Garage custom tagging and grouping, filtering and sorting

Vote here if you’d like to see additional sorting options and ability to group cars when navigating the My Cars menu.

Please also post a reply with specific details.

I’d like to see tagging for build types

• race
  • drift
  • off-road
8 Likes

I’m going to throw in the much requested change to make it easier to find duplicates

1 Like

would certainly make keeping track of cars easier in game. painted, tuned, ready for racing etc would all be good things to be able to tag your cars with

1 Like

It would be handy if the game remembered our sort order / filter.

2 Likes

Ability to select more than one category when viewing cars.

For example,

Selecting the “manufacturer” category as well as the “class” category would show your cars in each manufacturer sorted by class. Selecting “manufacturer” first would have that category take precedence.

Another example:

Selecting “country” first then “year” would show the cars from each country sorted from oldest to newest.

3 Likes

I would love to have the possibility to sort the cars by kilometers driven (ascending order). This way I can try all the cars in the game (~700 at the moment), because I can’t really remember which ones I drove, and which not.

When I start an event, the same cars always pop-up at the start of the list. Sorting in ascending order by km driven will always bring up front thecars that I used less, making it easier to find them in the huge pool of cars that FH5 has.

3 Likes

Would love to be able to sort/filter cars by their stats, such as top speed, weight, etc.

1 Like

Think some of you are missing something, there is already a way to sort your vehicles. Also a way to find the duplicates.

This exists. Click Y (Filter) and check Duplicates. Then B to exit. I use this all the time to gift duplicates.

this would be perfect especially when starting races like you said

Because it was added in the meantime with one of updates :smiley:

I’d like to see return of sorting options from early Forza Motorsport games (up to FM4) - by power, weight, torque, displacement etc. (this last one would be useful for finding EVs :wink: )

or just custom tags and symbols

Being able to group all your cars into small groups is essential. Drift, rally, CC, road race, my tune, downloaded tune etc. for the tags. All filterable aswell.

That would be handy - I only keep a couple Fav Drift cars - sorting them separately would be nice.

Although we have car types or Tyre types built in to searching, I would like to see the ability to add my own custom tag to my cars, that I can also filter by.

I have almost all cars, and have modified over 200 of them. I would like to be able to find with just a filter those I’ve set up for circuits, drag, drift, Rally, off road, jumps, playground games, top speed - that sort of thing.

Because although I might have modified a Porsche (modern super car) - I’ve slapped off road Tyres on it and cranked up the suspension for Rally but then don’t use it for 3 months and forget I’ve done it.

Maybe add a tick for ‘stock’ or ‘modified’ as well. Just marking a car as a favorite isn’t enough. Why is it a favorite? What’s it set up for?

As I write this, I’m using what should be a drag car, built instead as a jump car - for the weekly event.

2 Likes

Exactly what i need too.
In addition i would like to have the filter list look like the car manufacturer’s.
Or at least have the most used tags and previously used tags on top.

1 Like

A feature where you could make your own, sorting categories would be great. It would make it way easier to sort out you garage or find cars your looking for, especially when you have alot of cars. Fx, s1 Dirt, B Road, Pr jumps and such. Being able to make your own categories would be an amazing feature, and especially help when you have alot of cars.

A way to name each car would also be really cool and make it easier to telle the difference if you have multiple of the same car.

1 Like

There is 656 cars in Forza Horizon 5 and a lot of them are great for different race type. The problem is that unlike seasonal races, Horizon Open doesn’t have car type restrictions. Independing on race we have to scroll through hundreds of cars just to pick THAT one car which would be perfect for certain track or sprint and type of the surface. The situation is getting worse and worse with every next update which adds more cars. Adding cars to favorites and using filtering isn’t enough for our needs. That’s why we need custom car lists we could create for specific conditions and add cars to them. Scrolling through offroad cars, cross country cars, power build cars etc. just to find a car perfect for circuit race is a pain…

Giving the option to select a vehicle as Road or Rally or Offroad or Drag or Drift would be beneficial in my opinion. The first time I went into the trial this week I had trouble finding my Rally cars, I ended up grabbing an AWD and making due.

One of the fun things in this game is making cars your own and trying different tunes on them. I have played since launch and have 950 cars in my garage. I have multiples, obviously, and I like putting different tunes on them. So I might have a 700 Road and 700 Rally on the same car. If they were sorted all the rally cars would show up first and make choosing easy.

I know this is a minor complaint but I thought I would suggest it.