Manually shifting in automatic mode

We need a Semi Automatic Gearbox in all racing games if you ask me. Manual shifters gets all kind of manual transmission (with clutch, without clutch) but Automatic gearbox players have to deal with what the developers have programed for this automatic transmission and that is not always great unfortunately.

We need to have the ability to at least shift down a gear or multiple gears when we are playing in Automatic transmission (override fixed automatic transmission) because sometimes you get stucked in very low rev/rpm (high gear) and then you have to brake to shift down in a lower gear to get higher revs/rpm and that costs us Automatic gearbox players a ton of time lost in lap times and we can not compete at all like this so I hope every racing game developer finally sees how important this issue is for Automatic Gearbox players.

If GRiD for example can implement this option for Semi Automatic Gearbox (override fixed gear in automatic) in their games then Forza can make this happen too right…?!

All say Amen to Semi Automatic transmission in racing games :pray::heart_hands:

Would be nice to down shift once in a while like many new automatic cars will allow you to do in real life.

Its not about advantages but its about disadvantage of the automatic shifting. Especially on corner exit you sometimes want to shift down one gear because the automatic choosed the wrong gear.
The prerelease communication from the devs was that driving aids doesn’t create disadvantages anymore but in fact they still do.

1 Like

Done did it! It would be about time.

Like many other race games, could we have the ability to override the auto gear box much like a semi automatic box. So we can downshift more optimal than the CPU does.

It’s a real life feature of many cars and almost EVERY car built today with an automatic transmission. It just makes sense to have it as part of the game.

1 Like

Yep I can do it in my a35 amg mercedes, on the paddles.

1 Like

Hahaha! I can do it in my Jeep Renegade. I can also take turns with less understeer than a stock Ferrari 458 or just about any other “stock” FM23 car.

It’s also much less wobbly than any stock handling FM23 car. In fact, it doesn’t wobble at all unless I physically make it wobble.

Don’t want to derail this topic. But I don’t find the stock cars handle too bad. Ive also had the honda type r in this game, and it handles pretty close to irl with it’s limits on track. It was a good handling car and it is in game. I can’t speak for all cars in the game obviously. I’m waiting for the i30n Hyundai which is now in horizon to be added, cos I had one of these after the type r.

I think the issue is, for me when you play against ai the CPU don’t have stock cars so, you starting in a stock car just feels awful to the upgraded grid.

Anyway this isnt the topic and everyone will have an opinion what feels real or not so I don’t want to start a never ending debate lol.

I think the understeer is an issue with steering with a pad mentioned in

Unless your on wheel then I dunno

However…
Thanks for replying on the topic mate

Like most other racers, have an option for semi automatic gearbox so you can override the CPU changing up and down gears.