I am going to pass.

• 700+ cars, half of which are badly broken, handle like bath tubs on wheels, and the rest are useless (rally cars that have no rally tracks to race on, or pointless standard road cars).

• Developers never fix bugs, even 6 months after you report them.

• Add more cars, add more bugs, add more cars… Endless cycle.

• Online races filled with kiddies wall riding and corner bombing, because the penalty system is trash and the devs ignore it, because they only care about selling more copies of the game.

That was my entire experience with Forza Motorsport 7, so what reason is there to buy the new Forza Motorsport?

I always thought Forza Motorsport was supposed to be Microsoft’s Gran Turismo or Assetto Corsa, but it’s not even close to the quality of either of those.

I just started playing Project Cars 3, and despite all the bad publicity it has fewer bugs than FM7 and the online races are nowhere near as toxic.

TL:DR - No way in hell am i dropping £100+ on another Forza Motorsport game.

3 Likes

I feel you. I am new to motorsport and started with 7 a few weeks ago. It does feel like bathtubs. Assetto corsa and project cars handle better on a controller simply because they don’t try to choke you with unwanted “assists”. In spite of all that, I came and bought this game because my computer is getting old and it can’t handle games like ACC and PC2 very well. I can get 60fps if I turn every setting to lowest and even then I get stutters. So, just for the sake of having a game that can run well without looking ugly and to avoid setting my laptop on fire, I picked up this thing on sale(17USD).
All things considered, for outdated setups, forza is the only thing to fall back on. Good sims are too resource intensive and very few people have powerful PCs.

1 Like

I will also not be getting the new Forza Motorsport day 1, I am a huuuuge Forza Motorsport fan and have been playing since the first game in 2005. I bought the Collector’s Editions for 2, 3, 4 & 5.

But after the absolute total joke of a release that we were given in 2017 (I was one of the idiots that bought the $100.00 “Ultimate” Edition), I will not make that mistake ever again. They shoulda sent out Dunce caps with the Ultimate Edition. Forza Motrosport 6 was awesome and a far superior game to 7, I spent hours and hours and hours playing it AND it’s 2 expansions, which 7 did not get because they released such a messed up joke of a game, that they had to spend all their resources fixing it instead of giving us new content.

I will wait till this hits the bargin bin

6 Likes

I will also not be getting the new Forza Motorsport day 1, I am a huuuuge Forza Motorsport fan and have been playing since the first game in 2005. I bought the Collector’s Editions for 2, 3, 4 & 5 as well as the Xbox One Forza Motorsport 6 Edition Console.

But after the absolute total joke of a release that we were given in 2017 (I was one of the idiots that bought the $100.00 “Ultimate” Edition), I will not make that mistake ever again. They shoulda sent out Dunce caps with the Ultimate Edition. Forza Motrosport 6 was awesome and a far superior game to 7, I spent hours and hours and hours playing it AND it’s 2 expansions, which 7 did not get because they released such a messed up joke of a game, that they had to spend all their resources fixing it instead of giving us new content.

I will wait till this hits the bargin bin

I feel you pain. I too was one of the idiots that paid for the Ultimate Forza 7. I would have have more enjoyment just flushing the extra money down the toilet and watching it spiral down. What a waste for money.

After the long delay waiting for Forza 8 I am beginning to loose interest in the next Motorsport. I am also considering Project Cars 3. I have numerous other driving games already to keep me entertained during these fun days of 2020.

1 Like

after the rushed mess that was fm7, a delay is needed so they have enough time to perfect the game so we enjoy it.

1 Like

What’s bad about M7? What is good about PC3? PC2 is better in any way I guess. PC2 is very hard to beat in many aspects but it’s not for everybody like M is.

I thought Motorsport 7 a good game and was fun. I would prefer a better career mode with a progression aspect. It’s the extra money for the ultimate edition that was a waste of money. In the past games there was better content added with the ultimate edition.

I did buy PC3. I wanted to try it in VR. It’s ok I guess, but it is not in the Forza Motorsport league.

