Is the Forza AI cheating? The race leaders times don’t add up

The math ain’t mathing to me. I did a gt3 race against AI at Spa, came 3rd but was behind second place by about 14 seconds and behind 1st by about 17 seconds.

Both pole positions had best laps in the 2:28 times, and total race times of 12:26 and 12:29 and change, respectively.

Even if they averaged 2:28 flat for 5 laps (which they didn’t, I saw as high as 2:31 for the leader on the first lap), that would add up to 12:33.333…

Any explanation for this that I’m missing? I can’t even imagine dirty laps making up for that lead.

1 Like

in short yes they cheat, the just copy pasted the AI from horizon 5 and tweaked it a bit.

2.28 flat for 5 laps would be 12 minutes 20 seconds (your 12.33 is in fractions), so the AI times are sensible.

1 Like

Best lap would be a clean lap, so could be anything. Theres also the weather/track conditions. Im always faster in the race than in practice. The track rubbering percentage is higher and drafting improves times as well.

Oh boy… that’s embarrassing. You’re right lol. Thanks!

I also find at AI level even up to the max of 8 I do better against the AI in rain than dry conditions.

It’s less about them cheating and more about the rest of the pack just piling up and doing dumb stuff to impede your progress. The more time you spend fighting through the pack of poor driving drivatars, the further the top 2 - 3 get from the pack. Makes it seem like they’re cheating, but that’s not the case.

4 Likes

I wondered why the AI deliberately hit the brakes mid corner, it’s too slow you down

Yeah, it’s annoying when that happens. I know it’s good to have some variance in times across the grid, but too often it feels like you need to get past “moving roadblocks” quickly or you don’t have much hope of fighting for the win.

1 Like

I noticed this too but haven’t dug in too much. But yeah the lap times don’t add up. It doesn’t make sense. Something is wrong (shocker) or the AI is “cheating”. Now I know why we do get lap by lap detail timing pages…

(2 x 60) + 28 = 148 seconds

148 x 5 laps = 740 seconds

740 / 60 = 12.333 minutes

0.333 minutes x 60 = 20 seconds

12mins 20 seconds.

Not sure where you go your numbers from?

Haha dude. I botched the math horribly. But how can you ask that when the same number is right in front of you?? Lollll. All good. My shame. Anyways… this makes the AIs average 2:29ish which makes sense. All settled. I’ll keep this thread up for future complainers like myself lol.

2 Likes