Is it just me or the game is boring

I have played for 200 hours, all accolades almost done except the boring creative ones. Hot Wheels very underwhelming for me. No ranked games, no ranked team races, no team races in Horizon Open. It feels like the game is “contentless”. Only time i will play the game is once a week because of the playlist for now on. Disappointed :frowning:

11 Likes

And all Steam achievements done also to mention.

So being creative is boring for you? Maybe that’s the problem…
Do you really need to be told what to? Is it just about finishing accolades and achievements for you? This game is a sand box and full of possibilities. Why don’t you set your own goals? Did you already drive and tune every car in the game? Just explore and compete. Or play with a couple of friends…
Or go ahead and get every available badge in the game. That will keep you busy for some time…

So what have we got?

We’ve got a more expansive map(s). More creative opportunities. And that’s not nothing, that’s something.

Yet there’s seemingly far less online content to engage with compared to FH4 leaving FH5 feeling much lighter. Even the arcade in FH5 is weaker than the hustle and bustle of FH4’s arcade.

And that’s what we’ve got I think.

Can they recover that energy with DLCs and the like? I don’t see it. I just hope they’re thinking deeply about FH6. And leave silly rationales like ranking being “toxic” outside of their thinking.

5 Likes

FH4 catered for competitive racing/drifting. FH5 does not. This has been a big disappointment for many, whereas others don’t care and don’t want it back. Those players that don’t care won’t understand until the main reason they play is taken away. So if you mainly play to tune cars or mainly play to design liveries then imagine they removed this. GG

8 Likes

599 hours here :slight_smile:

Yeah Horizon 4 was more engaging for serious players with ranked racing, a better map, hourly forzathons where you actually could be with other players. Horizon 5 whilst looking pretty fails in many areas.

7 Likes

I really do think i have wasted my money tbh

2 Likes

Nah man. I would like the game to be competitive because im that myself. I liked alot to play ranked in teams in FH4 and i would keep playing for a long time if we had that. FH4 was more of a game to me tbh.

3 Likes

Yes and the game has some rather annoying bugs.

1 Like

It’s been a year of doing the bare minimum for festival reward cars and a very short hot wheels expansion. Even the map feels dead compared to FH4 which had way more players driving around.

This game owns the arcade racing genre though with no real competition.

5 Likes

Try some EventLab stuff if you ever get bored. It’s kept me in this game for a while now. If you like drifting, ChrisRuggier076 makes some fantastic recreations of real drift tracks.

I think EventLab was the intended endgame content for FH5 with the lack of any ranked, competitive racing or drifting. I can’t see anything else that would fall under that.

2 Likes

Grind online races and prove you’re the best.

2 Likes

Sad but true

1 Like

Ah, well… you got 200 hours out of it. That’s more than reasonable. Probably could’ve stopped 100 hours ago.

3 Likes

I really think the game is just “too user friendly”.

2 Likes

Get past the power/weight disparities, grip inbalance, incompetent insecure ramming playerbase and then yeah maybe for an hour or so, you’ll achieve said approval.

(from about 2 people)

1 Like

Just hang tight until next year, when the next DLC comes out, surely that will provide us with 1-2 days of new content…

5 Likes

I’m optimistically hoping for a week!

1 Like

The sandboxy approach hurts the game. While I agree that, in racing games, we make our own objectives most of the time, in FH the point of the game is literally to roam around. It’s almost not even a game, just a virtual automotive sandbox. The dilution of the competitive aspect has intensified this issue. If the Playlist didn’t exist, there would be no incentive to play the game, and the Playlist itself is barely an incentive with how annoying some of the chores are.

Yes, I could paint and take pictures. No, I don’t have time to learn how to paint in Forza with that archaic editor, especially when GT lets me import external files and doesn’t limit me to Mexico when taking photos. Even The Crew has a more varied map.

I can see how such a game gets boring to people who play games to trophy hunt or prefer games with linear progression instead of loops.

5 Likes

Hahahaha, It has a “press accelerate to compete” mode. Or colloquially called the “Games Journalist” Difficulty. It is indeed too accessible, Its attempting to reach as broad an audience as possible. It alienates its actual audience who are committed to the franchise. Many such cases.

8 Likes