Exactly. M7 has flaws but it’s important to check the competition. M7 could be the best game on the market. It mostly depends on what you care about but it’s very good game.

PC2 weather is unbeatable but I don’t know any other game with it. Still M7 has dynamic weather. Where is other competition?

I just don’t think M7 is as bad as competition so it’s not fair to talk about passing. Next time you can try Grid to see what competition can. PC3 content is from PC1 and PC2 and with removed good stuff, I don’t think that’s the right way for any series.

Interested to see how the next Forza turns out however I think it needs to add support for VR on the PC. Currently doing some time trialing on 7 but really missing VR support from other games.

In terms of the series I still play FM3 on the 360 as in terms of a game this for me is the pinnacle of the series. Great tracks, Amalfi Coast, Fujimi Kaido and Rally di Positano are three of my point to point favourites. Recent releases for me miss the variety of tracks and too many cars. Tracks are more important than volume of cars for me. Anyhow the next release is on GamePass anyway so if you subscribe to that you will get it as part of that service.

Totally with ya man. It’s also frustrating to see all the fresh content for horizon 4 and we’re over here just left out driving stale cars on stale tracks. It’s sad when Wreckfest has better feel than this. I’ve been a Forza fan since Motorsport 3 and truly love the series, I feel like Turn10 just ghosted us.

3 Likes

Forza 7 was a total debacle. I gave it a chance until the end … and it never delivered. To learn that the next version of Forza Motorsports will not support Xbox One and will be exclusive to the Series series (who the heck was allowed to name these consoles, btw) is beyond the final nail in the coffin.

I recently bought my Xbox One X (for a LOT of money) and there is no value prop for the new consoles to make it worth shelling out that same amount again.

I don’t care for a few extra frames per second.

Your game was totally broken in v7. It would have been nice for you to have fixed it so that it was enjoyable to play.

You’ve lost me from your franchise forever.

Pathetic.

Sorry, but I have to give you some part of the blame here for buying a console ‘recently’ that’s 8 years into its platform life cycle that’s nearing the end of its life and expecting the next generation of games to work on it and continue to be developed for it. Bad decision if you ask me.

3 Likes

Gran Turismo is not simulator, and Assetto Corsa has almost no production cars. The best part of Assetto Corsa are mods, where you can get old BMW 5 and stretch it on long (10 km) twisted road with traffic.

I’m fine with Forza cars and how they drive (very similar to Assetto Corsa), but AI… One of the worst I’ve seen.
Almost every first lap is turning into AI pile and you hitting rewind 5 times in every turn. Sometimes AI just drives into you on straight line and continue pushing like some madman. Maybe 24 cars is too much? I don’t remember such troubles in Forza 2 with 8 cars total.

In Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa AI is much better.

Bro we have Game Pass. You don’t have to waste jack to try this game.

1 Like

I’ll almost certainly take any FM game over Assetto Corsa. That game doesn’t have any cars I’m interested in, and it handles awful on a controller.

If PC3 comes to Game Pass or I ever catch it on Free Play Days I’ll give it a shot. The previous two games were garbage, but from what I’ve seen about 3, a lot of the complaining has been from fans of the garbage being upset that it’s been cleaned up a bit, so to speak.

In any case, the new FM will allegedly be on Game Pass, so even though I plan on playing it it’s likely I won’t be buying it.

No it doesn’t. You just need to understand how the controller adjustments work. I use the FULL steering rotation in cockpit view on the controller and how I wish Forza had this feature in cockpit view. Just PM me and I’ll share my settings. I literally have full control over my car in AC and drive it however I want - the way Forza should have been from day one.

Lol! Previous 2 were garbage??? How so?

One of the best sims to date on a console.

the standard road cars are what made the early FM games amazing. if you want straight up GT cars go to one of the many games that only do that.

1 Like

The (default) handling on controller was very bad. Especially PC1. There was a FWD car that felt like a slippery RWD car. And that’s before taking into account the track geometry issues that would arbitrarily cause cars to flip into the air.