Forza Motorsport car list discussion

Yeah, the only question is now what the open tour reward is, because in that live events blog you can see on one of the pictures a “reward: tba”.

And since the spotlight cars are not listed on the initial car list, I have to assume these cars are only within that period available to buy.

Or they are added as spotlight cars at a reduced price, but stay in the autoshow and after the period ended are higher priced.

Makes a difference: do I have to do just the featured tour to get that one car or do I have to grind credits to get the 6 cars also.
I mean, not a problem in the first few months, but at some point it gets annoying to play the way the developers want me to play.

I know it sounds very negative, for now it looks really cool not being forced to play MP, just the career, but PG with FH4 and 5 really messed it up for me and those two franchise are connected to each other.
I really don’t need another game were I need 3-5 hours each week to complete everything.

1 Like

I did…and they listened…a CTSV is not a muscle car
An ats V is not a muscle car
A viper is not a muscle car
And a corvette is not a muscle car
Camaro, mustang…are more sports cars than muscle cars…they are just as capable as M/AMG cars

1 Like

You make some good points but overall I have to disagree. 100% true that Vipers & 'Vettes are sports cars, more like a 911 or a GT-R, not muscle cars.

Sports sedans are debatable. An American RWD V8 sedan like a CTS-V or Charger is hard to say. In Australia, all of their muscle cars are both two & four doors. So over there it would be a no-brainer to call them muscle cars. Over here we exclude 4 doors so I kind’ve see your point there. But I definitely see WAY more similarities between a CTS-V & a Z28 than a CTS-V & a 911, or M8, or whatever else.

Saying a Camaro & Mustang aren’t really muscle cars, is abjectly wrong at this point. Sure, maybe back in the 60s, the base model ones were pony cars only, not muscle cars. But nowadays even the GT Mustang has 500hp. To say they’re too fast or can turn too well to be a muscle car would also be arguing that a Trans-Am spec 1970 Boss 302 isn’t a muscle car. It obviously is. Muscle cars don’t have to be slower or worse performing than sports cars. They are just different ways to go about performance.

This category is just a mindlessly thrown together “catch-all” of all modern performance cars that aren’t supercars & above. It’s lazy in my opinion.

I am unreasonably stoked for the SVO mustang.

But one TVR, one AMC, no Zondas, and no 2017 GT, among others is a travesty.

2 Likes

I guess we can agree to disagree…i like it because it allows for “crossover” without going to great lengths to cobble together a blueprint event.

ZL1 vs M8…sign me up

True, I like crossover, but that’s exactly why tags would be more fun. A lot of people DO just want muscle car races, or Euro Sports races. Now it’s all or nothing. Seems a bit silly to not give people the choice of specificity.

3 Likes

Agreed on that…multiple tags would be even better

1 Like

The 5th-gen Camaro is nowhere to be found in the new Motorsport, I am quite sad to hear it. It’s my favorite generation of the modern Camaro.

Its ZL1 and Z/28 versions were modeled in the recent-quality looks. There might be a hope for the 2010 SS to return.

I assume they should return to the new Motorsport later on. Z/28 should be back too because it can handle very well at the racetracks but it appeared more frequently in Horizon than Motorsport, considering that FM6 (including the PC version Apex) was the Z/28’s only appearance in Motorsport.

Also, with Alfa Romeo, Giulietta QV was the only Alfa available in-game. The rest of the others just returned to FH5 almost two months ago. And now, Abarth, Lancia, and FIAT aren’t included in Motorsport, thinking that the same licensing problem will be handed to FM after FH5 claimed them back… Why is that? is it because of separate developers?

I get it that 500+ cars at launch is confirmed, but still, there are dozens of other cars missing that they should return soon enough. Although, I’d consider buying Motorsport later with a discounted price during the sale on Steam.

4 Likes

Noticed there are no Lancia cars.

2 Likes

I am shocked! … is what I would be saying if I hadn’t already looked at the stickied Car List post at the top of this forum.

3 Likes

No modern F1 car and no Indycar…gutted !

2 Likes

For sure we need alot more Alfas and Volvos, and if Lancia is missing again, it`s just a tragedy.

2 Likes

And Fiats/Abarths.

Couldn’t help but notice that the Dodge SRT Demon and the Lexus LFA have dropped off the list and don’t currently appear to be in the game (not available to buy anyway). Does anyone know what’s going on with them?

Also hoping for some more Fiat Group cars, e.g., Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Abarth, etc., but I guess we’ll just have to keep hoping!

That’s because rewards for career series seem to be left out of the list (much like barn finds were not present in FH4/5 initial car lists)
Anyway, I can confirm that both SRT Demon and LFA are in the game as prizes, along with 2020 R8, Porsche 911 Turbo 1995 and Ford GT 2017

1 Like

OK, great! Thank you! They were in the official list for a while, but then they dropped off, so I was really wondering what happened (thought/hoped they might still be reward cars). Thanks for confirming! Whew! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And that’s why in some way, they need to be available for purchase in the car dealer and as rental cars for Free Play. Don’t want any “come and go” mechanics like in Horizon with the Festival Playlist.

2 Likes

If the 09 ms3, 13 ms3, 06 ms6, and 03 msp arent dlc or added cars later on fmig

Honestly, I’m quite surprised they got rid of so many normal cars with unique customization that could absolutely be left in the game and have a purpouse. Take a look at the 2014 M4 for example, that one recieved quite a lot of customization (for Forza standards) in FH5, and could appear in the game with all those kits, making it a less powerful alternative to the non-customizable M4 GTS. On top of this, the Car Leveling system could be used to lock certain cars behind levels of other cars, or make them available in the Autoshow after reaching a certain level of one car. I see this with the F82 M4 & M4 GTS, as well as tens of other cars.

2 Likes

2 Likes