Improve Headlight Illumination

I drive in cockpit and sometimes at night, it is difficult to see corners without track limits or braking line on because it is too dark. There are a lot of track lights on these tracks and track light illumination seems to have improved since the game was launched. But track lighting doesn’t cover everything and can even add shadows making certian parts of teh track even darker.

I’ve included a video linked here to show the difference betwen this game and Automobilista 2. You’ll notice AMS 2 has very little track lighting, and the ones it does have barely illuminate anything. It doesn’t really matter though, because the headlights are so bright, I can easily see down the road to my turn in and braking points. This comparison video starts with Forza, then AMS2, and then the 2 together at Spa focusing on Blanchimont and the braking zone for the bus stop chicane.

There is so much trakc lighting, that it can be hard to tell what your headlights are even illuminating, they are so weak in comparison. But you will notice how much farther AMS2 headlights illuminate down the road. The braking marker I use for the bus stop is easy to see. On Forza I could only tell where it was because of the testing freeplay pylons black silhouette. The other thing AMS2 does better, is the headlights give off illumination outside the frontal cone, slowly dispersing, but still bright enough to illuminate quite a bit to the right and left, and when needed, up and down. The forza headlights literally stop illuminating in a straight line along its cone.

TLDR - Forza headlights need to be brighter, have farther reach and better light dispersal to the sides like real headlights do. This is important for all players, but especially those of us that drive from cockpit or hood views. Headlights are more important than the track lighting, because despite their brightness and how many of them there are, they don;t get everything and in some cases cause shadows that make it worse.

Absolutely :100:

Voted!

1 Like

This annoys me to no end. If you want to drive without aids it is impossible to see corners properly with just the patchy street lights.

1 Like