Gift cars and special liveries in FH5 | Brazil Comic-Con livery NSX - November 2023

It should, and is listed in the Identified and Investigating section of the Known Issues list at Forza Support.

Collecting the spins does require choosing “Spin Now” on the message in the Gifts tab of the Message Center. If nothing happened when you pressed that, and rebooting didn’t solve the issue, please submit a ticket so the team can log and investigate your details.

1 Like

I like it.

1 Like

Thanks for gifts, got the Viper, 2 weekly VIP SWS and 5 gift SWS.

Also got the Viper in FH4.

1 Like

Good to hear :+1:

Don’t hold your breath though, been there in FH 4 since … forever.

2 Likes

The Viper again? oh my. That car must be one of the most gifted and rewarded ones in the story of forza horizon 5 by now lol.

Granted, but I never realized there was a workaround. Which is at least something lol

Thanks, T10 and PG. I love the livery. The bonus spins were a nice bonus.

1 Like

A Viper is pretty much an ugly sweater on its own.

1 Like

Aaaand of course I deleted the message without redeeming the car. Reminder that in FM7 you couldn’t do that.

Not a big loss but, can I have it again? Please?

Chevrolet Camaro '69 with New Year livery

Happy New Year!

To celebrate and give your 2022 the head start it deserves, we’ve created a special livery for the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe as a gift for all Forza players!

Head to your in-game Messages and be sure to select Download on the GIFT CAR message in the gifts tab. This will add the car to your garage for you to enjoy.

Note:
*The My Cars preview menu image shows standard paint until you save an upgrade.
*Gifted car liveries can’t be restored if they are removed.

2 Likes

Hmmm, removed it because I already had the car and it showed the same livery. meh

1 Like

Yep, I accidentally removed my Jeep with the special Halo livery because it didn’t display the livery. I was culling duplicates, saw I had two and as usual I looked at the history of both to determine which one to keep. One had my name and the other had an original owner of “Unknown” so thought it was a random barn gift car and deleted it.

After I realised what I’d done I looked at some of my other Turn10 gifts, and again, no livery in the garage menu, and with about half of them, the owner history shows “Unknown” as original owner (even though owner count = 1).

You should play for the new prizes, or play for the fun… but wanting to 100% anything in this game with the state it’s in, you’re just setting yourself up for heartache and frustration.

Would rather have wheelspins since they’re scarcer than anything after you get your first prestige.

This can’t be by design, I looked in my garage before I saw this and thought I was looking at the wrong car model. As just saw I had a duplicate. Luckily didn’t delete anything.

So that’s why I auctioned the previous gift cars. The preview image doesn’t represent the skin unless you upgrade/tune it. I did end up buying back the Corvette (Dia de Muertos livery) and I think it was a Porsche for Xbox 20th Anniversary? Is there a list of these skinned gift cars that have been given out to date for FH5? Or is it those three - Corvette Muertos, Porsche 20th Ann, and Camaro NYE?

Interesting choice of car.

To make the original livery appear in the thumbnail, try upgrading the car.

Yep, doing an upgrade forces the thumbnail to refresh, so it’ll display properly in your garage.

If you don’t want to upgrade, you can just pick ‘restore default upgrades’ and I’ve found this works too. I do this now on any gift car, so I can check to see if there’s a special livery.

Is it stupid that you have to do this? Yes. Is it even stupider that this problem was in the last game and still isn’t fixed in this one? Yes…

Which Corvette was it? I think I have missed that one or sold it lol

I love the gift livery(FH4-5, FM7) but it would be cool if this was available in the menu’s for the car like painting and designs to apply when i feel like it. After some time these will not be easy to find and i know these take some time be created.

Why not make them available to anyone, anytime? After all it’s a gift.