Info request re: lowered suspension requests in Suggestions Hub

Over in the Suggestions Hub there are multiple topics regarding lowered suspension on vehicles that I am looking at consolidating. Before I do that I would like to hear from the communities about their particular interest in related features.

I’m considering merging/separating topics to focus ideas on:

• Drift suspension for all cars that allows tuning to Forza Drift suspension levels
  • A new suspension upgrade that allows slamming cars lower than Forza Drift suspension
  • Increased camber tuning settings
  • Activating air suspension in free roam

Cleaning up these topics can help the dev teams understand how they could approach adding these features.

For the moment, leave aside any camber or activations requests and just focus on the ride height:

• Are the folks asking for Drift suspension for pickups and slammed suspension for cars both interested in the same thing - getting the body low to the ground - or is there a difference in what truck fans want vs what stance fans want?
    • Would adding Forza’s Drift suspension to trucks satisfy truck fans or is this essentially a request for the ability to lower the car below what any of the current FH5 suspension upgrades allow?
    • If clipping were a dev concern that prevented lowering cars any further, would Drift suspension be acceptable for the truck fans who don’t currently have that option?

Now including camber in the discussion:

• Does the request for Drift suspension include the desire for greater camber, or are players requesting Drift suspension because that’s the current option that allows the car to go lower than Race or Rally suspension?
  • Are pickup truck fans interested in camber and stance? Or just ride height?

Now including activations in the discussion (as in NFS Heat):

• Is the ability to activate air suspension in free roam (rather than via tuning menu) vital to this suspension request? As in “give us both the lowered height AND activating suspension, or don’t bother giving either.” Would an otherwise lowered suspension mostly satisfy the request for “air suspension” or is that request mostly about the activation? (in which case this would be a separate idea, considering the button mapping involved.)
  • Is the request for air suspension related to hopping/bouncing lowriders? or more about the more subtle slamming action?
4 Likes

i want to slam the 86 f150

1 Like

@CobraJett2013 can you copy/paste the questions I posed and answer each of them to help me understand your particular interest in slammed suspension?

"For the moment, leave aside any camber or activations requests and just focus on the ride height:

Are the folks asking for Drift suspension for pickups and slammed suspension for cars both interested in the same thing - getting the body low to the ground - or is there a difference in what truck fans want vs what stance fans want?"

Adding both Racing suspension and Drift suspension with long travel. Meaning, when equipping the suspension will be slammed down to lowest level, with the ability to raise the vehicle ground clearance considerably. Like the case with Plymouth Fury, 64 Impala, Ford F100 and others.
This would satisfy both demands of slammed trucks (Picups & SUVs) and the race+drift function.

“Would adding Forza’s Drift suspension to trucks satisfy truck fans or is this essentially a request for the ability to lower the car below what any of the current FH5 suspension upgrades allow?”

Satisfy the demand should the hight adgusment be extremely wide range like from 3 inches to 15 inches.

“If clipping were a dev concern that prevented lowering cars any further, would Drift suspension be acceptable for the truck fans who don’t currently have that option?”

Yes, given that a 4 speed Drift transmission will be available for all vehicles even when selecting to keep 4WD.

"Now including camber in the discussion:

Does the request for Drift suspension include the desire for greater camber, or are players requesting Drift suspension because that’s the current option that allows the car to go lower than Race or Rally suspension?"

Steering angle is major factor preventing us from getting good scores in Drift zones when driving trucks.

"Are pickup truck fans interested in camber and stance? Or just ride height?
Both.

Now including activations in the discussion (as in NFS Heat):

Is the ability to activate air suspension in free roam (rather than via tuning menu) vital to this suspension request? As in “give us both the lowered height AND activating suspension, or don’t bother giving either.” Would an otherwise lowered suspension mostly satisfy the request for “air suspension” or is that request mostly about the activation? (in which case this would be a separate idea, considering the button mapping involved.)
Is the request for air suspension related to hopping/bouncing lowriders? or more about the more subtle slamming action?"

It would be nice to have hight adjustment on the fly in freeroam. Good to have, but not necessary.

2 Likes

To sum up regarding slamming cars to the ground…

In my opinion the devs did something wrong for so much cars… When trying to low it to max most of the cars like the golf 6 r20 or the bmw e36 the the cars are getting into a wedge shape which looks pretty ugly!

For slamming cars to the ground it is neccessary that the front axle and the rear axle are going to be lowered at the same level!

As well the maxed out of lowness for drift or racesuspension IS NOT LOW ENOUGH!!!

2 Likes

Ok ill give some examples…
Its not 100% about low because FITMENT (wheelspacers) are also a really big problem in fh5

Here are some examples for lowered cars with nice fitment

hope this makes it more clear! :slight_smile:

Difficult one to find consensus on as there is so much crossover in the requirement. I think there are 2 camps in relation to stance and drift where suspension is concerned. I’m sure drift suspension setups could go a long way toward satisfying stance fans but I’m not sure the reverse is true as it’s a functional requirement rather than aesthetic. Trucks customisation currently doesn’t seem to cater for either.

