznewz tune, sharecode 485 959 345

“they can all be done with automatic shifting and assists on”

The most of the jumps - yes, but not that one above the highway and also not the jump inside the castle. Automatic shifting spins wheels too much due to the lack of grip on the grass and the car can’t accelerate enough to make the jump.

I agree on the wheelspin part of your remark, that can make it really tough sometimes. For the second part: like said I achieved all jumps, speed traps, speed cams and almost all drift zones on automatic shift and assists on. So it can be done.
Two factors that are of great influence: obviously the car/tune you use, e.g. the RS200 looses the wheelspin very soon with the tune I used so no real probs there for both jumps mentioned and secondly the season. Both jumps in my opinion are a lot easier outside of winter.

1 Like

me, too, I got all 3* and seasonals with automatic gears, TCS, ABS and STM on - some even with assisted braking