Gift cars and special liveries in FH5 | Brazil Comic-Con livery NSX - November 2023

Gift Cars and special liveries from Forza

Following is an ongoing list of cars gifted to players from the Forza Community Team. Different from cars you can earn from gameplay menus, these cars are delivered to your Message Center in the My Horizon menu. Tab over to Gifts and select the GIFT CAR message.

Gift History

Nov 2021 Chevy Corvette DOTD livery
Porsche 918 Xbox 20th Anniversary livery
Dec 2021 Dodge Viper Ugly Sweater livery
Jan 2022 Peel P50 Secret Santa gift car; Isle of Man livery gifted in June
Chevy Camaro New Year livery
VW Baja Bug Kwik-Fit livery
Jeep Trailcat Halo livery
Jaguar E-Type Lunar New Year livery
Mar 2022 Nissan GT-R '95 (World Cup awards; no livery)
Bugatti Divo (World Cup awards; no livery)
M-Benz CLK-GTR (World Cup awards; no livery)
Apr 2022 BMW i8 Earth Day livery
Jun 2022 Pagani Zonda Cinque Pride livery
Aug 2022 Meyers Manx Bad Decisions livery
Oct 2022 NIO EP9 Petersen Museum art car livery share code
Oct 2022 Lexus LFA 100 Thieves livery
Oct 2022 Ford Raptor Age of Empires livery share code
Nov 2022 Ford Bronco MS Flight Simulator livery share code
Audi RS e-tron GT (no livery)
BMW M4 '21 (no livery)
Dec 2022 Lambo Sian Roadster Secret Santa gift
Jul 2023 Porsche Taycan Porsche Anniversary livery
Nov 2023 Acura NSX '17 Brazil Comic-Con livery

Important Notes About Gift Cars & Liveries

• The custom paint is not one of the manufacturer color options; if you choose to reset the car to default paint or paint over it or remove the car from your garage, the custom livery cannot be recovered.
  • You must press Download on the message to receive the car in your garage; if you Delete the message first, the car won’t automatically download and the message is gone. You will need to be below the garage car limit to receive the car.
  • The GIFT CAR message may not indicate that a special livery has been applied to it (though you may see more information from a message in the News tab), and when previewing My Cars, it may appear as a stock paint. To make the special livery appear in the My Cars preview, get in the car and either Reset Default Upgrades or save an upgrade (such as a differential), then exit to the menu. (This is a Known Issue being investigated.) Display before and after:

5 Likes

Chevrolet Corvette '20 with DĂ­a de Muertos livery

This car was first gifted to FH4 players in October, and then to FH5 players at launch.

https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1454085615306350592
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10/29/xbox-xolo-mariduena-day-of-the-dead/

Porsche 918 Spyder with Xbox Anniversary livery

This car was gifted to all players on November 15th to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Xbox.

https://twitter.com/ForzaHorizon/status/1460324064480931849

Just wondering if you can restore the unique livery the car came with?

No it’s lost, unless it is a shared design. You can search for it in liveries.

I found one in the Auction House for literally next to nothing after i gifted mine away before realizing it had a special livery.

Aw shoot, is that why I had two Corvettes? I think I gave mine away too.

Lucky me! It had diff PI so was keeping it but gifted the Porsche yesterday.
Whats the deal there you have to keep the car to keep the livery? No way to save in “my designs”?

If you remove it, it’s gone forever. These special liveries have been like that since FH4.

“Restore Default Paint” button not working on 918 Spyder 2014 Xbox 20th anniversary gift car
I wanted to see what customizing the paint would look like, and given that there was a “Restore Default Paint” button, I wasn’t too worried. Liveries are typically stored anyway (even when locked). However, when pressed “Restore Default Paint,” nothing happened. And the livery isn’t stored anywhere.

1 Like

Message Center Gift cars use the same factory default paint as collecting the car via its normal method; the custom paint is applied but cannot be saved, so when it’s removed it cannot be reapplied.

1 Like

That’s because that was essentially just a vinyl. If you go to change it, it will even tell you that it will be removed, and since it’s not available for download and can only COME on the car, the only way to get it back is to essentially have a player recreate it as a vinyl, or buy another one from the AH with it still on.

The default paint essentially IS a default paint, just with the anniversary design over top.

As stated before, the default factory paint button will work on the Forza Anniversary Gift Car, but because of the fact that this design is only a livery and not a factory paint, you have lost it forever now.

Dodge Viper ACR '16 with Ugly Sweater livery

Check your in-game messages! We just gifted the 2016 Dodge Viper ACR to all FH5 users with a custom Ugly Sweater livery applied.

It can be hard to tell which one it is in your garage because the My Cars menu just shows the standard livery. But view or get in the car and you’ll see the livery on it. If you save any upgrade part to the car (even a differential should work), and then the menu will show the livery in the preview.

If you want to keep the design, don’t paint over it! As a custom gift livery, it isn’t saved to your profile and can’t be reapplied if you remove it.

Also, to celebrate FH5 winning IGN’s 2021 Game of the Year Award, we’ve gifted everyone 5 Super Wheelspins.

6 Likes

That’s actually cool imo

Why is it always bundled to some car. Never using the viper and would be so much nicer on my mclaren :smiley: and yeah some snow

Thanks for this, that’s always bugged me a bit.

I gifted the car away as it said “Unkown” for original owner. I only want cars in my garage where I’m the original owner.

Well it is a bug, the car should appear in the garage with the right paint without having to do anything ourselves.

2 Likes

Lol, I tried to get the car first. Chose the car gift message, clicked download.
As a result, 5 Super Wheelspins message got deleted instead, the Gift car message remains and gives error when trying to claim. The car was actually added to my collection.
But I lost the wheelspins this way

QAing stuff is useful, try it sometimes