Golf 7 R bodykit: And they messed up again

With great excitement I started up the game to take a look at the new bodykits and of course get immediately greeted by yet an other oversight issue aka mess up from the developer/QC.

I’m talking about these grey vents in the front bumper. As a painter things like these are really bothering me. Why aren’t the parts paintable or at least just simply black matching the grill? Who thought it’s a good idea to give them this colour that doesn’t even matches one of the manufacturer paint options? Why? Just why!?!

/edit: Btw, why can’t I find any real life photos with that specific bodykit? Does it even exist in reality?

I don’t think the developers and project managers on this game are car enthusiasts unfortunately

4 Likes

You can at least lay vinyls over them. so you can either make them the cars color or any other color and deal with the edges.
Guess the edges aren’t too bad if you spend a bit of adjusting your shapes.

1 Like

You can’t make them the car colour if it’s a more special paint like a metallic or matt one just for example.

Anyway, what you say is just a work around we’ve to implement ourself again. Why can’t they simply get things like this right from the start?

1 Like

True, wanted to make them look like carbon, so they match the sides, but black also works well in my case. And hopefully in most cases.

BTW: shared my black vents as a vinyl group. Sharecode: 473 908 858. If your expectations aren’t too high and you don’t want to give it a go yourself.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing but that doesn’t works if I want to create a design that I later want to share as you know. But maybe somebody else reads your post and can make use of the vinyl for private use.

i noticed the top of the front fenders on the widebody kit won’t accept livery layers and remain the base paint of the car. frustrating for those of us who made liveries for this car before the release of this kit.

Yes, AbsorbedSpy reported this in an other thread already. Simply frustrating.