Game Crashing via Car-Specific Tune Loading (Shelby Daytona & AMC Hornet JB)

So, since Sunday I’ve been dealing with a bug where any time I try to load a tune onto ANY Shelby Daytona (and ONLY Shelby Daytona) the game totally crashes, going first to a black screen and then to the Xbox One X Home screen. Actually, to be more specific, the crashing happens before I even get to any tune, rather it happens whenever I try to access the UI that contains/searches/displays shared and downloaded tunes.

Fortunately (I guess), I haven’t used the Shelby Daytona very much at all as I tend to avoid meta whenever I can, and by the same token I suppose it’s unlikely I’d suddenly have the desire or need for it. That said, I don’t like NOT having the option to do ANYTHING with a car as consequential as this at all, either. Still waiting to see some action or dialogue with my ticket, but I was curious if anyone out there has experienced or even heard of anything like this?

Ticket submitted with the following details:

Beginning Sunday afternoon and continuing all night long, game began crashing in FR and at festival when I would attempt to search/load tunes onto three different Shelby Daytonas when accessing the following:
• Cars/Tune Car/Setup Manager in FR
• Creative Hub/Tuning Setups in FR
• Garage/Upgrades & Tuning/My Tunes at festival
• Garage/Upgrades & Tuning/Find New Tunes at festival
Activity/event log as follows:
• Tried setup mgr in FR, Shelby Daytona #1, crashed.
• Rebooted.
• Tried My Tunes at festival, Shelby Daytona #1, crashed.
• Tried My Tunes at LEGO house, Shelby Daytona #1, crashed.
• Rebooted.
• Tried My Tunes at festival, Porsche 550A Spyder, successful tune remove/reapply.
• Tried setup mgr in FR, Shelby Daytona #2, crashed.
• Tried setup mgr in FR, Jaguar C-Type, successful tune remove/reapply.
• Ran various Rivals. Switched to Ferrari 365. Attempted Rivals, crashed.
• Ran various Rivals. Switched to Shelby Daytona #1.
• Tried My Tunes at festival, Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE, successful tune remove/reapply.
• Tried My Tunes at festival, Alfa Romeo 155 Q4, successful tune remove/reapply (twice).
• Tried Find New Tunes at festival, Shelby Daytona #2, crashed.
• Tried Creative Hub/Tuning Setups in FR, Shelby Daytona #2, crashed.
• Removed Shelby Daytona #1 from garage.
• Switched to Shelby Monaco. Tried Find New Liverys, crashed.
• Removed Shelby Daytona #2 from garage.
• Switched to Lamborghini Jarama S.
• Purchased new Shelby Daytona #3 from Car Show.
• Tried My Tunes at festival, Shelby Daytona #3, crashed.
[This is where I gave up.]

Including a handful from earlier in the day before I decided to start keeping track, the game crashed on Sunday approximately 20 times. And in the unlikely event that this bug is more tune-related than program-related, I included the names of the three recent tunes I downloaded this weekend and their tuners which I’m ommitting here for the obvious reasons.

So, has anyone ever seen anything like this?

I 1000G’ed FH2 a few weeks back and something similar was there too, can’t remember whether it was looking for them or actually installing them but trying to put anyone else’s tunes on certain cars completely froze the game.

Sell the car, its obviously haunted … lol

Changing tunes on PC EN works just fine for me.

1 Like

Haha, well I did consider that but I since I can’t control who got to buy them and inherit the ghosts, I just removed them from the garage to protect the innocents out there (Ghost-un-busting, perhaps? :ghost:).

Unfortunately, the fresh, brand-new replacement Daytona is doing the exact same thing as I noticed the tunes I had downloaded were still there despite removing both of the first two Daytonas. Actually, that part isn’t a surprise, the tunes would’ve remained and gotten displayed in My Tunes for the new car right from the beginning anyway if they weren’t individually deleted prior. What I was hoping for was that the removal would exercise any ghost, gremlin, demon, or otherwise from wherever they had taken root, be it one of the cars, the UI, or even from the tunes themselves, however unlikely as that may be.

No activity on the Support ticket yet, so Dan Ackroyd may turn out to be my only hope. :grimacing:

1 Like

So now in addition to the Shelby Daytona causing game crashes, the AMC Hornet JB is doing the exact same thing. Full crash when attempting to access the tune interface from ANY Shelby Daytona or AMC Hornet. :rage::rage::rage::fire:

IDK, try to reinstall the game?

Dunno. Ticket closed w info sent to ‘appropriate parties.’ I reopened it to add that now the Hornet (a car I DO enjoy often) has same problem, and then they reclosed with force, killing it dead w no ability to reopen if necessary. They didnt instruct or advise reinstallation, but they didnt say not to do that either. I guess I will just know when it has been addressed and corrected by osmosis, if it ever does. They probably plan on embedding a little modal pop up informing me of the prompt corrective update and thanking me for my detailed submission.

:smile::laughing::sweat_smile::joy::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::crazy_face::woozy_face::confounded::tired_face::anguished::unamused::expressionless: