Homologation in 2023 Motorsport is worse than the previous game

In FM7 there was an option to homologate the car. If you added custom upgrades a little warning would appear telling you the car doesn’t meet the restrictions. In the new 2023 motorsport, when building a car outside a game mode, it doesn’t tell you if you are exceeding division restrictions, and then whilst in an online homologated game mode, it doesn’t give the option to upgrade the car at all.

Let’s say Forza GT devision for example. In the old game I knew R835 was the max performance index and if I exceeded that, if I remember correct a little warning triangle would appear. If you did this whilst in a homologated lobby, a warning would appear and it would give you the option to homologate.

In the new game, okay joining a Forza GT online lobby it will automatically homologate, but then it means I don’t know what upgrades it applied or removed and so I can’t test in an offline single player mode. In single player it does not tell me if I breach the restrictions or not.

I think this needs correcting in short. I think it was actually more or less perfect the way it was in the old game. I think the upgrades system overall is more confusing now because it doesn’t provide context to how your upgrades effect whether you meet restrictions or not. It means between racing in online homologated and offline single player, the car isn’t guarenteed to be the same car. I want to be able to build my car offline and guarentee it to be legal in an online homologated lobby.

If this has been changed because we no longer allow custom upgrades in homologated lobbies, fine, but at least allow the upgrade menu still so the player at least has visibility on what parts are being used in restricted lobbies. Make it so you can click through and what not, but everything is greyed out, or if you change something a click save, it warns you the car isn’t compatible and you have to revert.

Other than this, absolutely love the game! Especially car mechanics in cockpit, literally everything I hoped for despite the early bugs and slightly confusing quirks I must say. Other than that the game is actually amazing!

I agree, but when you load into a GT lobby, go to the tuning setup manager and save a stock tune, which you can load later and work on tuning from there. This can be a problem if the car doesn’t meet the required level for some parts.

I agree, we need some clear homologation, and the brand, model and division in one screen, at least in the garage, but also in the race set up menu events.

1 Like