FPS drops after 30 minutes of gaming session

I can run FH4 at 70 fps even at HIGH settings but noticeably, fps seems to decrease as time pass by. 70 fps at launch, 60 by 10 minute mark and down to 30 fps and below after an hour. I have tried almost every fix from changing page file values, changing game resolutions, settings, nvidia control panel settings, setting its priority in the task manager to HIGH. Even worse, open the menu several times could make the fps drop process even faster. I dont think its the problem with my drive since my computer is fairly new.

Running
i5-10300H @2.5 GHz (8 core)
8 GB RAM
GTX 1650 Ti (4GB GDDR6)

May want to check the internet connection and specifically, latency. Thought entirely possible, it’s unlikely to be an issue with the machine if it is happening constantly, and instead more likely, to be an issue with the connection to the servers (hence checking the latency).

/edit

To clarify, I know you’ve likely already tried, but I’d start with a full shutdown + startup of the router, and take it from there (if that doesn’t sort it out, then perhaps pop a ticket in (I know, I know, support sucks, but they have to follow the script, management won’t give them a choice with that)).

1 Like

It’s hard to know but i’d check both temps and memory usage

Oops! I slipped in to the FH4 section. my previous reply was regarding FH5. FH5 has similar issues where players may be experiencing performance degradation after extended time playing due to memory issues…

I think you might be right here, this is possibly a memory issue. Forza needs to optimize their sh*t. I actually upgraded my rig to a 16 gb RAM and noticeably, the fps drops started occurring later than sooner, from 30 mins to and hour now.