IS IT NORMAL???

HI, I HAD A FORZA HORIZON 2 GAME INSTALLED IN MY XBOX360, …IT WENT SMOOTHLY, THERE WAS NO PROBLEM, BUT LATER I HAVE NOT A CLUE HOW LATE FROM FIRST INSTALL, THE GAME BECAME BEING FROZEN, JUST IN THE MOMENT WHEN I GET IN THE MENU AND WANTED TO CHANGE MY CAR, JUST WHEN I CLICKED THE MY CARS FOLDER, THE WHOLE GAME GOT FROZEN SO THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE TO DO JUST TO RESTART THE CONSOLE…I TRIED TO REINSTALL THE GAME BUT THE SECOND ATTEMPT TO INSTALL FAILED AS THERE WAS WRITTEN THAT THE DISC IS EITHER DIRTY OR SRATCHED…FIRST THOUGHS WERE THAT MAYBE THE DVD WAS NOT CLEAN…SO I CLEANED, WITH SOFT CLOTH AND TRIED AGAIN AND THIS STUPID PROBLEM OCCURED, SO I LOOKED UP PROPERLY ON THE DISC AND I SAW THE SCRATCH THAT WAS NOT TOO DEEP OR BIG, BUT I THOUGHT THAT THIS IS THE POSSIBLE REASON…SO I SMASHED THE GAME TO THE GARBAGE…AND BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE BUT THE PRE OWNED AS IT CAME IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, NO SCRATCH, , SIMPLY NICE CLEAN DISC…I INSTALLED THE GAME, THERE WAS NO PROBLEM, BUT THIS PROBLEM OCCURED DURING THE GAME IN ONE HOUR OF PLAY…SO, I DELETED THE GAME AND TRIED TO PLAY NOT FROM THE HDD BUT FROM DVD…NOTHING HAPPENED FOR WHILE…BUT THIS FREEZING KEEPS OCCURING ONLY WHEN I WANTED TO ACCESS TO MY CARS…JUST ONCE HAD FROZEN DURING GAME…BUT NOW I WILL KEEP AN EYE HOW IT BEHAVES WHEN GAME IS BEING PLAYED FROM DVD NOT FROM HDD… P L E A S E HELP OR SOME ADVICE WHAT IS GOING ON…IT IS NOT NORMAL AS IT OCCURED IN THE SAME PLACE ON TWO DISCS…THANK YOU EVERYONE…

Have you tried clearing your console’s memory cache? Doing so can rectify issues.

In the future, could you please release Caps Lock? Thanks.

3 Likes

WHY YOU NO PARAGRAPHS!!!..

…AND ALL CAPS, WHY?!

If you’ve installed the game, the DVD is only used to check ownership. the game then runs from the installation file. Have you attempted to clear your cache?

You may have a problem with your file installation if it’s occurring on the same place on two discs? Have you tried deleting the instal from your console and doing a re-install? I would clear the cache between uninstalling and re-installing.

1 Like

If the 360 is standing up on it’s side, this can occasionally cause an issue with DVD scratching. If possible, make sure it is laying flat. If it is flat, you might want to try cleaning the DVD drive. Worst-case scenario, you might have a bad drive that is scratching the disc… I hope it’s not that, though.

2 Likes

there is some trick with a popsicle stick, paper towels, and a band aid that helps clean disk drives but I think it’s only for slot loading like the Wii, ps3/4, and XBONE.

EDIT: Try this

1 Like

My brain hurts…

6 Likes

Why ur brain hurts? for CAPS LOCK? … sorry for that…really…wasnt purpose…

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I want to apologize for my “CAPS LOCK” writing, as I did not realise …it was not in purpose…I just forgot to turn off the caps lock…really sorry if I got annoyed someone here…I was just desperate and really did not realise about that…sorry again…and thanks for advices… :/… I am not either from USA or UK…so my apologises for any mistakes here… anyway I had cleared the cache, also xbox is laying flat and dvd is clean with original soft cloth for dvds…I will try to delete, clear cache and install again…If that occures again, I really do not know what then…really dont want to buy another disc…Thanks everyone for your advices ,I respect that… :wink:

Hopefully removing the dta, clearing the cache and reinstalling should resolve the issue. As I said in my first post - if you install the game to the HDD then the disc is only used for DRM purposes. After an authorization check, the game runs off the HDD.

You said two separate discs have both caused the same issue in the exact same place which leads me to believe the issue itself could have been on the installation file.

