Is this a cheat thing?

Just did the weekly for the Eliminator. All fine then something weird. Near the edge of the zone, tier 9 challenged me, I was in tier 7. We both beeped in fact. I headed off towards the centre of the map, heading a bit to the right of it, with a decent head start. Nothing appeared on screen for a good few seconds, far, far longer than I’ve ever encountered before. “Oh, right, one of those,” I thought. Then the destination appeared and it was basically in the opposite direction to where I was headed but was in the direction the other car was facing. Unsurprising result.

Is that a known cheat thing? Seriously, it was maybe 3 seconds after the point where I thought, “Oh, another one that didn’t work,” that the destination appeared. Maybe that’s how it works for some reason? The one that beeps first guns it and gets a beneficial end-point?

@Fishie_flop_oog maybe you can offer a view here?

I generally try to be aiming towards the center, as the end point usually generates in such a way that even if the circle is closing that it will still be inside. That doesn’t always work, though, as today I got headed center only for it to end up most of the way up the volcano.

1 Like

yes, that makes sense, I was doing that, gave up on the idea that the head-to-head was going to start, and then the race started with me way behind - seriously this was a long, long gap between beeping and anything happening

Not really, toward final cirtcle the races are fixed to certain lines, it works with small zones and if you are in said zone the race will go to a certain always the same from that zone finish spot. So it wont always go towards the middle, it sounds like this person either understands that system or simply had a race from that spot in that final circle before and remembered that.

I might be wrong but the races are not stored locally, I believe they are on server side and the servers have to comunicate it to the players so the known cheats can not influence that, they have to wait for the server info like everyone else.

1 Like

Yeah about that, the game wouldnt mess up now would it?

Forza Horizon 5 Eliminator; This game hates me - YouTube

1 Like

I always thought it’s about the path of a challenger. For instance if I honk first, the end point is in my way. If someone honks first in opposite way, I have to go in their way.

1 Like

Pretty sure I can disprove that with the incident that happened today… both my opponent and I were facing in towards the center… they challenged, but the endpoint was behind both of us (way up the volcano…).

I definitely do prefer to be the challenger though, with regards to seizing the initiative.

Road section below the “Gran Caldera”

I reach the goal and I find two lvl 9, I’m lost vs hoonigans xdd. Audi Rs7 Vs Hoonigan…

I accelerate, the goal appears about 10 meters behind me… The Hoonigan wins without moving hehehe.

Nope

just to clarify, the real issue was the length of time it took the game to tell me that the race was on, we’re talking 5 seconds after both of us beeped

I get that happening occasionally too,not 5 secs though,prob 1-2. I’ve also noticed that there is a delay in challenge notification if i’m using 3rd person (chase) cam,not sure what thats about.

1 Like

Ugh. So now I can add “cockpit camera may give edge” to my list of reasons to dislike and avoid Eliminator. It just keeps getting better and better ! :wink:

I have vids up where it takes even longer.

Simple network isseu

1 Like

Cockpit mode eliminator needs all the help it can get :smiley:
I normally drive bumper or cockpit cam,but have ‘learned’ to drive chase cam just for eliminator - so much easier to see routes

1 Like