Forza 1 and 3 available for download

… but I can’t get them to work, probably because I never owned them? Idk. Two questions I guess: is there some way to get them to actually work, and if not, why let people download them in the first place?

• GEI$T
1 Like

The FH1 download worked for me on xbox 1x with the disc to confirm I owned it. FH3 had bought from the store already

I bought used copies of Horizon 1, 2 & 3 for Xbox and had no problems at all installing them. I was able to download updates for all 3 of them to give me the last most up to version of each game.

Ok, so if I own a hard copy, it works like it should.

I guess my next question is, why am I able to download these games thru the xbox app, but not thru the actual store? Is this a glitch, are they even supposed to be available?

I probably sound like a noob, but this is a very confusing “end-of-life” for these games.

• GEI$T

Indeed. I just tried what you said and noticed the same thing. Basically downloading it does not mean you bought it, makes some sense, and thus you are not able to run it. So that would mean that if you already owned it you most likely still can run it as long as the XBox can verify you really do own it in this case hardcopy. Too bad, would have loved to try this for once.

That feature was added years ago to mobile app. It allows you to start downloading game before you get back to home from store. You can also “preload” game you plan to buy two days later when you have money for it.

1 Like

it’s interesting that it’s still active for titles you can’t even access thru the regular store