Forza 7 will crash when i use red devil 5700xt in my system but works fine with a 1060 strix

hi guys
starting with system
have a 5600x with 32gb ddr4 3200 2 nvmes
750watt psu and a msi b550
gpu i use is a red devil 5700xt
byt tested gpu is a 1060

i have contant crashing to desktop after say 7 laps if vsinc is on and half a lap with it off
what ive tried

reinstall of windows 11
flashing gpu bios
reinstalling gpu software
running gpu on basic gpu drivers from windows
setting games as piority in task manger
playing with options in game including 60fps with vsinc
putting game in game mode under windows
resitting gpu
and theres others that have sliped my mind
the issue is i know its gpu related as with the 1060 on the same system the game runs without issue
so i know its not the system parts being the issue

now the 5700xt does run all other games
but i like coming back to this game to do rival times

now on the newest track i can only do 7 laps then soung hangs then game will freeze

could do with some help please

Take a look here, something might work

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/ow0p68/forza_motorsport_7_constant_crashing/

yeah did all of theses, and plus theres no error code with mine

Crashes during race. Happens on some tracks, not all. amdxc64.dll is the faulting module - #6 by Adie107_2 ?

as mentioned above ive tried restricting to 60 vsinc and unlimited vsinc still happens on 7th lap of the new rivals

What about the driver version suggested in that post?

Idk how old it is, don’t have an AMD GPU myself

yeah its strange most fixes that have a possitive affect and im able to do 10 or 11 laps when i reset my pc goes straight back to crashing on lap 7 either just on the lap or as im coming to a finish

its so fustrating

i had a xfx 5700xt and that played this game ok so i really dont get this . ive spent 4 days of trail and error ive done practicly everything

tried it kept getting blue screens

update guys issue is now resolved, turns out drivers 21.3.1 worked the second time i installed it, the reason for this issues was when you uninstall drivers windows would instantly install oem drivers and then when u install the new drivers it would conflict, so i turn oem drivers off in windows under system,

then reinstalled drivers from 2021 and now game lets me play,

5 days of troubleshooting this has been a headache lol

like to take the time to thank thoese of you that took the time to help :smile:

Tru the bottom fix if you are wanting a fix on the up to date drivers

2 Likes

dont do this if your palying modern games like jedi survivor as it will just crash

Deleted

1 Like

LOL couldnt have said it better, lol tho had to chose to abandon the fix as it stoped me playing new games, so ill just have to get over it lol

1 Like

yeah factory reset is something i use often and i also use ddu,

i had a xfx 5700xt a couple weeks back and that worked this game just fine no issues

so its something with this red devil and how it interacts with drivers thats conflicting with something in game,
and im on the latest drivers by amd

nah ive always set to gen 4,
whats in the old drivers thats missing from this one that makes it work is my thinking

i wish there was some kind of log that would shine a light to where to go

thank you never knew how to use that

so

its the amdxc64.dll, file error so anyone got a fix for this ?

did a mem test as most that have this is a faulty mem but mine came back ok
0.000: Detecting usable memory (32694 MB theoretical max)…
29.438: 29120 MB Test starting on 12 CPUs…
29.438: Allocating memory…
32.407: Memory locking failed (might be reserved by other apps/kernel)
33.875: Test finished with no errors detected

so ive actually found the fix for at lease mine,
1 important step and 2 that might change your results

*2 optional, add page file to c drive only above 10gb, run game in 60fps vsink

crusial steps go to msgonfig and go to services under there you will find 2 amd options uncheck amd crash defender service

game runs perfect and better then its done

and just so we are clear i had already tested the 60 fps vsink and page file on its own before and it didnt work so its nice that its working now
let me know if this works for any of you

Yeah under services its unticked so it wont beable to start,
Its strange some of the errors i was getting on forza under event viewer was that amd reported card running setting unsuported by card, and it was like that no matter what setting i was on, i did all of them steps like driver only and all ther other ones,

The optional ones i had already done in the past but on there own they dont work, but all 3 things i mentioned worked for me,

Now i dont have to get rid of my card