Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 2011 - audio (1742903)

Doesn’t sound like the real car, sorry.

It was great between Forza Motorsport 4 and 7.

Just use the Auto Vista sound from FM 4 please!!

Nearly all V8s in the game sound poor quality and “this will do” or “close enough” type of samples! I’m so disappointed in this half baked product the more I play it.

Burmester Tweeter are Out on the Dashboard. So Soundsystem is On. But the Command in the Center of the Dashboard is Off. So make a Choice and turn both off or both on :man_facepalming:

Engine Sound is Miles and I mean Milessss away from the Reality

1 Like

Right - I just don’t know what to make of the poor job they’ve generally done on nearly all car sounds. We were lied to for sure when the game was being marketed.

Bitter taste left in my mouth. I’m never buying a T10 product again.

2 Likes

In the chase cam it doesn’t have that signature throaty V8 growl and the cockpit sound it too suppressed, hollow, and quiet. Cockpit audio needs insulated sound with appropriate bass, vibration, rumble, etc

Forza Horizon 3 has a perfect chase cam and bonnet/bumper cam sound for this car!

2 Likes

@here
Does this issue still persist after recent updates? Would it be possible to provide a video of this in action?

The car Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 2011 has wrong engine sound and missing it’s signature tone and exhaust note. It is not supposed to have the generic sound. The issue was not fixed even after all the updates
https://forums.forza.net/t/cars-mercedes-benz-sls-amg-2011-sound/645788/2
Hence I am creating a topic for this again.

I am providing a video which I recorded, here is how it sounds in FM2023 as of update 6.0

Therefore, please fix the issue for this car. Down below I am providing the real life car audio samples from YouTube where you can hear the actual sound with depth and interior sound of the real life version of this car. Please kindly use these samples and give a proper sound update to this car.

Additionally I am providing clip of best sounding SLS AMG from previous Motorsport title(Forza Motorsport 4)

I hope these information helps and please do not close the issue without completely fixing the sound of this car.
Thank you

4 Likes

I don’t need to make a video. It doesn’t sound like the real SLS AMG, that is the issue!

Just give it the real, throaty and growly sound from the actual SLS.

1 Like

Thank you for these comparison videos and your attention to detail in the comments. Every car should have their signature exhaust traits including pops and bangs, along with how they sound during acceleration, deceleration, and coasting. Furthermore, the interior sounds are really lacking in this game.

The SLS AMG has been among my all time favourite cars to drive between FM 4 and 7. The sound is just not good enough in this game.

.have you heard this car in FH 3? That has the best SLS AMG sound I’ve heard in any game to date. FH 2 has a pretty great sample and so does FM 5.

Things usually improve with newer products not regress.

1 Like

My pleasure. Well that is how I always like to put it when it comes to show the differences, might look nerdy to some but the extras I believe always helps at some point. I did the best I could. And yes I did hear the sound of SLS AMG in FH3,FH2 and FM5. Those are great.

Although I know this has been bug-logged and a lot of the car sound topics are in the bug-logged list. We have our eyes on update 7 now. Let’s see what Turn10 brings this time…fingers crossed about car sounds getting completely updated!

3 Likes

The cockpit in this car sounds like a bathtub or tincan. It’s a road car so that’s very strange.

The exhaust note also needs to sound throatier and more “growly” like the real modern SLS.

Can you also make it shift gears like it does IRL? The shifting should be seamless with no pauses or hiccups. In the game, it shifts like a manual stick shift with clutch. Incorrect shifting behaviour - has been an issue with all dual clutch flappy paddle cars since FM 1

1 Like

Oh lord, the SLS didn’t rumble in FM8! The sound really lacked the real aspect to it.

Here’s Gran Turismo’s SLS AMG sound. They got the accurate sound note and made it shift like it should. It’s got some rasp too, just like what it actually sounded in Real life!

that is an incredibly accurate SLS sound.

I just wish they would drop the fake EQ boosting and all that and just give us the real, actual sounds for each car, no matter how much it adds to the game size. ultimately, it will make the game more enjoyable and even influence sales.

If they don’t have access to a particular car to do dyno runs and track runs to record it under load… FINE… just research extensively on YT and then nail the sound as accurately as possible.

I’m so unhappy with the way the sounds have regressed… wish I had never played FM 2-6… they set the bar so high.

1 Like

But at least you’re happy for Gran Turismo for making car sounds very accurate now unlike their previous games.

Polyphony actually recorded real car sounds by using Dynanometers on each car they’re going to add in their game. And it took 6 months to fully model and compile everything to their cars. They have SO MUCH passion for cars compared to Turn 10. It’s a win for Polyphony unlike how they made their cars sound like before, which are “Vacuum cleaner” sounds.

From “Vacuum” sounds to Actual car sounds is the biggest sound department evolution! Problem with T10 is they put too much reverb and echo in their car sounds in FM8. I bet FM7 & FH4 sounds are awful too.

FM 7 is not so bad. FH 4 I don’t like much.

GT 7 has a great work ethic and they are very well organised, disciplined, determined, motivated, passionate,etc.

T10 can learn a lot from them.

1 Like