Ford Mustang 1968 GT 2+2 Fastback interior modeling

I am a big Mustang fan and know pretty much every corner of them. So how should i start, well yeah I found a little but annoying detail about it that doesn’t make sense: first at all, it is obvious that the 1968 Mustang Fastback is the GT version, BUT the Gt version has headrests and the one in FH5 does not. Like i said it’s a little inaccuracy but for a Mustang fan like me pretty annyoing so would be great if you’d fix it.
:heart:

I believe they used the Bullitt movie car as reference (if you look at some of the upgrades, they are movie specific). That Mustang had no headrests and had a number of it’s GT markings blacked out.

2 Likes

well the Bullitt i belive wasn’t even the GT version

It was, it was a 1968 GT390 Fastback, and the GT390 (as has been confirmed by the November 2019 leak) is the model in the game

2 Likes

then why isn’t the car ingame called GT390?

Licensing

Not sure if it’s licensing. The original car carried the GT or GTA badging, no numbers denoting the C.I. ever listed. GT was for the manual version, GTA for the automatic. They didn’t use 390 in the badging at all, same with the Fairlane GT, which could have a 289, 302, 390 or 427.
The movie car has the grill accessories removed as well as the side GT badge removed. The GT specific gas cap was blacked out to minimalized the link to an actual GT. Every one of those edits are options in game.

2 Likes

Oh, and to add, there are many GTs in the wild without headrests…

2 Likes

well but why would they do it (remove the headrests) for the movie if its just needs work and money?

yes, i agree totally with you, but this has nothing to do with the headrests tbh (alittle side fact the GTA badging was only for the fastback automatic not for the coupé or convertible automatic version)

this does not make sense to me, if you still think that explain me why they would not have the license for that if they pay so much attention for details

1 Like

I think it’s kinda common in filming for headrests to be removed. They can be in the way of the camera shot or lighting or just visually distracting.

2 Likes

The point with my last post was to prove that the standard and deluxe versions of the '67 and '68 seats (seen in the image below) did not in fact have headrests.

Headrests showed up in '69. So if you seen any '67 or '68 with a highback bucket and a headrest, it was most likely a custom piece or pulled from a later Mustang.

1 Like

nope i disagree i have a 1968 GT convertible that has been in the ownings of my family since it was brand new and nothing has really changed. what i want to say with that is i think the post above i pretty valid and was removed because of distraction

that’s a valid point and probably the right answer

1 Like

Here’s an image of an original 1968 car without the headrests
grafik

Different Angle

1 Like

i am sry but what are these pics for?

Point is, just because your Mustang has them doesn’t mean every Mustang has them

2 Likes

and i was just saying that mine has them and why would they make some with and without?

Different question: Why did some cars of the same model have A/C and others didn’t?
Why do some cars have Cruise Control and other ones of the same model don’t?

Headrests were an optional extra in those days, instead of the vital safety feature they are now

1 Like