Ford GT at Turn 10

Well, it should be number 10…

But no. No idea yet.

2 Likes

Exterior: Ingot silver paint w/ lightning blue stripes and a gloss carbon fiber front/rear/side finish
Wheels: Graphite w/ black lug nuts and blue brake calipers
Interior: Re-Entry

Another idea could be the design from the Hot Wheels Forza Motorsport Ford GT.

Hi all,

Thanks for the posts and ideas so far – it’s great to see you are as excited about this as we are!

The next step in this process is for Alan to get on the phone with Ford and nail down all of the details and options for his car. That call is most likely going to happen this week. Before that happens, we’re curious: Do you guys have questions that you’d like to see answered ? Is there something you’d like to know about this part of the ordering process? Let us know here in the thread and we’ll do our best to get our favorite Forza Community questions answered by our friends at Ford.

So, what do you want to know about ordering the Ford GT?

Brian

Q: Does GT ownership have club-like privileges, such as invitations to exclusive Ford GT track days, top of the list for future Ford Performance purchases, or concierge mechanics?

Is there anything that GT ordering process participants conditionally agree they won’t do? (Benchmark testing/shootouts, boost the engine, reveal secrets about the car, reveal other owners?)

1 Like

Is it paid with the money we spent on you ?

go with traditional blue and white please

1 Like

Hopefully I’m not too late lol.

DJ Lime inspired me to give designing a go as well. It’s my first time making a full livery in years and I don’t think mine is all that great, but I had fun making it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just hatched an idea for it and did it. It probably means getting a custom paint job done though lol.

What I went for was sort of a simplistic, one-half through the ages of Forza, one-half current-day Forza sort of look (If that makes sense), while having a touch of racing design cues, as well as made with respect for the potentially upcoming Forza Motorsport 7:

It uses 3 seperate exterior finishes, starting with black at the front, polished carbon fiber at the back and grey in the middle, in suit of the special edition steelbook releases of each generation…kind of. :stuck_out_tongue:

A more flat view:

Hopefully this at least gives some ideas for the Big Boss (Like the number plate lol). Thanks for looking. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Had a session in photoshop that included the Ford GT … thought i’d turn it into a T10 version aswell :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just watched the second video after Brian posted it in the Week in Review.

Of the 2 front-running options mentioned at the end of the video, I would go with the Heritage Edition:

• It is an exclusive design, with unique finishing options.
  • The number and stripes, while being a Ford design, look like something that would be created in a Forza title. You also get the added perk of having the numbers inside the car.
  • The blue/white combination certainly looks good, but I would expect that to be quite popular amongst the 250 owners of 2017 Ford GTs as it is the classic Ford racing colour scheme. The Heritage Edition may also be popular but in my opinion captures the essence of the Forza community more than the blue/white.

Car’s going to look good no matter what you choose though; hopefully you bring it to E3/Gamescom so that the community can see it in person :wink:

1 Like

Here’s what i think the ford gt should look like

(the immediate reaction to the Launch Control Orange interior it great)

That Heritage Edition really looks great and would get my vote over the blue/wht. Would it be terrible if you obscured the “2” with a partial vinyl showing the Forza logo? That way you could make use of DJ Lime’s design idea, and retain the rest of the Heritage design. I don’t know if partial vinyls work well on cars or if you need a full panel cover. A temporary Forza logo vinyl would be cool for track days and photo shoots but wouldn’t be permanent like a full paint job. They noted that they wouldn’t accommodate custom paint at the factory, but do they have any objections for customizing the paint after you take ownership?

I think heritage edition

1 Like

Give dude our congrats. But let me offer this small bit of advice, you can take it with a grain of salt if you choose.

I dont think its cool to show off a $400,000 car purchase to the folks that purchased the game which provided the funds to make such a purchase. He/you all may think that this is you all sharing your success but to me, this is more akin to throwing our collective dollars back in our faces. Maybe he/you all should keep your splurging to yourselves.

Honestly, T10s money should be going towards bug fixes but heck, obviosly you have our money already so why rush.

I almost forgot…tell him he should swap in a Twin turbo Aventador v12

1 Like

My vote also goes to the heritage edition. It would be great to see these custom options on the Ford GT in the next Forza game.

It’s the 5th of February so my opinion won’t count because the order deadline was a few days ago, but I think they should go with the Heritage Edition with the satin finish. What a nice vehicle!

It looked like Alan was leaning in this direction anyhow, so I won’t be surprised if they announce it.

I think Forza colors would be fitting. Use the matte black body with glossy carbon fiber trim, orange racing strips, and the Launch Control orange interior.

or

the same black exterior with blue strips with the light speed interior.

Go for the heritage edition it’s smart

Here’s a new Youtube video of this endeavor - Part 3: Visiting the Ford Factory.

1 Like

Ford GT at Turn 10 – Part 4: Delivery Day
Turn10Studios
Published on Sep 6, 2017

https://twitter.com/ForzaMotorsport/status/905544465506484224
https://twitter.com/BillGiese/status/905547761814126592

https://twitter.com/johniwanna/status/905552386080505856

1 Like

Shotgun !

Ps - Congrats Alan