Heavy Metal Affliction - 1951 Hudson Hornet

The legend of the Hudson Hornet and a beautifully restored Hornet with the NASCAR motor that helped it be the winningest car in stock car racing history.

John

1 Like

What a great article and what a beautiful car.

May I please make one correction to Jon Schommer’s excellent article? It is stated in the article that “Sadly, after 1957 Hudsons were nothing more than re-badged Nash models.”

It should read “Sadly, after 1954, Hudsons were nothing more than rebadged Nash models, and after 1957 were no longer produced.”

I might also add that while 1957 was the last year for both Nash and Hudson, AMC had actually considered continuing production of both Nash and Hudson, but eventually settled on using the name Ambassador by Rambler for their senior cars for 1958, which were just longer versions of their existing Rambler models.

Thank you
Douglas Predmore
(Former editor) American Motoring, the official publication of American Motors Owners Association.

1 Like

I would love to see Hudson and Nash cars to come to Forza as well as Packards and Studebakers

2 Likes

Thanks for the correction Doug! Fixed.

What an awesome car this is. and oldskool, I agree, I would love to see these cars in Forza(inthe case of the Hudson, again Forza 4). The licensing gets complicated as you might imagine though.

John

1 Like