Forza Horizon 1 on Xbox One

Hello there

I’ve bought a key for the original Forza Horizon on Xbox One on CDKeys as it was on sale, and the game downloads and installs just fine. But when I try to open it, an error pops up with the code 0x803f8001 and the message “Do you own this game or app? If you have a game disc, insert it now. If you bought this online, make sure you’re signed in to Xbox Live. If you don’t have rights for playing it, you’ll need to get it at the Microsoft Store.”

I have tried contacting Microsoft Support, and they have told me to get a replacement from CDKeys, which I have contacted CDKeys about. I’ve also tried restarting and reinstalling the game to no avail.

Suggestions would be great :slight_smile:

Maybe they sold a disc version based key ?

I get the same error message when i start horizon without the disc in the xbox one.

I’ve never heard about disc version based codes.

Where and how you redeemed the code? On the website or in the Xbox?

The content of the code is always shown before accepting so you can cancel if the description doesn’t match what you think you will get.

But as you said it actually downloaded the game, it means you account owns it. Or it should.

If the support couldn’t help you, I would try installing on the Xbox One using that Push feature. So delete everything for this game from your Xbox One, restart it, leave it there logged in with your account of course. Go to the website, log in with your account, go to Forza Horizon Store page (not marketplace page, this is for Xbox 360), and press the button “Install on Xbox One”. I believe it will attempt to install it with your privileges, so it should work. (I hope =D)

Any happy ending to this?.. I know there’s a common problem with the digital download asking for the disc to be inserted…a DRM issue that was never solved?