Forza Motorsport car list discussion

Yeah for sure! The single player had all sorts of specific super niche races that were super fun, and made it so that your cars were able to be used for more than just one boring division. I miss that stuff!

Hallelujah the Modern Muscle class is kaput

Corvettes can race against ferraris
Cadillacs can take on M5s

Camaros and Mustangs can go toe to toe witb M3s!!!

Someone actually listened

1 Like

Its in this list

It’s one of the cars that were revealed and later removed from lists.

How old is that, because I’m looking at ManteoMax’s topic, and it’s MIA.

I’m sure someone has said this before but if this means it’s getting a remodel and/or a new version (eg. facelift Integra Type R) then I’m more than happy it’s gone for now. You should be too.

1 Like

I can only hope but that’s one big “if” considering how many Honda’s have slowly disappeared from the Forza franchises in the past few years never to come back.
As for the new monstrosity that took the Integra name…I can only hope not.

1 Like

We still have the EP3 and the CR-X SiR, looks like the uncentered body and the lack of side skirts are never going to leave us. “Be glad with what you got” or something.

Who asked for that? These cars are completely separate in car culture, & widely have completely different fanbases. Who the heck calls a Hellcat a “Touring Car”?

I’m really quite displeased at the lack of Pagani models. I mean they went out and did the work on the Huayra R and put it in FH5 but not this. It would have sat nicely alongside the Zonda R but no Zonda R either.

4 Likes

Probably will come later in the car pass (?). For me it was a surprise seen the 2020 Lamborghini Essenza SCV12 in the car list at launch. It was in the last paid DLC for FH5. I’m honestly expecting a couple of those cars from both FH5 paid DLCs to come later for FM.

All cars in the Car Pass are #NewToForza so I expect Pagani Huayra R to come with an update. Perhaps Microsoft doesn’t want to release it too early for free and wants to make more money with it included in DLC for FH5 (the same goes for Ferrari 296 GTB) :wink:

As for Pagani Zonda R, it should return at some point alongside similar Ferrari FXX and maybe Koenigsegg CCGT. They could form a new division/tour together.

3 Likes

They really made so many cuts with some of these choices… We lost a lot of good cars… even legacy cover cars.

We lost every performance SUV. We lost the TVR Sagaris. We only have a single Alfa Romeo, and it’s a model well over 10 years old. Many BMW icons were cut for no reason. The Q60 Concept is gone, although I would justify that in that case, but we’re left with the most recent model being the Eau Rouge.

Many brands are still in need of a update. Dodge does not have any car made after 2018 in Forza and it’s shameful considering they had every opportunity to get a Redeye or the Demon 170. Jaguar’s F-Type has been updated several times and we’re still stuck with the 2015 model, meaning we’re missing out on the SVR and the 2021 update. So does the Lotus Evora, which had a decade of more powerful variants… and we got a rehash of the slightly updated S model from FH1-FH2.

It could be possible, but it is inconsistent. One example would be the GTC4Lusso, which arrived as paid DLC in FH4 but was free in FM7 via an update. Maybe those would work too. The 935 was in FH5 first so maybe it could be in an update… but who knows.

But then again, they did flip-flop in their history. Did anyone remember the second-gen Eclipse GSX in FH3, which was insultingly paid DLC despite it being free to buy in previous Forzas?

I’m also not liking the fact that we were lied to about the Focus ST BTCC being locked behind a paywall. I mean it was promoted well and shown plenty of times, and we got beaten down. Or the fact that some cars got pulled from the Developer Direct without us knowing in the first place.

5 Likes

Does someone have an idea, why the spotlight cars from that live events blog post earlier (2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 2014 Ferrari FXX K etc) are not in the car list?
Are these time limited reward cars?

Do I really have to play every week a featured tour and an open tour in builder’s cup and a spec series, an open series and a spotlight series in MP to get everything?

That would be pretty time consuming, since FH5 is also pretty overloaded with tasks every week for a completionist like me.

Also…what do you guys think is the garage limit this time? 900 like in FM7?
1000? Maybe 2000 like in FH5 now?

its gonna be exactly like fh5 where youll have to grind so many annoying events ill never otherwise play just to get a limited time car.

Each spotlight car from the first month will be possible to buy from the autoshow. Only Acura ARX-05 is time limited reward, but you have plenty of time to get it (unitl mid-November, IIRC).

EDIT: It’s explained here:

But did you see what’s written directly after the last set of cars on that initial cars list blog post?
I’m reading it so, that the Ginetta is also a reward car.
But it is listed as spotlight car and its not listed in any division.

So what does that mean? Are spotlight cars autoshow cars? Time-limited autoshow cars? Reward cars?

At first I thought I only need to do the featured tour and open tour every week to get the reward cars at the end.
So (I quietly hoped) I don’t have to play PvP at all to get everything.
Because I am mainly a career, free play and especially rivals player in forza.
I very rarely have the mood/frust resistation to play PvP.
(I absolutely hate it when there is a horizon open task in FH5 in a week).

Yeah, I know we have 6 weeks to complete the tours.
It’s better than FH5, but you still have to do all this at some point.
But at least now you can be sick or on vacation for a week or 2 and don’t miss anything.

I was away from FH4 for around 2 years, because the playlist tasks got repetitive and annoying. And FH5 is even worse now.
It took me 2 years to get all cars I missed during that time, so I can’t stop FH5 now.

It’s really my problem being a completionist and having FOMO like crazy, but I often wish, PG would cut the festival playlist tasks in half for each week, so I had more time to play it my way.

You don’t need to complete anything beyond the career mode event to get that Acura. As for Ginetta, there is nothing about it being a reward car in the Initial Car List article, only that “In October players will have a chance to pick up the 2019 Ginetta #6 Team LNT Ginetta G60-LT-P1 […].” :slight_smile:

In this video (attached to the article I posted above) you can see the Ginetta available in the autoshow:

2 Likes

Time limited is time limited. The FOMO mechanics were a horrible addition to Horizon, and shame on Turn 10 for adding them to Motorsport. I really can’t stress that enough, nor can I stress this enough: it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a company actively try to drive people away from a product they’re selling, but Turn 10 - bless their hearts - are giving it the proverbial college try.

1 Like

Look on the bright side - you’ve got so much time between now and the middle of November to get the Acura ARX. Still better than just 7 days, no?

Unfortunately I probably won’t be able to get the game on early access, on account of the fact that it will be inevitably glitchy at launch. And the added jumpscare of the game shutting down unexpectedly becoming a standard for the Series consoles, which is worse.