One thing you may try is this actually - uninstall the game from your Xbox and clear the cache. Put in the disc and play - see how it runs? If it runs well, install the game and continue playing. If there’s an issue - we’ll go from there.

1 Like

Hi, I uninstalled the game, also checked that the disc is clean as it was, and installed again…

.this problem keeps occuring all the time in the same place but what is weird, that when I just drive in free roam, I pass some distance, for example I start driving from the roundabout, after some distance I want to change my car, and when I go to menu and to “MY CARS” , then it get frozen …

Afterward as I have to restart the console, I launch the game again, my car appears back at the roundabout where I launched my car to drive…I hope I explain it clearly…it looks like the distance I drive is not saved to the HDD, because normally when I finish the game, turn off the console, and turn the console back on, normally the car appears there where I stopped last time…its ok, but not when gets frozen…I dont understand…maybe the HDD is faulty or what? but it happens only with this game, not other games …

PLEASE HELP …thanks in advance…

No, typing walls of text in all caps is NOT normal.

Aren’t you supposed to start at a car park or Forza hub? I have the Xbox One version so I’m unsure there.

At this point though, I do highly suggest you email Turn 10 at fozafb@microsoft.com and contact Xbox Support.

Hm, no, I have x360 version as it is very different…even with details like I cant to go through wooden henges with car, but in x one version you can brake them easily, when you go through… just this i would welcome as i can really go everywhere with car, but when I come to some wooden henges, I cant brake them…sad…

but lets come back to the problem, when I launch the game again, my car appears where I last stopped…not in the Horizon hub - car park…maybe this is next difference of many others between xone and x360 version…
I just contacted xbox support and explained exactly what is problem, they were very courteous, and told me they will forward my issue to the game developer straight away, and apparently they will contact me somehow…and hopefully will fix this problem…
.I think that I am not only one who has this problem, or? I dont know…some fix patch would maybe help…xbox support told me that this is specific game issue as the freezing of game happens only with this game and not others…that is true, no other game freezes, just FH2… weird, not?

I tried everything…uninstalling, clearing system cache, installing back on, playing it, with and without game install, problem come back always…anyway, I love this game, also forza 4, great great games…I love them, even FH2 is different, as the main details i understand, that the x360 cant manage the points that are suitable for xone, but only this could be the same, that you can go everywhere with car, also through the fences, henges, and break pallettes on airport, and also I would welcome to have more body parts to customize car…rims, spoilers, hoods, rear and front bumpers…for all cars…I cant wait for fast furious standalone expansion…uuuuh…cant wait…I am looking forward a lot…

.so, thank you for advices, , but state here something if you know something else…thanks…

…and sorrry for this shit caps lock, now I know it is very stupid to read it…

PARAGRAPHS PLEASE?

Xbox Support DOES NOT support individual games like Forza Horizon. The correct support is from the developer email at forzafb@microsoft.com, and these forums for what we do with pier support on most problems. Xbox Support is for Xbox Live and related issues. As others have mentioned, the car change issue on the Xbox 360 version is known already.

The caplock ramble says he’s using the 360, if so, then freezing while changing cars is a known issue and very searchable on the forum

Hi, I contacted Turn10 about the game issue as you guys recommended also at xbox support and this has arrived:

Thank you for contacting Turn 10 Studios. Due to the volume of mail we receive, we cannot individually respond to all e-mails sent to us. If you have a question about a Xbox LIVE or Forza Motorsport Terms of Service, please see the following links:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/LiveTOU

So both refers to each other amd now what to do? How it works then as the issue keeps occuring and I don’t know who will solve this? Is it going to be like this or how? Please advice me…has anyone an experience with this or was anything solved by this way? Thanks a lot…

Probably best to talk to Sumo Digital about this issue if anyone, since they made the game. Unfortunately for us, they don’t care about the game anymore either, so I wouldn’t expect a fix.

1 Like

Hm…looks like…I really don’t know what to think.

…anyway x360 was actually the console that launched Forza and gained so huge quantum of fans…made Forza famous and probably best game series ever and better than Need for speed series…I love forza a lot but this is not the way that is.supposed to be…

I understand that time goes on, modern session proceeds but fans that had " only" x 360 loved Forza because of the game…not because of console…so I hope they havent forgotten this point and will make fix without difference of the version…I Hope…I hope

Forza 1 was an original Xbox game, not 360.

It does seem silly that not much (if anything?) is actually being done to fix issues on the 360 version. Then again, 360 owners are lucky to have even gotten anything at all.

1 Like