Hot Wheels Expansion May 9

Did you read what you wrote? Shish, m8 think sometimes… Only wrong thing there is what you said - you cant sell DLC car easy if you are not the elite painter/tuner… About first question - I asked about version of BLC Mini not only speculated. If you have problem with that - your choice. But I must say that you make problems where they not exist.

You should re-read what you wrote. The bold portion states, you stand up on the HE as a reward for all medals in the Expansion. So to answer your question, yes I did read what you wrote.

No HE edition Cooper. It was just the regular one and they don’t give it to you at the end of the game either. I have all stars, beat the golliath, but go no other reward. Honestly that was the main reason I played it for as long as I did…hoping to get the HE Cooper, but sadly nothing.

Anyone else having trouble doing one of the dangersigns? It’s the one which flings your car about a trillion mph through the air pointing upwards thus resulting in a failed jump. Only tried about 9394537204 times so maybe 9394537205 times will be the charm…!

1 Like

Do it from the other direction into the half pipe

I seriously think that T10/PG is trolling me. I’ve complained about a lack of SC whine on the Hellcats since the FM6 release and now they introduce the Trailcat in the HW Expansion and it still doesnt have the SC sound, but they did give the twin mill a SCd sound. I know most of you dont care but this is it for me. It was a simple fix just to show that they cared but apparently they dont so with that and after 8 Forza Motorsport/Horizon games and now Im ready to move on. Time to see what GTS has cooked up for me.

BTW the HW Expansion is stupid, but i deserve it because i bought the season pass with the second expansion unannounced. Do not beleive them when they said it was unplanned, they knew what they were going to do before release… they knew itll be controversial and wouldnt sell if pre announced. Goodbye Forza it was fun for a while.

-Sdot

I like the new area because I have to learn to tune the cars for better grip and handling. I wouldnt recommend corner bombing because you’ll bomb your @ss right off the track. I LIKE THAT lol

2 Likes

Gave the hotwheels expansion a try and it wasn’t as bad as I had feared. I might even call it entertaining. That is, until I got to the class requirements forcing me to go above A-class. With PR stunts I managed to get to the finals without doing an S-race, but unfortunately that is also S2. Maybe it’s my lacking skillset, but to me there are no tracks in FH3 that warrant anything faster than A-class. You either never get up to speed, or you’re playing bumper car.
Extra troublesome with the HW expansion, is that the braking line is even less useful than in the other parts of FH3. It’s either completely missing (especially on the blue parts) or it’s overly optimistic (or pessimistic) about my cars grip. Or it’s hardly visible with red on orange. I didn’t manage a single lap getting close to clean.
So with me continuously wiping out in the first turn of the goliath race, or seeing most of the other cars disappear in the distance after that turn, I think the disc goes back in the case and I resume my wait for FM7.

Ah yes that wonderful breaking line and oh how well it stands out red on orange, if there at all in the first place I just ignored it after a bit and hoped I could just catch the braking spot in time. And once you start to slide that’s it hello wall. But I did learn that if you jump a Bently 10 speed with no spoilers it will land on it rear bumper, why all you see is sky through the windscreen, wondering if you will actuall land on track or in the Ocean.

Ha ha, I just might give that a try. Should be an experience :slight_smile:

This is where we comment on the Hot Wheels expansion?

I HATE IT! Really don’t have one positive thing to say about it. And that is okay, it just isn’t my cup of tea. I am sure others probably love it. But Forza dropped the ball here. I dislike anything above B class and this pretty much demands S classes. Same thing with Blizzard mountain since snow tires push everything up to A at least in most cases which is part of a more fundamental problem.

All of the car packs sucked too because all of the cars suck. All of the cars suck because of the AI which ruins all lower classes by having power so cheap and handling so expensive. I am probably done with Forza in the future if this is the direction they are going.

For me the perfect game would be Horizon 2 with blueprints and online racing class selection. That would be awesome! The Horizon 2 cars were much fun to build and drive. Lower classes were ultra fun unlike Horizon 3. I would love to think the developers are learning from the AI miss steps and the expansion disasters spawned in part from the AI horribleness. This game is a woulda, coulda, shoulda but misses everywhere.

5 Likes

Yea the driving line is pretty useless whith HW. It definitely does not do a good job telling me when to brake. Alot of the tine its not even there like i shouldnt be breaking. But that is never the case. I really like the tracks, not so much the HW cars. They dont grip very well at all. But all the new banks and crazy turns and such do add a new difficulty to the game that you will, im sure, get used to. I still havent yet. Its hard

1 Like

Glad not to be going through that issue. I havent used any assists since the first Horizon. Its much more fun that way, at least to me. Makes you have to learn those routes and car control if it starts to swing out too far

Nice to see some other adults around the forums lol

1 Like

That is absolutely the best way of doing things, but I only tried that with FM6. The FH tracks surprise me to much. If I spent more time with the game, I might be able to do this without assists as well, but I don’t have the time anymore to both learn the track and progress through the game.

I actually shouldn’t be doing this to begin with. In my PC days I jokingly referred to console controllers as ‘carpal tunnel devices’. Turns out, for me, that wasn’t that far from the truth. It isn’t really bad, but I have to be careful. So those visual aids are really welcome.

1 Like

I can’t believe I bought the expansion pass back in October last year and this is what I get for waiting!?! Considering all the track looks exactly the same textures and look, only difference is colour, I’d say this was a quick job done in a rush. it’s sooooo boring. This should of been made into a game of its own for kids. I was so hoping for something like storm island. It’s kinda made a mockery on what I thought was a serious racing game series. Now it looks like a joke. Tempted to go and buy ps4 pro and GT Sport. Fuming that I paid for this garbage. They better sort it out for FM7 or I’m off!!!

3 Likes

Yeah I’m sure they threw this whole thing together in maybe a few weeks…not. My Lord, these complaints never cease to amaze me.

6 Likes

Fuming over a few dollars spent on a videogame expansion that you really had no idea whether you’d like it or not when you paid for it? I’m sure you have spent more money on a dinner date or at the cinema that left you more disappointed than what you spent on this expansion.

When you spend money on something you don’t know how it’s going to play out, it’s always a risk. Some times it works out, some times it doesn’t. That’s life.

4 Likes

Horizon is not meant to be taken serious, you took a risk when your purchased the pass and could have easily waited to see what it would come with. Stop acting like a child.

11 Likes

Quick question. When looking at the map while driving, what is the orange dotted line mean. I know it is some kind of route to follow, but to where?

IIRC dotted areas are places where you can leave and re-join the track to do a bit of exploring (for XP boards and some of the stunts)

2 Likes