My interest is in neither stance nor drift but the ability to adjust suspension settings on the fly is absolutely something I’d be interested in. Which I think presents an opportunity that could be appreciated by all fans. Many modern cars, have capabilities to adjust suspension. An example for instance the new Land Rover Defender which can adjust ride height, or even a Porsche GT3 RS that can stiffen the suspension in track mode. In terms of introducing a feature like this, if button mapping is a great concern then a pop up multi function display activated by a single button and then navigated with directional keys would be very useful for this (and many other on-the-fly car settings we would like to adjust like TCS etc)

2 Likes

My opinion:

1: Drift suspension for trucks (and other vehicles without drift suspension) is required regardless of ride height. Drifting is a category in which any car can participate, as much as drag racing. And in the real world, there are many pickups that have been customized for drifting, like DeBerti’s Silverado. Of course, drift suspension is not an essential part for drifting. But as a player who has enjoyed drifting with pickups and 4x4s in FH4 online, I would love to see the addition of a drift suspension that would allow me to drift at the same angles as other cars.

2: It doesn’t have to be a new suspension, but it would be nice to have a choice of ride heights lower than the drift suspension on many (or all) cars, ideally adding a suspension that can be lowered to slammed style, like the Impala and Chevy 150 in the Rod&Custom category.

3: Many truck fans want lower ride heights. But truck fans are not the only ones asking for it. Many vehicles in categories other than trucks also do not have the ability to lower their ride height very much. Including such cars, we need to visualize opinions from the community, such as a poll of “models that need lowered suspension” to see which cars are most in need of such suspension, and based on that, add lowered suspension to the appropriate cars.

4: My opinion, many game developers are too afraid of tire clipping more than the players think. As if visual clipping of tires is a fatal glitch that destroys the game. To put it bluntly, players like me who want low ride heights don’t care about that. We adjust ride height and spring rates if we don’t like clipping. There is a lot of clipping on cars that already exist in the game to begin with. Would we as a community have made a big deal about it?

5: Air suspension? No. I love air suspension and hydraulics, but all I want is to drive a slammed car. Even if it can be lowered only when stopped, that is only useful in photo mode. Of course, if you add a new suspension that allows for a low enough ride height, and then as an additional option for players who want an even lower ride height, I don’t disagree.

Hopping and bouncing is an interesting idea, and as a lowrider fans I have even emulated it in photo mode, but I don’t think it’s a feature I want in Forza. If I want to enjoy those features, I will play GTAV.

Here is my personal opinion. What I especially want developers to be aware of is that the opinion of wanting to add drift suspension and the opinion of wanting a lower ride height are not similar.
Of course, drift suspension is the best option to achieve the latter, but there is a group of players who want the former, and their main objective is to improve their performance to be able to drift on equal terms with other cars in online lobby and leaderboards.

2 Likes

i dont understand why we have to create such useless discussion… its so simple just the slider to lower cars for 15cm more and everybody is happy including me :wink:

AND change the wheel spacers to stepless configuration!!!

3 Likes

The way Forza works with upgrades, They literally cannot have sliders. Everything is either a tuning menu slide value or a static step as install parts. Goes back to the structure of the engine, and how inflexible it is for the devs to implement changes like dynamic spacing and adjustments inside upgrades.

1 Like

adjusting the ride height is adjustable with a slider?! Just set the lowest point on the slider even WAY MORE lower :slight_smile:

Dialogue between devs and players is never useless.

As for me, I don’t have anything to add about suspensions (not my field of interest, perhaps apart from ability to raise suspension more in rally cars or other 4x4 models with rallying capabilities), but I wanted to say that I appreciate this thread very much. I hope for similar discussions on other matters in the future :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I say yes to any new suspension features, slams and lifts, whatever

1 Like

Personally I just hate that you can turn any car into an offroader but you can’t turn many offroaders into road cars.

Beyond that I don’t really care and I think there are far greater concerns for the game than this.

2 Likes

Clarification:
This is not to request feedback about whether players want or don’t want these features.
This is not offering any greater chance of these features being added.
This is only asking for feedback from the players asking for these specific features to understand their specific interests for the purpose of cleaning up duplicate topics.

5 Likes

if this is not offering any greater chance to get this feature implented, why we are discussing here?

1 Like

I don’t know how to make it any clearer than repeating This is only asking for feedback from the players asking for these specific features to understand their specific interests for the purpose of cleaning up duplicate topics.

5 Likes

I think its not clear for most of us because you would think it would be a discussion within the suggestions relating to all those who are making such suggestions. Even myself. Seems very odd to make such a specific topic in the general when you guys made specific areas for discussing suggestions.

anyone from the devs already working on this?