Forza Horizon 1 game disc not installing on xbox one x

Good day,

I bought a used xbox one x from someone who bought the x series. It was factory reset with latest firmware. I attempted to install Forza Horizon 1 using the game disc (which has zero scratches and is in really good condition), but nothing happens.

I was able to install FH2 (game disc) and FH3 (digital purchase), but I can’t get FH1 to install.

Any ideas why it’s not working? I’m going to get an xbox 360 from a friend to confirm 100% that the disc is working, but if it is, why wouldn’t it install on the xbox one x? Did Microsoft stop support for anyone trying to install it for the first time?

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Mr. Shanks

Also not installed from disk Forza Horizon
This is very bad

I installed it two weeks ago on my old X1X without any problem.

@turtleCZ did you ever install FH1 in the past, or was this the very first time that you installed FH1?

Sorry for later response. I did it before.

I am in the same boat as you @MrShanks. I attempted to install Forza Horizon 1 using the game disc on my Series X and all I get is a Blu Ray disc application but game never even installs. So much for Backwards Compatibility. Luckily I still have my old XB360 so I will still be able to play FMs 1-4 and Horizon 1

Hi all,

I’m facing the same issue with a brand-new Series X. Disc is in good shape and worked perfectly for a few hours with the console; nothing is wrong with the console’s disc drive as it read others without any issue. It’s now detecting FH1 as a DVD and attempts to play it as such when I insert it.

yup this is the same issue that I am experiencing, anyone know of a workaround for this?

Which console are you using? My friend reports that his disc copy of FH1 is still working with his One.

I picked up an old FH 1 game disc and have installed it on both the older Xbox One and a newer Xbox One X. Had no troubles with both systems. One note though… On the Xbox One X I needed to flip the disc upside down (readable portion facing up) for it to work. Thought that was a bit odd.

1 Like

Mine is working, but i can’t install FM 2-4 on xbox one X